WORKERS
Bloodburn
Scorch
Makeshift Rambaster
Careless Musketeer

NextHand

Bloodrage Ogre (3/2)
Bird’s Nest
Nautical Dog (1/1A, frenzy when attacking)
Mad Man
Blooming Ancient

Discard

Surprise Attack
Charge
Might of Leaf and Claw
Blooming Ancient
Might of Leaf and Claw
Surprise Attack

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + scav - ($9)
rebuild tech 2
Zane - ($7)
surprise! - ($2)
sharks take out technician (you draw) and Zane
GPT - ($0)
bird reduces your cadet count by one

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Gunpoint Taxman (3/3A, anti-air)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician: Zane (2/2, lvl3)
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• bird1 (1/1, flying)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 2
  • Disc: 6

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 8
Thoughts

Tbh I was so set in maxbanding Rook, that I was initially frustrated to have drawn sharks from technician. I’m just thankful that it took me forever to decide upon my tech choices, so that I finally saw this more obvious line.
So why sharks over Rook:
If maxbanding Rook, there is a reasonable chance that my next hand is starter set only. If he chooses to, he then has two turns to build up whatever he wants with a garrison on board and every tech 2 unit on board that the other 15 gold allow him to play. After that it’s not too unlikely that Rook is returned to my hand and his overwhelming forces simply kill me before I even had the chance to play a single tech 2 card. With sharks at least I reduce some of the pressure on board even though I increase his chances of actually drawing that garrison.

If I were him and had battlesuits in hand, I would have played them over nullcraft, so I have to expect him to have the suits, so Zane dies. But if he aims for the peace engine, it might even happen that he cannot profit from the free levels… Let’s see…

About my tech choices:
Here I was completely out of my depths.
The second pair of sharks seem to be a good choice here, but for my second card I was lost.
I looked at some recent tournament games with miracle growths.
What have I found as additional tech choices?
The singular second birds nest, the occasional chaos mirror, a ton of growth spells, some Rook spells, many giant pandas and the situational mantis. But what I found only rarely was a second MoLaC, even though an active MoLaC often decided the games (often the opponent concedes directly). So why not highen the chances of getting that one online??? Obviously a second MoLaC on the table seems like overkill and hence is a dead card in hand especially when you are fighting to get the first one online. But the threat alone of MoLaC is so high, I really think this should be worth it. On the other hand there will be a reason for the more experienced players to not go this route… o.O

Now let’s cross fingers for my second BA next turn, otherwise it’s going to be an almost do-nothing turn.

Post draw: phew, yes the chances were more than good with seven cards in deck & technician draw to be expected, but still…

Like that move, recognizing you like your engine to go online faster than mine. Think you might be right.

Game 7 Player 2 Turn 5

P1 Miracle Grow vs P2 PPA

Starting Hand

Stewardess of the Undone
Battle Suits
Calypso Vystari
Flagstone Garrison
Flagstone Garrison (techn)

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Drill Sergeant x2
Flagstone Garrison, Calypso Vystari
Stewardess of the Undone, Flagstone Garrison
Overeager Cadet x2

Main:

• Flagstone Garrison (6)
  • Stewardess of the Undone, pop bird, draw 1 (3)
  • Calypso Vystari, draw 1 (2)
  • Battle Suits (0)
  • Mox and Cadet kill GPT
Workers

Tinkerer, Forgotten Fighter, Time Spiral, Plasmodium

• :pspurpleshield: Patrol as below
  • Discard 3 rs Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20
  • Tech1 HP: 5
  • Tech2 HP: 5 PEACE

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Stewardess of the Undone (3/3a)
  • :psfist: Elite: Calypso Vystari (3+1/2)
  • :pspig: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:

In Play:

• Hardened Mox (2/1)
  • Nullcraft (1/1)
  • Battle Suits
  • Flagstone Garrison (4hp)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Workers: 9

End of Turn Hand

Drill Sergeant
Temporal Research
Drill Sergeant
Overeager Cadet
Flagstone Garrison

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Gonna be tricky here, let’s see if we can’t win the race to engine online.

