[MMM1] Game 1: P1 Blue (Dreamfire) vs P2 Purple (holytispon)

@holytispon Here we go! GL HF, let’s hope the real matches are as exciting as the warm-ups were.

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Manufactured Truth
Building Inspector
Lawful Search

WORKERS
Building Inspector

NextHand

Reputable Newsman
Traffic Director
Jail
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate

Discard

Arrest
Lawful Search
Manufactured Truth

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Spectral Aven - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Spectral Aven (2/2)
    [B]In Play:[/B]

[B]Buildings:[/B]

• :heart: Base HP: 20

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 5
Thoughts

Having all my spells in opening hand makes for a tough decision about what to worker. I’ll start with Aven for pressure, and worker Inspector. Then next turn I’ll have gold for hero + Newsman, probably blocking $2 unless Battlesuits gets played right away.

1 Like

GLHF

I’m going to take my time with these games, if that’s ok. I’m up in the mountains and traveling - there’s internet here but I want to do well on these games. I promise to keep the ball rolling but I want to think about the turns every now and then.

"P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Neo Plexus
Fading Argonaut
Tinkerer
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

WORKERS
Plasmodium

NextHand

Battle Suits
Temporal Research
Nullcraft
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter

Discard

Time Spiral
Tinkerer
Fading Argonaut
Neo Plexus

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Tower - ($1)
Tech 1 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 5

• :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:

• :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

• Disc: 4
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

He’s starting with an Aven, which is typical. That means any unit I play will trade poorly, and my heroes are pretty fragile earlier on. I’ll probably go for Sentry to counter it later. For now I’m building my tech 1 because for Aven means he gave up the inspector for turn 1, and I can get away with building two buildings without paying taxes. The tower makes the Aven a lot less effective, and I can nullcraft it next turn if he chooses to deal 2 damage to my tech tower. I’m workering Plasmo which doesn’t work well vs. Blue and definitely not as p2 and I want to possibly play with some time runes later in the game and I’ve been hurting for not having time spiral or tinkerer. Tower is good vs. blue anyway, definitely as p2 and I can focus on units from next turn.

"

Don’t sweat it. I have other ongoing games, so I’m in no rush whatsoever.

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Brave Knight
Overeager Cadet

STARTING HAND
Jail
Traffic Director
Reputable Newsman
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer

NextHand

Manufactured Truth
Arrest
Porkhand Magistrate
Jail
Overeager Cadet

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Tech 1 - ($4)
Onimaru - ($2)
Reputable Newsman, blocking $2 - ($0)
Aven hits tower down to 2

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Oni lvl 1 (2/3A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/3), blocking $2
  • Spectral Aven (2/1)

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0
  • Workers: 6
Thoughts

I kind of want to punish that slow start with a Jail, but if I bring a hero along that means I’m falling behind on tech. I could make up for it with Injunction, maybe? holytispon will be forced to play a hero next turn, which I could kill with Bigby + Aven, unless it’s a midband Geiger, in which case… this plan loses its bite.
Back to the original, then! Oni + Newsman on $2, and I’ll use Aven to hit… hmm. If I hit tech 1, I threaten breaking it next turn with Oni. I’ll probably need a spell or even two to get through patrol, and the thing rebuilds for free, but maybe the threat in itself is worth it? OTOH, if I hit tower and end up trading Aven for it I get ahead in gold, and holytispon might feel forced to rebuild it for even more gold. Let’s go for tower!

After the draw: got both spells and Cadet. I might go for an early tech 1 kill after all, with Heroes’ Hall to make up for the loss of cards. Then tech Injunction/Free Speech and another Knight to keep the pressure.

