[Casual] FrozenStorm vs zango

Placeholder here, I’ll get us started later tonight, GL HF @zango !

1 Like

Okay, I did not come back to the office for my laptop (on a work trip) so just now getting a chance to start the game, my apologies on the delay! Typically we expect around 1 turn a day on forum games or communication ahead of time if there will be delays, I’m totally flexible though we can play as fast or slow as we like

GL HF @zango ! I don’t typically tag in each post so make sure to set the thread to “Watching” to receive notifications

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 1

P1 Red vs P2 [Finesse]/Discipline/Strength

Starting Hand

Mad Man
Bombaster
Makeshift Rambaster
Careless Musketeer
Charge

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (4)
  • Tech 2 cards in (except turn 1)
All Teched Cards

Main:

• Jaina (2)
  • Mad Man, your base to 19 (1)
  • Worker (0)
Workers

Careless Musketeer

• :pspurpleshield: Patrol as below
  • Discard 3 Draw 5

Board Info:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 20

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Jaina (2/3a lvl 1)
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :pspig: Scavenger:
  • :exhaust: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Mad Man (1/1)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5

End of Turn Hand

Scorch
Bloodburn
Bloodrage Ogre
Nautical Dog
Pillage

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Red red red damage damage damage ! No dog or brogre is a bummer but that’s cool

No worries about the slight delay, even though I really was itching to finally getting started after reading a lot in the PbF section. The expected pace feels like fitting perfectly into my schedule. Thanks a lot for taking your time with yet another beginner, hopefully I will be able to put up more resistance than my predecessors :wink:
And yes, the alarm notification was already set…
GL & HF!

So first question about the use of the excel directly occurs:
I made my first move, completed everything in the Google sheet and then realized I missed something and redid my turn. For that I changed the turn number, amount of available gold, state of the cards etc and then created the new output, but obviously this one now holds the wrong set of cards as my starting hand. How was I supposed to make such a change to a turn already taken? And especially how do I do that when card drawing and in a worst case scenario reshuffling is included? Do you have a link for me where I can find info about that? I now changed that manually, but doing that on a smartphone really is a pain… (And yes, unfortunately I will rely on doing most of my PbF mobile)

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
timely Messenger
bloom
turtle
thief
Flagbearer

WORKERS
Bloom

NextHand

Spark
Fruit Ninja
Tenderfoot
Wither

Discard

Timely Messenger
Granfalloon Flagbearer

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Helpful Turtle - ($2)
Brick Thief (base heals, 1dmg to yours) - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 4

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Brick Thief
  • :psfist: Elite: Helpful Turtle
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:

In Play:

Buildings:

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 2

Gold:

• Workers: 6
Thoughts

For the sake of an increased learning probability I will make use of these thoughts a lot :wink:
Thanks a lot for anyone reading my ramblings who is willing to point at flaws in my line of thinking!

Assuming a charged Bogre as a worst case scenario, I’m looking at 5 damage from units plus Jaina.
That means any single unit in SL + Rook let’s Rook die in case he has the charged Bogre. I assume Bogre being in Frozen’s second hand has a probability close to 1 and charge will never be workered, which would result in this scenario having a 4/7=57% probability… (or is it 50:50?) Either way - I do not want to risk that!
Playing two units leads to a worst case where my empty board is facing Jaina plus up to three units left alive after Frozen’s next turn.
Putting the turtle in elite plus brick thief in SL reduces that maximum of three units left alive to two, but will result in a decreased probability for having a good T1 turn and they will vanish to Jaina and scorch for a total of 3 gold. But as this probability looks more promising to me, this will be it!
Note to self: I definitely do not want to have 2 gold floating with pillage being around…

Concerning the worker: I’m hesitating about workering the Flagbearer against red, but I do like my bloom…?

That I do not have a good answer for… I mostly use the spreadsheet just to manage my hand/deck/discard. I do believe you can undo and use Sheets version control to back out changes and then re-do them, but that may not be the easiest / most accessible feature on mobile.

