[MMM1] Game 3: P1 Blue (bansa) vs P2 Purple (FrozenStorm)

So the thinking there was one of desperation. I agree it is not ideal and trying not to use it

For this specific instance:

1. I felt Macciatus + Reteller was imminent
  2. I felt that would likely sink my gameplan if it came down
  3. I felt I needed to disrupt the tech 2 in order to sputter those hitting the board
  4. I was strapped for money and thus wouldn’t be able to afford Geiger + Now + enough to break the tech2

All somewhat flawed thought process bourne of desperation, my odds of drawing them both were slim to nil. Likely turtling up and pushing tech2 would have yielded slightly better results but I had more or less lost the game from that point IMO.

It was unlucky the hounds missed the Oni maxband turn (since I was playing to intentionally bait it) but really I think my mistake was in reactive teching the OS in general. My thoughts right now are at “Get to tech 2 ASAP, use Now!, Argo and Stewardess to help get there and stay there, ignore reactionary impulses”.

I’m not sure that will actually work out (all the speed bumps blue puts up are tough on Purple and the weaknesses I’m used to exploiting are much harder for Purple to exploit) but it’s what I’m going with for games 4 and 5 anyway XD