"P2T2

TECH
Seer
Stewardess of the Undone

STARTING HAND
Temporal Research
Hardened Mox
Battle Suits
Nullcraft
Forgotten Fighter

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Time Spiral
Battle Suits
Tinkerer
Forgotten Fighter
Temporal Research

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Nullcraft trades with aven - ($3)
Geiger - ($1)

Float ($1)

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: L1 Max Geiger 3/3

• :heart: Tower HP: 2

• Deck: 5
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

So he goes for Oni. Unusual. I can trade Nullcraft for the Aven and not have to worry about anti-air for a little while, so no need to tech a sentry (which would be too slow anyway). Oni is aggressive and i want to defend and go to tech 2. Newsy is blocking everything in my hand, which is annoying. I can play Mox which wiuld be a good defender - in SQL he wouldnt be moved even if the newsy copied him with MT (newsy can copy a Brave knight or something Though). I can play a hero but I dont want to feed Oni free levels. Mox is bad Against arrest so I think its betterto go for a hero. If he teched Elite Training, patrolling Geiger in Elite prevents Oni from killing him without a trade. To kill Geiger without losing Oni, he needs to have teched something like Brave Knight and have MT in his hand next turn. Let’s hope he didn’t. The fact he started with Oni suggets it’s possible he went for Elite Training. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

"

P1T3

TECH
Free Speech
Overeager Cadet

STARTING HAND
Porkhand Magistrate
Manufactured Truth
Overeager Cadet
Jail
Arrest

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate

NextHand

Lawful Search
Brave Knight
Free Speech
Traffic Director

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Oni trades with Geiger
Quince + Mirror - ($3)
Overeager Cadet
Manufactured Truth, Newsman into Cadet - ($2)
Overeager Newsman breaks your tower, takes 1 damage, your base to 18
At end of turn, Newsman reverts to his Reputable self

Float ($2)
Discard 2, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 1

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Overeager Cadet (2/2A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/2), blocking $2
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • Quince lvl 1 (1/3)

• Hand: 4
  • Gold: 2
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

WP by holytispon giving me nothing to copy, and no way to attack while keeping Oni. I do want to continue applying pressure, though, so I suppose a trade is in order. Then I could break the tower with MTruth on Newsman, and… I think I’ll float the rest, of my gold. That way I’ll have a lot of flexibility next turn, to either tech up or set up a copied Brave Knight.
I’m still mulling over my tech 2 choice. It mostly depends on whether Quince survives: if he does, I might go for Air Hammers again (or Spies, if tower stays down). If not, more likely to go for Truth.

"P2T3

TECH
Origin Story
Stewardess of The Undone

STARTING HAND
Tinkerer
Forgotten Fighter
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Temporal Research

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter

NextHand

Fading Argonaut
Stewardess of the Undone
Seer
Neo Plexus
Nullcraft

Discard

Temporal Research
Battle Suits
Time Spiral
Origin Story
Stewardess of The Undone

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Tinkerer - ($5)
Vir - ($3)
peek
Rebuild Tower (wouldn’t it be nice to if this was free?) - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Tinkerer 1/2A
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: L1 Vir 2/3

• :heart: Base HP: 18

• Disc: 5
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

First, patrolling Geiger achieved its goal and didn’t give him any free levels. I guess Oni was a fake as he teched OC rather than Elite Training, but so was Geiger (I have teched no Now!s). He must have killed Geiger to prevent a Now! from eliminating his mirrors, which seems to be his go to. Which is why I’m teching another Stewardess (get rid of Newsy/Mirror) and an origin story to get rid of Quince - he hasn’t seen me use it and he’s been blocking 2, so it’ll be nice to have something else going on.
Now for the whining: not getting any of the teched cards in hand in turn 3 sucks. I really think it’s one of the random things that disadvantage you the most, especially in a match-up where the start deck really suffers (as evidence: he’s using one of his starter deck cards to block 3/5 cards in my hand this turn, and last turn). If I had Seer, I could have built tech 2 and patrolled Seer in front of Vir to protect it and rush to tech 2 units. If I had stewardess, I could have gotten rid of the newsy or mirror. So I’m already in a pretty bad position.
alright, done with whining. OC makes me think of the peace engine, and I think he best response to that is Present. I can’t actually get any tech 2 units in hand next turn so delaying tech 2 one more turn isn’t that bad but my board state is already behind. I’m playing Vir, so he would think of Assimilate and perhaps change his plans. In any case, next turn I’ll tech Assimilate and Tricycloid so that I can have it later in the game if the need presents itself. for now, I sadly have to patrol a Tinkerer and rebuild my tower to discourage the aggression. He won’t have another copy of MT (most likely… he did draw one card after the shuffle) but he can midband Quince to copy the cadet or even the tinkerer to put on another damage on my tinkerer (though that wouldn’t be good, I don’t think). In any case, I’m expecting that he’ll play something that he can copy with the mirror to clear my board and then go to tech 2. The only good thing about the situation is that he went down on cards, but if he’s going for the peace engine, that shouldn’t be a problem for him very soon.