Nope, unless I’m completely missing something fundamental the race is over before it begun, but at least I got myself some runes :wink:

Game 7 P1T6

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Giant Panda
Thunderclap

STARTING HAND
Blooming Ancient
Nautical Dog (1/1A, frenzy when attacking)
Mad Man
Bird’s Nest
Bloodrage Ogre (3/2)

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Scorch
Makeshift Rambaster
Careless Musketeer

NextHand

Charge
Pillage
Bombaster (2/2)
Gunpoint Taxman (3/3A, anti-air)
Thunderclap

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
BA - ($4)
Rook, 1 rune - ($2)
Bird’s Nest, two runes - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Zane (2/2A, lvl3)
  • :psfist: Elite: Rook (2+1/4)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Blooming Ancient (5/7)+++
  • :pschip: Technician:

In Play:

• bird 1
  • bird 2
  • Bird’s Nest

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 9

Gold:

Thoughts

I see two obvious lines:
A
BA+birds (and three runes)
B
BA+almost sacrificing maxband Zane+mad man killing the two patrollers

Line A allows for maybe killing garrison next turn, but has a blowout risk, as Calypso can sideline my largest patroller and Zane plus mox plus runed up nullcraft and stewardess are not too unlikely to kill my other two patrollers and tech 2 (total attack without runes 9: 2 mox+1 nullcraft+3 stewardess+3 Zane, when counting two hero kills before Zane, two more optional with Zane maxband), when 11 (Zane 2, Rook 4, tech two 5) is required for blowout. On the other hand Zane in SL requires mox+Zane or one of his two other units that can attack. Assuming he takes nullcraft means he has to level up Zane to maxband for killing Rook and then stewardess has to gain two additional runes for tech breakdown. For the Zane action he has to spend 5 gold, 3 for drill sergeant, so he has to draw 2 out of the possible 3 units that cost 1 gold or less that I am expecting his deck to hold. He has 8 cards in the deck, so probability = 100% that drill sergeant will get what he requires (or the other way around) in case he has teched the second Calypso.
The whole of line A comes down to the question: did he tech a second unit that costs only 1 gold and has he a copy of drill sergeant already in hand? If yes to one of the two, I’m done here.

Line B:
Seemed to be nice when toying around with the idea, but opens my tech building to be broken by a pumped up nullcraft, which will be easy for him to put 4 runes on, next turn.

So line A it is.
If he is not breaking tech 2, I have to expect two drill sergeants with a ton of runes and maybe a bird or two being bounced to my hand but most definitely my BA dying. The question is: do I try to salvage some counters or do i leave all three runes on BA? And what do I tech?

Going for a thunderclap in case I luck out paired with a panda with reverence to previous turn’s “literature study”

Post draw:
Well so much for hoping to luck out… If he manages a turn that is only so-so in his eyes, i can already fold here. But I’ll wait for his turn first…

I dunno, I got a single Garrison out first, chance there you were sitting on MoLaC and then things may start to look dicey for me to outpace it. That Ancient is also a little dicey, though I’m glad you kept all the runes in one place and plenty of free levels available XD

Game 7 Player 2 Turn 6

Starting Hand

Drill Sergeant
Temporal Research
Drill Sergeant
Overeager Cadet
Flagstone Garrison

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (9)
All Teched Cards

Seer, Stewardess of the Undone
Drill Sergeant x2
Flagstone Garrison, Calypso Vystari
Stewardess of the Undone, Flagstone Garrison
Overeager Cadet x2

Main:

• Prynn + lvl 3 (5)
  • Stewardess kills Zane, Prynn to level 5
  • Mox tickles Rook to 2hp
  • Drill Sergeant, draw 1, mox trashed (2)
  • Overeager Cadet, draw 1 DS+1
  • Overeager Cadet, draw 1 DS+1
  • Fading Argonaut, rs draw 1 DS+1 (0)
  • Give Nullcraft +1 rune, kills Rook, Prynn maxbands
  • Prynn banishes BA to the phantom zone, fade 2
  • Give two runes to Vystari, she breaks your tech2, your base to 16
Workers