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 2

Starting Hand

Scorch
Bloodburn
Bloodrage Ogre
Nautical Dog
Pillage

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (5)
All Teched Cards

Gunpoint Taxman, Crash Bomber

Main:

• Bloodrage Ogre (3)
  • Nautical Dog (2)
  • Worker (1)
  • Tech 1 (0)
Workers

Scorch, Careless Musketeer

• Discard 2 Draw 4

Board Info:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 19
  • Tech1 HP: 5

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Bloodrage Ogre (3/2a)
  • :exhaust: Technician: Mad Man (1/1)
  • :target: Lookout: Jaina (2/3 lvl 1)

In Play:

• Nautical Dog (1/1)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 3
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Workers: 6

End of Turn Hand

Charge
Gunpoint Taxman
Scorch
Crash Bomber

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

I sense there’s a wither waiting for Jaina to take that juicy shot. As much as taking the kills makes sense to me, I think I can swing harder and get a better trade next turn, so we shall see. Perhaps this is a mistake and I should just take free kills

I’m already loving it! Second turn, only a tiny few lines of play available but sitting in the car, driving and thinking about the different options with time at hand and no pressure at all for speeding up the process of thinking things through really is nice!
Let’s see how far off I will be in the end with all my thinking but limited experience…

P2T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Nimble Fencer
Discord

STARTING HAND
Spark
Tenderfoot
Fruit Ninja
Wither

WORKERS
Bloom
Fruit Ninja

NextHand

Discord
Wither
Older Brother
Spark

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Tower - ($2)
T1 - ($1)
Tenderfoot - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Brick Thief
  • :psfist: Elite: Tenderfoot
  • :pschip: Technician: Helpful Turtle

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

Gold:

• Workers: 7
Thoughts

Man, am I happy that it’s Jaina and not Drakk!

So worst case for Frozen’s next hand probably is something like a charged GPT plus a lobber, which leaves enough money for Jaina suicide (if that was possible) into hasty Zane in the unlikely case of skipping a worker.
GPT to counter possible birds probably is a given, but as Frozen chose to play Jaina instead of Drakk, when the hero is absolutely safe for the next few turns and mass small creatures are more or less a given in red, I expect an early teched fire spell. Either way, I have to expect two of my patrollers to be killed from hand, that leaves possible 8 damage from the current board.
As I will not miss Teching or hiring a worker, this results in a hero again not being safe no matter what I do. So either I have to suicide a hero if that seems to be worth it or stay with units. Hero can make use of a spell to at least kill the dog, or I could two for one myself to kill the Bogre. Both options don’t seem to be worth it, so only units it is. Going down in card size to 3 cards for playing the fruit ninja is a no go for me, having gold floating with a possibly charged GPT lurking and a pillage readily available is also a nope, so tower+Tenderfoot it is.
Tower has a nice synergy with Discord. Also I have to expect my T1 to be broken, so it is imperative to not tech 2 T1 units. Typical turn “1” spell techs like birds or Martial Mastery are definitely not worth it in this situation, two step only helps if I have units that are actually living, so this also is a no. A single discord is the logical choice. For my T1 unit to be teched I choose a fencer, as I have to aim for a counter attack somewhen, a boulder is too passive in the current situation and a spartner by itself is another card that doesn’t do much.

Darn, no haste unit in the new hand. But at least the discord made it into my hand and the technician draw is imminent.

1 Like
forgot to mention thoughts

Did decide against Rambasa twins, as I really do want to try go on the offence somewhen soon, for that twins seem a bit too expensive for a hopefully explosive turn, but I am unsure whether this assessment goes in the right direction or not.

Indeed being able to ponder next moves is a cool part of async play!