"

If rebuilding tower were free, I wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of breaking it :wink:

2 Likes

Right, well - I just said it would have been nice.

I mean, it would have been nice if you didn’t go to the trouble of breaking my tower.

P1T4

TECH
Spectral Roc
Macciatus, the Whisperer

STARTING HAND
Lawful Search
Brave Knight
Traffic Director
Free Speech
Manufactured Truth

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate
Traffic Director

NextHand

Jail
Arrest
Overeager Cadet
Spectral Aven

Discard

Spectral Roc
Macciatus, the Whisperer
Lawful Search
Free Speech
Manufactured Truth

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Lawful Search your discard pile, I draw - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Brave Knight - ($4)
Tech 2 (Truth) - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Brave Knight (3/3A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Overeager Cadet (2/2A)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/2), blocking $2
  • Quince lvl 1 (1/3)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Truth)

• Hand: 4
  • Disc: 5
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

Decided to go for Truth rather than Peace because I feel that it’s less of a one-trick pony (at least against Purple). Still interested in air power, though, so teching Roc along with Macciatus. Since I won’t be cycling into them yet, I’ll get the chance to complement those tech choices with Reteller or spells, after seeing holytispon’s next turn.
Lawful Searching holytispon’s discard because that’s where his tech choices are: Origin Story and Stewardess. That doesn’t tell me where he’ll go for tech 2, but it does tell me not to worry about tech 2 units for at least another turn. More importantly, it tells me not to rely on Quince and Mirrors too much.

"P2T4

TECH
Vortoss Emblem
Tricycloid

STARTING HAND
Nullcraft
Seer
Stewardess of the Undone
Neo Plexus
Fading Argonaut

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Neo Plexus

NextHand

Vortoss Emblem
Origin Story
Temporal Research
Tricycloid
Battle Suits

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Tech 2 (Present) - ($3)
Stewardess of the Undone, popping mirror - you get a card - ($0)

Float ($0)

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Tinkerer 2/2
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: L1 Vir 2/3
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Stewardess of the Undone 2/3, resist 1

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)

• Workers: 9
Thoughts

No peace engine means I don’t need Assimilate. I was going to tech Vortoss Emblem instead but then I realized that when he saw my discard, he knows I have Origin Story. That means he will be expecting Prynn and not Geiger, so maybe I should go with Now! for anti-illusion stuff. For now, maybe I’ll get another Seer and tech the Now! next turn. I’m expecting Macciatus to come out soon. Tricycloid is still my best bet and I really want to get Temporal Distortion but the friggin’ newsman is still blocking that so that’s an issue. I can’t bounce the newsy with my stewardess because I don’t have the money to pay for resist while also building tech 2, and I don’t want to give him a card for that mirror. As usual, he has me in a bind.
another option is to go down in cards to put down more a defense by playing Fargo and Seer, to protect my tech 2. Perhaps it’s better to go with Stewardess and pop that mirror, even if it gives him a card. I don’t want him to copy anything he may play. Tough choice. If my tech 2 can survive, I think I should tech two tech2 units, and the question is - do I tech an addition tricycloid or a Hyperion? Alternativefly, I can go with the Emblem to defend against illusions.

"

Sorry for the late reply, I had intermittent access to my laptop over the last few days.

P1T5

TECH
Injunction
Liberty Gryphon

STARTING HAND
Arrest
Overeager Cadet
Jail
Spectral Aven
Manufactured Truth (technician draw)

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate
Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth

NextHand

Brave Knight
Lawful Search
Macciatus, the Whisperer
Free Speech
Spectral Roc

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Overeager Cadet trades with Tinkerer
Brave Knight trades with Vir, returns to my hand, you draw, Quince to lvl 3
Jail - ($4)
New Overeager Cadet
Make a new Mirror - ($2)
Bigby - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Overeager Cadet (2/2A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/2), blocking $2
  • Quince lvl 3 (1/4)
  • Bigby lvl 1 (2/3)
  • Jail (3)