Tinkerer, Forgotten Fighter, Time Spiral, Plasmodium

• Discard 5 Draw 1 rs Draw 4

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 5 PEACE

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Overeager Cadet (3/2a)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Overeager Cadet (3/2)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Fading Argonaut (3/3)

In Play:

• Hardened Mox (trashed)
  • Calypso Vystari (5/4, ++)
  • Stewardess of the Undone (3/1)
  • Prynn (3/5 lvl 7, fade 2, imprisoning Blooming Ancient)
  • Nullcraft (2/2, +)
  • Drill Sergeant (4/3)
  • Battle Suits
  • Flagstone Garrison (4hp)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 1

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Stewardess of the Undone
Neo Plexus
Temporal Research
Drill Sergeant
Flagstone Garrison

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Well well, we are able to break the tech building if we take some Prynn levels, which I think is a wise choice all told. Tech a Seer and Stewardess for next turn and work from there, hopefully should be short work XD

Yeah, forgot about Prynn maxband, but the game also was already over. GG well played! Do you mind pointing out what you would have done different in my place? Especially my turn 3, but also the others if anything comes to mind.
Afterwards I’d love to switch sides.

If I were to encounter the individual situations again I would change the following, maybe more:
T2: bombaster in elite, Rook backline
T3: Rook in elite (do I see a pattern?), but probably would still go for the kill (or what do you think?)
T4: probably would stay the same
T5: GPT in patrol zone (not SL) with three runes might have been the better choice, not sure though
T6: honestly didn’t find a better line, also moving runes doesn’t really help. You being able to break tech 2 is game and I didn’t see how I might be able to keep that from happening

I’ll go beat by beat there

Agree. Rook in Elite is also a valid option; it forces me to choose right there to maxband Oni or take no trades. Not what I want to spend money on, means I skip tech 1, it can work for me but has risks too. If I tech 2x The Art of War I’m committed to trying to grind you down while I slowly tech up, really have to hit the 5/4 split with one AOW in each of my T3/T4 hands. It’s basically forcing me to take a coin flip. I probably do it since the alternative is rough also, but good chance I come up tails.

I think I go for GPT + Birds, that’s tough for me to come at. GPT SQL, Rook Elite, birbs and dog backline or maybe a bird in Lookout. I’m going to be really wanting to tech up but I also can’t ignore the board you’re amassing, I want to keep you off t2 also, and I still have a liable Oni out and about. Forces me to think about maxbanding Oni again, and now I almost certainly won’t draw the Art of Wars properly if I try it.

We’re getting to divergence in the previous two turns where I’d like to see the board state a lot different here, but given the board state you were against, I like the play just fine. Don’t really see a better option. You could argue Arg in Elite is at least forcing a thought of trading a unit, debateable, risks battle suits really messing you up though.

Not sure what you mean by three runes? Your tech 2 was down. You were super lucky here to get sharks TBH (13%?), without them you are in way worse position. Dog or Brogre or Ancient especially would have been curtains as you’d be drawing into a pretty dead cycle.

With sharks, I like the call, though breaking my tech 2 was certainly also in play. Also would have been a decent play to skip the GPT and worker the MoLaC/GPT instead. Bait me to kill the Zane. It’s possible I get an extra two attack to break the tech2 again but with you killing zane, my only way to it is +2 runes, and it’s not a bad callout by you to think I went Garrisons > Sergeants.

Moving runes to the birds and patrolling them SQL and Lookout is better here. It threatens you hitting back much harder, even with the tech 2 down. Teching 2x Spirit of the Panda or one + one Dinosize means those two buffer birds can be REALLY threatening. You whiff the RS stuff happens late-game but it isn’t auto over if I break the tech 2 IMO. You’re starting to hurt from skipping workers here though.