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 3

Starting Hand

Charge
Gunpoint Taxman
Scorch
Crash Bomber

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (6)
All Teched Cards

Desperation, Crashbarrow

Main:

• Jaina kills Thief and sparkshots Tenderfoot, levels fizzle
  • Mad Man trades with Tenderfoot
  • Dog trades with Turtle, you draw 1
  • Bloodrage Ogre hits your base to 17
  • Gunpoint Taxman (4)
  • Crash Bomber (3)
  • Drakk (1)
  • Worker (0)
Workers

Scorch, Bloodburn, Careless Musketeer

• Discard 1 Draw 3

Board Info:

Buildings:

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Gunpoint Taxman (3/3a)
  • :target: Lookout: Drakk (1/3 lvl 1)

In Play:

• Bloodrage Ogre (3/1)
  • Crash Bomber (2/2)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 5

Gold:

• Workers: 7

End of Turn Hand

Pillage
Makeshift Rambaster
Bombaster

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Maybe I can just go straight for the throat? Kinda fun right? Blood stuff is the pick then

P2T3

TECH
Two Step
Rambasa Twins

STARTING HAND
Older Brother
Discord
Wither
Spark
Granfalloon Flagbearer

WORKERS
Bloom
Fruit Ninja
Spark

NextHand

Rambasa Twins
Timely Messenger
Nimble Fencer
Granfalloon Flagbearer

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Older Brother - ($4)
Rook - ($2)
wither Bogre - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 2

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Rook (2/4 lvl 1)
  • :pschip: Technician: Older Brother (2/2)

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 17

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 6

Gold:

• Workers: 8
Thoughts

How the hell was I able to overlook that my tower provides the sparkshout suicide possibility? In my thoughts Jaina was always left alive and vulnerable… Dough!

Frozen managed a two card + four gold investment to trade with three cards + four gold with a technician draw. So in theory nothing worrying, but in practice the board state really does not feel nice.

Technician draw did not give me the hoped for fencer, but to kill the GPT with that hand I would have had to skip a worker, so the haste would not exactly have changed a lot, when comparing fencer to brother.

How I do wish for having teched the boulder… :wink: The discord doesn’t do me a lot of good, especially no two for one options in sight. To kill the Bogre, a Wither is the better choice as it doesn’t reveal my tech choice and let’s me choose a hero freely to cast the spell.
An obvious line would be to play the older brother plus a sacrificial lamb Rook into wither-kill Bogre. Then I have to put Rook in SL plus brother providing another technician draw, as otherwise GPT+bomber would be enough to clear my patrol zone (with midband Drakk). Even with midband Drakk, Rook in SL requires a three card investment to clear the patrol zone, but then an additional hasty unit in hand would be enough combined with Drakk to finish my tech 1 building. I’m really not fancying this line of play.
Just playing older brother plus tech 2 as a building type sacrificial lamb will most likely result in bomber dying and GPT taking a single damage with my tower and tech 2 crumbling to pieces, if he has the rambaster in hand, then also my tech 1 building will be dead, so Rook instead of older brother it must be so that he at least has to make use of two cards to clear the patrol zone. Then chances are higher my tech 1 survives (two cards from hand with one hasty having a combined attack of 3 for a total of 3/4 gold is all it needs to finish tech 1 as well), but I will more or less force him into making use of war drums with a horrible board state for my side. That’s something I definitely do not want to see.
Had i workered differently last turn, it would have been interesting to maxband river for playing three units for free. With just two units in hand that move does not seem good, but well… I expect him to require the invest of three cards/units to clear my patrol zone. Drakk maxband now will be able to bring another haster (that’s not the case in the wither-scenario!) which results in tech 1 being destroyed as a given.
All in all it smells like sacrificing Rook is the play to go for.

As for my tech choices: two hasty units are my next two draws, so a two step would be awesome for having a chance to make a move by myself. I expect him to tech up next turn and with the delayed shuffle he has three, maybe four tech 2 cards in the next cycle at his disposal. My next cycle holds 8 cards, 5 of which will be in my next hand. Depending on Frozen’s next move, nimble+messenger+river+2step is my target, not tech 2, so my next cycle doesn’t need a tech 2 card. As this next move is far away from securing river I don’t want to overcommit to her spells. Teching Rook/Grave spells seems odd as well, in the current situation. That leaves spartner, twins, second fencer, starlet or boulder as my options. As I have already rambled A LOT and my thoughts on this are probably inconclusive at best, I will shorten this part to a “it was close, I changed my mind like a zillion times…”.

