[CAWS21] Round5: P1 Moby_Dick [Demonology]/Peace/Finesse vs P2 zango [Balance]/Anarchy/Peace

There seems to have been a hiccup in the spreadsheet. In P1T4 he has a Meta in his next hand instead of the Starlet.
Moby is not one to overlook such an obvious line.

1 Like

@FrozenStorm , i would have done that, but never had the hand with starlet guide and fencer. I rememberer that in the middle of the game i pressed ones the draw 1 instead of the other button, but thought i had fixed it. The hand in t4 was the one i had, so no chance to kill midori.

1 Like

Lol, i thought at least i made no mistake in the sheet during the tourney, after failing in all three practice games with zango

1 Like

No sweat that stuff happens all the time, I was just looking back at the game, noticed the float 7 and thought that was strange, and then drilled in and got really confused. That makes way more sense.

I still think Oni + det sql + guide + fencer (skip worker) sets up a better game, you can kill sql with fencer and hit tech or face with cadet, make Midori kill the guide, follow up next turn with Vandy maxband + starlet, but it’s less obviously the right play. Needed a dark pact tech.

GG WP to both!

2 Likes

Yea, maybe better thought about that as well. But 6-7g for the just the sl kill and a bit damage seemed me too high.

It’s not just the immediate outcome though; it’s the board position. You have a lot more attack and opponent has less defense by pulling that move, and you know it’ll be hard to put the 7g to effective use on the next turn. The Midori had to be dealt with ASAP and a give up turn just wasn’t going to get there. You’re spending 5g and a card on the guide and you know it’ll get aced kinda for free, but you lay a lot of counter attack and probably keep the fencer which makes your starlet next turn much more effective. Your odds of killing Midori next turn go way up, and that may be enough to buy the space for meta, which is your primary win con

This isn’t to be personal or critical of you and I apologize for the unsolicited advice, should have asked first. I enjoy aiding new players in the forums and felt I had something to add here is all :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No, thanks for your advice! You can always give me directly me feedback.

Yes, maybe it would have been better, but i think i would have lost anyway, due to gunship. I thought with some luck i could cycle through the deck und have 2 rounds of attack with 2 fencer and 2 starlets, or meta.

I lost the game in t3/t4 and it frustrating that i had several unlucky situations there. Fencer in t3, no money for oni. No stw in t4. And zango draw the 1/3 and had ff in t4. The hand t5 did not allow an oni kill…

1 Like