2 Likes

Is that to say you want me on Miracle Grow P1? I will assume so and can back it out later if needed

Game 8 Player 1 Turn 1

Starting Hand

Bombaster
Makeshift Rambaster
Scorch
Mad Man
Bloodburn

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (4)
All Teched Cards

Main:

• Rook (2)
  • Mad Man, your base to 19 (1)
  • Worker (0)
Workers

Bloodburn

• Discard 3 Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Rook (2/4a lvl 1)

In Play:

• Mad Man (1/1)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Workers: 5

End of Turn Hand

Nautical Dog
Careless Musketeer
Pillage
Bloodrage Ogre
Charge

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

After playing the P2 PPA I think Miracle Grow just overall has the edge, so many places it’s hard for Oni to make a dent early on Rook. We shall see how it goes though!

Yeah, forget about my turn 5 rambling, this was nonsense, got mixed up. And yeah that surprise was against all odds!
About turn 6: well you had likely two stewardesses in your deck which you can cycle through each turn. I had the impression that even big or bigger birds don’t get me nowhere in the long run, as i will not be able to get a direct kill from them and whatever they break i have to expect you can live with that in this game state with that many attackers available. But yeah, I probably was overestimating your available gold.
Thanks a lot for the extended feedback!

And yes, that’s exactly what I meant with switching sides.

another question for after you've committed to your next turn

Nullcraft was my only unit in the first hand. How do you think about an early defenseless tech 1 (or floating two against red starter) in order to be able to play mox+Fargo next turn?

Game8 P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Forgotten Fighter
Tinkerer
Battle Suits
Nullcraft
Temporal Research

WORKERS
Forgotten Fighter

NextHand

Fading Argonaut
Hardened Mox
Neo Plexus
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

Discard

Tinkerer
Temporal Research
Battle Suits

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
nullcraft kills mad max - ($2)
Oni - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite: Oni (2+1/3, lvl1)

In Play:

• Nullcraft (1/1, flying)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 19

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Disc: 3

Gold:

• Workers: 6
Thoughts

Nullcraft as my only unit is a given (and it being the only unit really sucks). Playing a hero likely will be countered by Bogre or bombaster in elite, which means I’m not going to attack with my hero next turn. Him sacrificing bombaster for the hero kill means skipping tech 1, which I would be fine with, additionally it means opening up Rook for another nullcraft damage, so he will not go for that move. Let’s assume Bogre. Next turn I have to tech up, which leaves only three gold for hero defense, which then has to be Fargo, as mox gets my hero killed too cheaply.
Fargo + Oni against Rook+Bogre+T3 hand of five, does not sound that awesome…

Additional battle suits leaves only one unit to play next turn if I want to tech up, I don’t think that’s a reasonable plan for my turn 2, so this line is neglected.

An early build up of tech 1 runs the risk of him severely damaging the building, for example with a rambaster, so that it can be broken easily somewhen later. Whatever he brings next turn, I think mox+Fargo should be a decent counter against, but I’m really not keen on reducing my hand size this early without the need to and opening up tech 1 to be so easily prepared for destruction also sounds weird, so the Oni line it is.

After going for Oni I should worker away FF instead of TR, as there is a slight chance I might need that one if it comes to the point where I might take that Oni coin flip.

Two things that gets overlooked by newer opponents to Purple/Peace engine is:

1. No such thing as infinite money, cycling with Garrisons is finite (and Stewardess is expensive!)
  2. It’s very reliant on tech1 units (for PPA, Cadet/Seer/Vystari usually all get teched x2 eventually)

Combine that with Stewardess being the big threat to birds, you only need one bird to live w/ enough runes to chain break tech 1 to keep it a major PITA. It’s probably true that I have enough position in that game to outpace it, but it’s at least enough of a question that moving those runes on BA around is a good choice (as was shown, Prynn could make a single nasty disappear without much trouble :wink: )