No two step but twins… :frowning: do I now have to hope for the technician draw to not be two step?
Let’s see whether Frozen can kill my T1, for example with mad man+rambaster in a hand of 3…

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 4

Starting Hand

Pillage
Makeshift Rambaster
Bombaster

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (7)
All Teched Cards

Lobber, Crashbarrow
Desperation, Crashbarrow

Main:

• Bombaster (5)
  • Worker (4)
  • Tech 2 Blood (0)
Workers

Pillage, Scorch, Bloodburn, Careless Musketeer

• Discard 1 Draw 3

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech 2 Blood (0)

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Gunpoint Taxman (3/3a)
  • :target: Lookout: Drakk (1/3 lvl 1)

In Play:

• Bombaster (2/2)
  • Crash Bomber (2/2)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 6

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Nautical Dog
Lobber
Charge

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Okay Rook, I don’t have 5 damage to bring easy, we’ll get you next round

Edit: only changes were made in thoughts

P2T4

TECH
Leaping Lizard
Grounded Guide

STARTING HAND
Timely Messenger
Nimble Fencer
Rambasa Twins
Granfalloon Flagbearer

WORKERS
Bloom
Fruit Ninja
Spark
Granfalloon Flagbearer

NextHand

Tenderfoot
Helpful Turtle
Two Step

Discard

Timely Messenger
Older Brother (2/2)
Rambasa Twins
Leaping Lizard
Grounded Guide

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
brother suicides into GPT
Rook kills GPT
nimble fencer hits Drakk for two - ($5)
timely messenger trades with Drakk - ($4)
T2 finesse - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 1, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :pschip: Technician:

In Play:

• Nimble Fencer (2/2)
  • Rook (2/1 lvl 3)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 17
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Finesse)

Economy Info:
Cards:

Gold:

• Workers: 9
Thoughts

Wow, that is surprising. Offering a hero on a silver platter obviously is a good mind game move :wink:
But well, not taking the hero kill is understandable as I will not be able to neglect it this next round.
And how exactly did I expect my cycle to hold only 8 cards??? Dough! Also if I want to have a reasonable amount of tech 2 cards in my final deck, I now have to bloat my deck on purpose which feels all wrong.

Is this going to be a tech 3 race at some point? I was more afraid of anarchy then blood, but I’m sure Frozen will show me why he chose this spec in I way I’m not keen on to participate… Hard to guess what tech 2 is going to bring with it. Worst case probably is a hasted octopus, but also a hasted Recruiter can get me into serious trouble, if catched unaware. The latter resulting in all my patrollers better having 3 attack… Nothing I can do about the other tech 2 options.

What are my lines?
A) twins + tech 2 + skipping worker
B) T2 + attack (including my two hasters on my hand)
C) attack (including hasters) + midband Rook
D) attack (including hasters) + twins for defence
E) attack without hasters + T2/twins/whatever
F) any other option without attacking

I really have no idea how bad skipping a worker in this situation is. I have seen you guys doing it on a regular basis but typically only to provide a turn around in the board state or something other drastically, which line A) does not seem to fall into this category. I don’t see line A) leading to a situation where the drawback from skipping a worker is rewarded enough in terms of stat board state. Looks solid in terms of defense, but I really want to go offence!!
Variant E feels like a bad trade without an actual gain, so I’m neglecting it.
Variant F also feels like a deer watching the spotlight and I don’t want to be in that place!
Concerning B&C&D: I am able to kill Drakk. That means possibly a haster less next turn (in case he kills Rook) and at least 4 frenzy damage less from midband, which is something. I have to invest 2 cards and 7 gold (counting all cards involved) to get rid of 4 gold’s worth of a single card and a hero. The count to seven is unfair as my fencer and Rook will survive for now. Variant D completely clears my hand, which (even with a technician draw) results in a bad next turn. B) will result in Rook dying and probably a tech building as well, but with tower in the backline and hopefully a discord coming along, that does not sound like a bad trade. C) likely still gets Rook killed but the actual threat is that he is free to break tech 1 which will result in two more turns before I am able to bring in a tech 2 card. Do this option is out.
I prefer B over D as it has a very high probability of allowing me to bring in river for the hopefully available discord, which will effectively be a two for one card, and even with a good hand of three for Frozen, I see my buildings being rebuild easily.
D has a higher chance of a better next turn coming up than B but if he has a charged fattie in his hand, I’m dead. So B it will be, hoping that he has a bad draw and decides to kill Rook and tech 2 instead of killing both T1, T2 AND Rook.