• Workers: 9
Thoughts

Present is always a scary tech 2 choice, and especially against Truth: Tricycloid basically counters the entire spec (which, I’ll admit, I didn’t fully consider when I chose it last turn). One thing I can do to slow it down is build a Jail. Another is tech Injunction in the hope of chaining it for a lockdown. So there’s one teched card and 3 gold for the turn locked in.
What else? Tinkerer becomes pretty scary with Tricycloid in the picture, so I’ll trade my Cadet for him; it’s favorable goldwise anyway.
I could also trade Brave Knight for Vir - giving holytispon a card and making Origin Story on Quince more appealing; or for Stewardess - bringing her back into the cycle for a fresh bounce/pop. Hmm, what about MTruth-ing Newsman into Knight and replaying him to block Origin Story? It’s a tad expensive - I won’t be able to set up Mirror Roc next turn without skipping a worker (which I definitely don’t want to do). Then again, if Quince is bounced I can’t get a Mirror Roc anyway. Though I could bring him back one turn later…
Here’s what I’m thinking: I’ll bluff setting up a Mirror play next turn, hoping to draw out Prynn and Origin Story instead of Tricycloid. If holytispon bites, I get a chance to tech up almost unopposed (with Injunction if I’m lucky), and a turn later I’m threatening maxband Quince+Gryphon on an empty board. If he leaves Quince alone and goes for an expensive Tricycloid Jailbreak, I go for some combination of: maxband Quince, Free Speech to block Geiger shenanigans, Roc, and Macciatus.

After the draw: I didn’t get Injunction, which would have been the perfect complement for a tech 3. I could try to dig for it with Lawful Search, which I might want to do anyway to see his options. Even if not, I have cheap alternatives for walling up in Macciatus and Brave Knight.

No worries.

"P2T5

TECH
Hyperion
Seer

STARTING HAND
Battle Suits
Origin Story
Temporal Research
Tricycloid
Vortoss Emblem

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Neo Plexus
Origin Story

NextHand

Time Spiral
Nullcraft
Fading Argonaut
Seer
Stewardess of The Undone

Discard

Tinkerer 2/2
Vortoss Emblem
Tricycloid
Temporal Research
Battle Suits
Hyperion
Seer

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Max Prynn, kinapping the Cadet - ($0)
Stewardess kills Newsman
Vortoss Emblem to pop the Mirror

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: L7 Prynn 3/5A, Fading @2, holding Overeager Cadet
  • Stewardess of the Undone 2/3

• Disc: 7
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

Argh… How I wish I had Now! in hand now instead of the stupid emblem! he didn’t really use his tech 2 though. Maybe he was unlucky. Origin Story doesn’t really help me either. What a bummer.
This… is not looking good. Already kicking into desparation mode because of a stupid jail.

"

P1T6

TECH
Liberty Gryphon
Community Service

STARTING HAND
Spectral Roc
Lawful Search
Macciatus, the Whisperer
Free Speech
Brave Knight

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate
Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth
Brave Knight

NextHand

Overeager Cadet
Spectral Aven
Arrest
Injunction
Liberty Gryphon

Discard

Reputable Newsman
Spectral Roc
Free Speech
Lawful Search
Liberty Gryphon
Community Service

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Scav gold - ($10)
Worker - ($9)
Tech 3 - ($4)
Macciatus, the Whisperer - ($2)
Make a Mirror - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Macciatus (3/3A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Mirror (1/2)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Bigby lvl 1 (2/3)
  • Quince lvl 3 (1/4)
  • Jail (3)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5

• Disc: 6
Thoughts

So maxband Prynn got played rather than Origin Story, but for my purposes Prynn is Prynn. The important thing is that there’s no tech 2 unit in play, which means (given Jail and no Geiger in play) that I can tech up safely: holytispon can’t afford a big swingy turn with Tricycloid/Hyperion + something to Jailbreak it + Geiger + TD/maxband to flicker.
I’m playing Macciatus and a Mirror just as cheap blockers along with Bigby. With Bigby in lookout, holytispon won’t be able to afford bouncing him + Jailbreaking a tech 2 unit, so Quince should stay safe too. And if Quince himself gets bounced, I can still afford bringing him back + maxband + Gryphon.