Game 8 Player 1 Turn 2

Starting Hand

Nautical Dog
Careless Musketeer
Pillage
Bloodrage Ogre
Charge

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (5)
All Teched Cards

Bird’s Nest, Gunpoint Taxman

Main:

• Bloodrage Ogre (3)
  • Worker (2)
  • Tech1 (0)
Workers

Careless Musketeer, Bloodburn

• Discard 3 rs Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Bloodrage Ogre (3/2a)
  • :psfist: Elite: Rook (2+1/4 lvl 1)

In Play:

• nothin

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 4

Gold:

• Workers: 6

End of Turn Hand

Bird’s Nest
Bombaster
Charge
Pillage
Mad Man

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Bummer to lose Mad Man there but fine, having Brogre here is nice

Guilty as charged :wink: and thanks for these further explanations.

Game8 P2T2

TECH
Stewardess of the Undone
Overeager Cadet

STARTING HAND
Fading Argonaut
Hardened Mox
Neo Plexus
Plasmodium
Time Spiral

WORKERS
Forgotten Fighter
Time Spiral

NextHand

Neo Plexus
Temporal Research
Plasmodium
Overeager Cadet
Battle Suits

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Fargo - ($3)
tech 1 - ($1)
nullcraft pings Rook

Float ($1)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Fading Argonaut (2/3A, fade 3)
  • :psfist: Elite: Oni (2+1/3, lvl1)

In Play:

• Nullcraft (1/1, flying)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 1
  • Workers: 7
Thoughts

Nothing to think about

Float is less risky with Rook out and not Zane, but still a little risky. I have to have bombaster or musketeer + pillage in that second hand to really make you pay

Nullcraft + oni is a better start imo, killing mad man fattens my next cycle and that’s valuable, plus nullcraft is just a nuisance

1 Like

Game 8 Player 1 Turn 3

Starting Hand

Bird’s Nest
Bombaster
Charge
Pillage
Mad Man

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (6)
All Teched Cards

Blooming Ancient, Surprise Attack

Main:

• Bird’s Nest (4)
  • Bombaster (2)
  • Brogre and Rook kill Fargo
  • Worker (1)
Workers

Pillage, Careless Musketeer, Bloodburn

• Discard 2 Draw 4

Board Info:

Buildings:

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Big Bird (1/1a)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Tweetie Bird (1/1)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Bombaster (2/2)

In Play:

• Rook (2/1 lvl 1)
  • Bird’s Nest

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Disc: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 7

End of Turn Hand

Scorch
Gunpoint Taxman
Makeshift Rambaster
Nautical Dog

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Okay, think I’ll take the gamble no Stewardess. Stack the deck w/ engine stuff

May I ask why you didn’t use the bombaster to kill my SL so that Bogre can kill Oni with this extra gold of yours?

About Nullcraft patrol against a real maxband Zane threat: first time it’s on purpose :wink:

Game8 P2T3

TECH
Flagstone Garrison
Flagstone Garrison

STARTING HAND
Plasmodium
Battle Suits
Temporal Research
Neo Plexus
Overeager Cadet

WORKERS
Forgotten Fighter
Time Spiral
Plasmodium

NextHand

Tinkerer
Battle Suits
Stewardess of the Undone
Hardened Mox

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
cadet
Neo - ($5)
Tech II - ($1)
Oni kills Bombaster

Float ($1)
Discard 2, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Nullcraft (1/1, flying)
  • :ps_: Scavenger: Neo Plexus (2/2)
  • :pschip: Technician: Overeager Cadet (2/2)

In Play:

• Oni (2/1, lvl1)

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 4

Gold:

Thoughts

A forgotten fighter instead of this TR would have been awesome for killing Rook, so much for my worker choice last turn :smiley:
But well, a stewwardess really would have been the ideal draw, but complaining doesn’t get me nowhere.

