MMM1: Game 1 - CodexNewb (Purple) vs Akiata (Green)

The other Archon? And a reshuffle? Haha! Yep, you’re right - let’s wrap this one up. Good game! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll create a new thread for game 2.

My thoughts on this one:
-purple seems to always want present tech 2.
-green’s job seems to be either to break present tech 2, OR, force hyperions/tricycloids to trade so geiger can’t get multiple value from them.

Present tech 2 is always good, but becareful of tech 2 balance. Basiliks cant be pinged to death/pryned and kill both hyperions/trics so no flicker value, and deal with battle suits. leaving hyperions around also turns on Mimcs (esp be careful with nullcrafts in this matchup…). Against green you just want to deny them a board, and Future also does a very good job. Xenostalkers get to their back line and murder wisps etc, and void stars basically only have one answer in ploymorph squirrel (and if they cant attack…) Futures weakness though is Moments peace spam. Once green has a board it can really start to dish out a lot of pain very quickly.

@Akiata, I wouldn’t recommend teching those nature reclaims that early. Yes battle suits provides a lot of value, but without a board, green cant operate. Either an early tempo rush (very hard against purple unless they dawdle in the first few turn) or rushing Balance/Growth tech 2 is pretty key (for either the explosive power of growth, or the value/toolbox of balance, Feral might also work, but I never really got the hang of it myself.)

3 Likes

While vulnerable due to their low health, Faerie Dragons are also great against Hyperions. The latter become really good when you can attack with them several times for the card draw, and being able to instantly kill a wounded one by placing a feather rune on it makes this harder.

3 Likes