"P2T6

TECH
Sentry

STARTING HAND
Nullcraft
Time Spiral
Seer
Fading Argonaut
Stewardess of The Undone

WORKERS
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox
Forgotten Fighter
Neo Plexus
Origin Story

NextHand

Vortoss Emblem
Tricycloid
Seer

Tech 1 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Prynn fades to 1
Time spiral on Prynn, to 2 - ($9)
Seer to jail - ($8)
Nullcraft to jail, Seer arrives, Prynn to 3 - ($6)
Prynn kidnaps the Whisperer, goes to 1
Geiger - ($4)
Fargo to jail, Nullcraft arrives - ($2)
stewardess and Nullcraft kill Bigby, Geiger to L3
Prynn kill the mirror and goes to 2
Max max Geiger, flicker Seer and Prynn goes to 3 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, reshuffle, draw 3

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: L5 Max Geiger 3/4
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Seer 2/1
  • L7 Prynn 3/5 Fading @3, holding Overeager Cadet and Macciatus the Whisperer
  • Nullcraft 1/1 flying
  • Fargo, in jail

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 8
Thoughts

If he has gryphons is hand, it’s over. if he doesn’t - I have a chance.

"

Your Stewardess is missing from the board. She should be at 2/1 after swinging at Bigby. But since she can’t patrol anyway, it doesn’t affect my turn.

P1T7

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Spectral Aven
Liberty Gryphon
Injunction
Arrest
Overeager Cadet

WORKERS
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate
Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth
Brave Knight

NextHand

Spectral Aven
Reputable Newsman
Free Speech
Liberty Gryphon
Spectral Roc

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($10)
Scav gold - ($11)
Skip worker
Quince kills Seer, survives with 1 health after tower, you draw
Quince to maxband, he heals - ($9)
Make a Mirror - ($7)
Liberty Gryphon, copied by Mirror - ($4)
Onimaru - ($2)
Liberty Gryphon kills Prynn, Macciatus and Overeager Cadet return, Oni to lvl 3
Mirror Gryphon breaks your tech 2, your base takes 2 damage
Make another Mirror - ($0)
Overeager Cadet #2, copied by Mirror #2

Float ($0)

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Mirror copy of Overeager Cadet #2 (3/3A)
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Oni lvl 3 (3/3)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Overeager Cadet #1 (2/2)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Overeager Cadet #2 (2/2)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Macciatus (3/3)
  • Quince lvl 5 (1/5)
  • Jail (3), holding Fargo
  • Liberty Gryphon (6/5)
  • Mirror copy of Liberty Gryphon (6/5)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5

• Deck: 4
Thoughts

Cool play with the Seer, but Fading isn’t really the big danger to Prynn, is it? I’m definitely using one of my Gryphons to hit her and get my guys back.
I could use the other Gryphon to either kill Geiger or break tech 2. It could be nice to get more free levels on Oni, but Geiger isn’t much of a threat with no tech 2 units available. Plus, breaking tech 2 prevents Vir from coming in. Finally, I’m not about worried about losing my Gryphons to any spell shenanigans, with them being immune to popping twice over!

I had her damaged on my spreadsheet for some reason so I thought she died. The only way it could matter is that I could have fickered her to get rid of the mirror last turn. Sadly, it wouldn’t have helped me break any of your tech buildings because Prynn is an attack of 3.
I think I can’t recover here. I was hoping you might not have the gryphons in hand. Let me take a second look later but I think it’s GG

Yeah, I was pretty happy with how I timed the Gryphons. I also think Jail did some good work for me, am I right that it deterred you from playing your tech 2 units?
Anyway, I’m cool with either playing it out or starting game #2, your call.

Yeah, because I had only one tech 2 unit in hand that turn, so it would have gone nowhere. I think I probably teched wrong, and I wish I had teched Now! instead of the Emblem that turn. I hate complaining about draw but getting none of your teched cards on turn 3 always hurts.

Yeah, I got nothing in hand. Let’s go to G2. GG, well played. I thought it was a pretty close match, and I enjoyed it.

GG! I’ll set up a thread for game 2.

1 Like