Leaving bombaster on the table means patrolling with nullcraft for protecting others from birds is senseless and he can deal 8 damage at least to my patrollers next turn (not counting cards in hand or levelups of Zane). Killing bombaster and patrolling nullcraft in SL reduces that effectively by 4, but I probably should threaten the Rook kill, as otherwise he can just trade two birds against my nullcraft.

Killing bombaster also means starting his new cycle now instead of after him teching the next two cards.

With my 5 available gold (after worker, cadet and neo) I can go for the tech rush or do something like Oni leveling or building a tower. Battle suits don’t seem worth it, yet.

If I go for the tech rush, I’ll probably patrol nullcraft in SL and cadet+neo in technician/scavenger.

Against that he can trade Rook against one patroller. If he then has charge+any unit+rambaster, he can break a tech building of mine, but then Oni lives and I don’t mind losing either tech 1 or tech 2 for a turn.
Otherwise he could decide to go for maxband Zane, with midband Zane killing my second patroller and maxband killing nullcraft, leaving birds to kill Oni and ping a building, which leaves him with two flyers and a 4/4 Zane against an empty board with two tech buildings. Teching two garrisons may lead to a pseudo safe Garrison draw (assuming Technician dies it’s 70% chance of drawing one next turn), but even then it will be something like stewardess+mox+garrison against 4/4 Zane, 1 bird and a full hand with 8 workers, which is an okayish position but definitely not an optimal one. Not sure what to expect, but his other two cards will probably be 2 BA/MoLaC and no sharks yet.

If I’m leaving nullcraft out of the patrol zone, he can directly kill Oni and I am looking at a soon to be maxband Rook in SL so that he can safely go for MoLaC behind that one. I’d prefer my chances with the other scenario.

If I’m NOT attacking with Oni but instead patrol with one of my walkers in SL, he might simply kill the non-SL with his birds and tech up himself with GPT &bombaster to build a reasonable defense. Or he can Tech up with a bird trading with my nullcraft (optional), second bird & suicide Rook killing SL, bombaster trading with second patroler, level 4 Zane killing Oni and therewith maxbanding and still have enough gold to lay down a GPT. Then it would be GPT+4/4 Zane+bird against two tech buildings. So compared to the scenario above it’s the same with GPT+bird instead of two birds. BUT: In the scenario here I get the extra card from Technician while in the above scenario he can draw the same number of cards that I do (or get the same amount of gold that I do), fastening up his maybe not so awesome next cycle significantly, while his next cycle will be significantly better if I don’t kill the bombaster. In both cases he will be left with five cards in hand. If he goes the gold route with Zane, I will face off an additional GPT but will have two more gold for myself, which prrobably will result in an extra battle suits or Fargo, which feels okayish.

So nullcraft patrol and two garissons it is, the second cadet has to wait. If I had to guess I would put my money in maxband Zane with me gaining two gold and drawing one card from his attack.

Post draw: first unknown card draw is a whiff, now it’s only 50% to get that garisson with the Technician draw, let’s hope for the best!

Try thinking through that scenario a little more; where does paying for that leave me?

This looks a bit rough

Game 8 Player 1 Turn 4

Starting Hand

Scorch
Gunpoint Taxman
Makeshift Rambaster
Nautical Dog
Mad Man (rs techn)

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (7+1float)
All Teched Cards

Detonate, Might of Leaf and Claw

Main:

• Gunpoint Taxman (6)
  • Nautical Dog (5)
  • Worker (4)
  • Tech 2 Growth (0)
Workers

Scorch, Pillage, Careless Musketeer, Bloodburn

• Discard 2 Draw 4

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 5 Growth

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Gunpoint Taxman (3/3a)
  • :psfist: Elite: Rook (2+1/1 lvl 1)
  • :pspig: Scavenger: Tweetie Bird (1/1)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Big Bird (1/1)
  • :target: Lookout: Nautical Dog (1/1)

In Play:

• Bird’s Nest

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 1
  • Disc: 4

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Bloodrage Ogre
Bombaster
Surprise Attack
Blooming Ancient

