Codex is shipping THREE MONTHS EARLY

I’m in the same boat :confused:

Well…friday afternoon is almost over and with it goes the hope of knowing just where my Deluxe set is.

Another week. Another disappointment.

1 Like

Nothing too here ^^. Yeah more time for Overwatch and Battlerite xD

Imho SN handled the situation very badly.
Instead of giving numbers like lotto, they could have just said: Sorry, we are in trouble, wait until further notice.

German backer here. I also received a DHL tracking link today. It was in the Spam folder, though.
Check your Spam folders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally got my shipping confirmation today! Package is being tracked. The hype is real.

1 Like

still waiting for my mail…also, they messed up with another kicstarter pledge of mine and mixed information from 2 adresses…whats wrong with that people?

2 Likes

My deluxe set was delivered on time today.

First, Tabletop Tycoon is not a subcontractor to Ship Naked. They ARE Ship Naked. Next, they are reading this thread actually. But unfortunately I have no new information to share. The last information I have is still that all EU shipments were supposedly shipped, with the note that Monday (two days from now) is the date that all backers should get shipping notifications by.

Also, the US warehouses are completely separate from shipping going on in EU. The US warehouses just finished the following set of things: moving / remodeling their warehouse facilities, shipping all North American Codex kickstarter orders, and shipping the backlog of pre-orders and orders for any of my games that happened during the remodeling period. So to my knowledge, the US warehouse is back in full swing of shipping within 1 - 3 days.

Their EU warehouse in Germany is separate though, and the last word we have from them is what I said above. I have asked if they have any new information, though it’s not Monday yet so for all I know their previous update is still correct. I will pass on any new information as soon as I get it. Sorry it’s taking so long for you EU backers.

2 Likes

Ok so here’s an interesting question:
Does all the printing happen in America? It seems like they could do some printing in Europe and get copies out faster to most of the world, since even ones going to Eastern countries go through Europe anyway.

All printing really must be done in one place because the economies of scale are such a big factor in manufacturing. For example, it costs way more to print X at one time and another X at another, rather than 2X all in the same place. A very large difference in price there. The whole struggle in board games is to even get enough for a minimum order for a print run. Also, it would be significant setup time to go through the entire process (which takes like months) of setting up a printing with two separate manufacturers, compared to doing that setup just once with one manufacturer.

Our manufacturing is in China, and in the past we’ve had to ship everything in one freight shipment to the US, then from there ship to EU. In order to do a freight shipment from China to EU directly, we have to estimate demand before the kickstarter even LAUNCHES and commit to that plan, even if the volume of orders ultimately makes no sense and loses money. This time, I did take that risk and we committed to doing that before the Kickstarter even launched—that’s how shipping prices in the EU were so cheap for a 14 pound item. So we did do this for Codex.

5 Likes

Ah, and that’s what caused the problems here maybe? Something with the shipping from China to Europe?
Also, the ones shipping from America went through Europe, and presumably the German distribution centre. Perhaps it would’ve been faster overall (for whatever reason) to send them all from America?

This is just thinking out loud here, I’m trying to understand how shipping on this scale works.

So, if we pre ordered through CoolStuffInc, is it safe to say they will probably have the game in stock this week?

No, that is not what caused problem. Quite the opposite, it’s what made the shipment get to Europe far faster and far cheaper than on any of my previous kickstarters. But it was a risk because it would have lost tons of money if not enough EU people pledged. I think that part worked out ok though.

Regarding delays, there were some delays from EU customs. Every single shipment I’ve ever done has been stopped and inspected by US customs (taking up to 2 weeks and they bill ME for those inspections) except this time. This is the only shipment not stopped by US customs, but it was stopped by EU customs. I am not at this time aware of any delays in shipping other than the customs issue.

To clear up confusion about the shipping scheme: no, US shipments didn’t go through EU. They went directly to US. The system of sending one big delivery to the US and one to the EU, which we did, is the best possible world. If we had to do it all over again, that is the maximum most efficient way already and it would be purely slower and more expensive had we sent it all to the US, as my previous kickstarters did. And no problems resulted from this, only benefits, so it was a risk on my part that paid off well. If there are any problems OTHER than German customs (which again I’m not aware of right now, but there could possibly be) then all of them would have to do with the particular EU warehouse, not the overall concept that we shipped EU freight directly to EU in the first place.

5 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I was referring to how my copy, from America, on its way to Australia, went through Germany and spent a few days there. I assumed that was through the warehouse there.

1 Like

I got my mail around 10am, so I guess things are happening ^^

10am Central European Time

Hooray! More Codex being delivered means more Codex being played!

1 Like

Got a mail at 2 pm, from Happyshops :smiley:

I got both ur shipping kabel generated and have been shipped email.
Only question is why the goods is reported as coming from “china”?!?
Was certain sirlin was american :open_mouth:

I’ve still got nothing at the end of the day.

I’ve emailed Ship Naked for any more info so will see what happens tomorrow.

1 Like