IYL7 - Morningstar Sanctuary - Match Reports

:cry: I hope things get better for you soon.

4 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Nopethebard

:bbb: :pschip::psfist: :setsuki:
:rook: :psfist::pschip: :setsuki:
:rook: :pschip::psfist: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :setsuki:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 2 Nope the Bard
Southpaw Hare wins!

4 Likes

What can I say? Chase two Hares and they both get away. (Should have CPed Menelker last game).

3 Likes

True power of BONECRACKER!!

2 Likes

The secret to beating the healer: hit her really, REALLY hard.

2 Likes

Fun fact: I use Gloria to counterpick Menelker!

Also, Nope the BARD? I honestly up until this point thought it was Nope the Beard.

1 Like

Bard it is. I thought it sounded cool. I don’t have a beard, so putting “beard” in my username would be really odd.

mastrblastr 3 - 0 @flagrantangles
:zane: > :quince: This MU is complete butt for quince and i successfully duffed the first 2 spins which you can’t really come bback from
:zane: > :onimaru: I’ll have to thank @CKR for how much I’ve played this recently as :onimaru: to help me get a feel for what to do as :zane:
:zane: > :persephone: Block Block Block Power T4 raw anarchy night night.
GGs!

4 Likes

And there we have it! Our top 5 are:

1. @CarpeGuitarrem
  2. @migohunter
  3. @mastrblastr
  4. @SouthpawHare
  5. @GutterOwl

Congratulations, all of you. @SouthpawHare and @GutterOwl, you’ll get your playins invite shortly so that you can schedule your match.

6 Likes

sufficiently adequate girlz, yooooooo

5 Likes

One day I’ll get to the Yomi Bowl! Of course, that day will be when there are no Setsuki, Zane, or Troq players of note. :wink:

4 Likes

Holy crap, first time (and only time) I’ve made playoffs was in IYL4.

It’s time to go again.

5 Likes

Congrats! I’ll getcha next year!

1 Like

Congrats to all the play-off contenders! Special shoutouts to @CarpeGuitarrem for getting first place! Hell of a run!

6 Likes

PLAY-INS GAME 1
gutterowl 3-1 @SouthpawHare

degrey < gwen
open with pilebunker+AA against a throw first turn, and i still somehow managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

degrey > gwen
i don’t remember this game all that well.

degrey > zane
likewise. i just remember constant panic klaxons in my head. thankfully, unlike guilty gear, yomi sometimes rewards terrified button mashing, and degrey has some fuckin buttons to mash.

you play perse for a few years, you kinda forget: sometimes, numbers can be big.

degrey > rook
okay, i guess i officially sub degrey now??? the highlight of this match for me was 5-punching a K while rook was on 6 life…and had blue burst backup for the real magic pixel chance. which southpaw went for with checkmate buster. but, uh, i had another 5. woo.

ggs, southpaw. you dealt me my most terrifyingly brutal beating in round robin, and i went into this with a will written in advance.

7 Likes

Wooo!

Now it’s time for all of us to do the division proud!

3 Likes

and now like to make bowl, i just gotta knife-wrestle @mastrblastr blaster in the corrugated iron trailer behind the Chilis-To-Go off the interstate 10 overpass exit, right?

or do i just have to do some yomis to him?

4 Likes

Nah, you’re in. You’ve just got the luxury of playing @ClanNatioy in round one of the playoffs. No worries… :wink:

3 Likes

Last game of the season!

vengefulpickle vs @Leontes

:degrey::psfist::pschip::midori:
:degrey::pschip::psfist::zane:
:troq::psfist::pschip::zane: - K throw into the face of a known MA, but only because I was KD and completely out of blocks. Scooped up an incoming 9 throw, and then dodged the MA a couple turns down the line.
:troq::pschip::psfist::midori:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::midori:

I ride the carousel, and it works out for me.

4 Likes

i’m not sure where Yomibowl reports go?

anyway gutterowl 4-1 @ClanNatioy

oni > bbb
a gorilla sits wherever he wants to.

oni > bbb
ok this one clan almost had me washed. i was at teen life to bbbs like 60ish. thankfully, i’m a persephone main, and very used to navigating my way back from my last pixels.

oni > bbb
oni just has a lot of tools to get out of long range, and taking a couple qs and ks in the process doesn’t sting as much when you’ve got 90 health.

oni < oni
the most beautiful mirror match i have ever or will ever behold. the play was so symmetrical it almost rhymed. it was pure baboon ballet. bloodied each other down to a coinflip.

degrey > oni
and then oni punched a ghost a couple times and died. the end, no moral.

thank you for the games, @ClanNatioy.

8 Likes