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

This is gonna be rough lol, he’s way up on gold out of all this

Concerning bombaster: yeah I completely forgot about Zane being able to strike back so easily

I missed marking my tech 2 properly, sorry for that! I assume you saw it? If yes my next move is already included here:

Edit1: removed blur
Edit 2: had a copy pasta about an earlier line of play, corrected it

Game8 P2T4

TECH
Overeager Cadet
Drill Sergeant

STARTING HAND
Tinkerer
Hardened Mox
Stewardess of the Undone
Battle Suits

WORKERS
Forgotten Fighter
Time Spiral
Plasmodium
Hardened Mox

NextHand

Flagstone Garrison
Flagstone Garrison
Temporal Research
Fading Argonaut (2/3A, fade 3)
Battle Suits

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
nullcraft trades with scavenger, you get 1 gold
maxbands Zane shoves Rook to scavenger, we both get $1, lvl to Oni - ($2)
Zane kills SL
cadet kills dog
midband Oni & neo break tech 2 - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Oni (3/4A, lvl5)

In Play:

• Zane (4/1, lvl6)
  • Overeager Cadet (2/1)
  • Neo Plexus (2/2)

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Peace)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 5

Gold:

Thoughts

No attack, Rook sacrifice on my terms not his, huh that is surprising.

But the threat of MoLaC is real, so I have to eliminate as much attackers as possible, while building as much pressure as possible, that combined with me whiffing on that garrison leaves two lines:
A
midband Oni killing SL, cadet trading Rook, nullcraft trading a bird, neo killing dog and stewardess killing second bird. One gold left for maxband Oni for more pressure next round
B
(tbh I was almost committed to line A before eventually finding this one)
Nullcraft trading a bird
maxband Zane killing Rook and SL, cadet killing dog, neo & Oni breaking tech 2. Depending on which bird I kill I can either mess with his drawing cycle by letting him draw two or I can get both of us an extra gold so that I’m able to midband Oni before the attack so that I have a minimum defense still available. If I mess with his cycle I’m likely to be spared from sharks, but then I have no defense and a charge in hand is enough to break my tech 2 building.

Tech choice must be either cadet+Sargeant or 2x Sargeant in my eyes. I’ll go for the former in order to fasten up my cycle speed.

If he’s able to get a major comeback, maybe going for the art of war can be a thing for sneaking in the last 14 base damage. With the peace engine hopefully being completely online next turn I should be able to cycle fast enough to get it when I need it. But for that Oni has to survive, not a bet I want to take right now.

Indeed :wink: No sense in leaving an injured Rook with a couple extra levels around just to get kilt, rather save the 1g and get the technician for bomby

I did and assumed it was Peace, was that correct?

I’m not totally clear here: did you Maxband Zane & Shove Rook to scav, THEN kill SQL with Zane, and Cadet killed Dog?

1 Like

Yes to all questions. Removed blur above and corrected the copy pasta (I really like this metaphor or whatever you call something like that)

Internet typo/idiom/meme/anachronism? Idk either lol

Game 8 Player 1 Turn 5

Starting Hand

Bloodrage Ogre
Bombaster
Surprise Attack
Blooming Ancient

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (8+2scav)
All Teched Cards

Surprise Attack, Might of Leaf and Claw
Detonate, Might of Leaf and Claw

Main:

• Zane (8)
  • Surprise Attack, sharks arrive (3)
  • Sharks kill Oni, Zane to level 3
  • Bird kills your Zane, Zane to level 5
  • Zane hits your tech1 to 2hp
  • Bloodrage Ogre (1)
  • Worker (0)
Workers

Bombaster, Scorch, Pillage, Careless Musketeer, Bloodburn

• Discard 1 Draw 1 rs draw 2

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 5 Growth

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :exhaust: Technician: Bloodrage Ogre (3/2

In Play:

• Zane (3/3 lvl 5)
  • Big Bird (1/1)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 9

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Charge
Surprise Attack
Blooming Ancient

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

MoLaC I think is the way out, so we’ll go with that.