The drawback of going down in hand size so drastically and to possibly have a dead hand next turn is a big downer, but well…

Spec choice:
I don’t have a clue what the best spec would be in this matchup. As I initially wanted to test finesse I’m just going to stick to this plan, especially as this spec seems to have okayish answers to everything.

With the exact same spirit I’m going to get a lizard and a guide in order to have a bit of everything…

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 5

Starting Hand

Nautical Dog
Lobber
Charge

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (8)
All Teched Cards

Desperation, Shoddy Glider
Lobber, Crashbarrow
Desperation, Crashbarrow

Main:

• Zane, he and Crash Bomber break your tower, your base to 14 (was 16 from drakk death) (6)
  • Lobber, kills Rook, Zane to level 3 (5)
  • Nautical Dog (4)
  • Charge Dog, it and Bombaster break your tech 2, your base to 12 (2)
  • Jaina (0)
Workers

• Discard 0 Draw 2

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 5 Blood

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Jaina (2/3 lvl 1)

In Play:

• Bombaster (2/2)
  • Crash Bomber (2/1)
  • Zane (2/1 lvl 3)
  • Nautical Dog (1/1)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Hand: 2
  • Deck: 4

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Desperation
Mad Man

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Bummer Drakk dies but oh well, this is really great position

So now let’s see what Tech 2 units are going to break my neck this or next turn!
Either way I’m already supper happy. Playing in this asynchronous fashion with having the transparency about your current deck/discard pile really is helping me a lot to think about better Tech choices and will enhance my play over time. Additionally it is fun to think about this game while doing other stuff, so it is a given for me that I will continue playing this awesome game in this forum!
(and a big sorry for missing the Drakk death trigger)

P2T5

TECH
Nimble Fencer
Maestro

STARTING HAND
Two Step
Helpful Turtle
Tenderfoot

WORKERS
Bloom
Fruit Ninja
Spark
Granfalloon Flagbearer

NextHand

Discord
Wither

Discard

Timely Messenger
Older Brother (2/2)
Rambasa Twins
Leaping Lizard
Grounded Guide
Two Step
Nimble Fencer
Maestro

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Rebuild Tech 2
Tenderfoot - ($8)
Rebuild Tower - ($5)
River - ($3)
Two Step (Tenderfoot+Fencer dancing) - ($1)
Fencer kills Jaina, River to midband
Tenderfoot kills Zane, River to maxband
Helpful turtle - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 0, draw 2

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Helpful Turtle (1/2A, healing1)
  • :pschip: Technician: River (3/4 level 5)

In Play:

• Nimble Fencer (4/2 dancing)
  • Tenderfoot (3/2, dancing)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 11

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 1
  • Disc: 8

Gold:

• Gold: 1
Thoughts

first move of Frozen that I would call something close to what I was hoping for :smiley:
Most interesting for me is the fact that he didn’t do a worker, so obviously tech 3 is not what he is aiming for.

So what about my lines? I think Tenderfoot plus Two Step is a given. But do I attack with both hasters? Putting both in patrol doesn’t make sense, as the first dying results in Two Step being sacrificed. Hence, Fencer should kill Jaina. Next turn a midband Drakk is the least I have to expect. Do I have to care for sharks and kill Zane? Killing Crashbomber now gives me a reduction of 4 damage among my patrollers/buildings, but offering up River results in both my units instantly dying. To not attack would result in Tenderfoot being available for SL + River in Technician. Killing Zane lets me play my turtle for free, which is a nice bonus given the not too nice situation. But expecting Frozen to have three (not four due to Lobber) Tech 2 units available in his current cycle lets me hesitate to go down to zero hand cards. Also I do not know what would be the better move: patrol with turtle alone or put river in a patrol slot so that Frozen has to kill her. Obviously I would prefer him to break T2 as this would give me another attack with Fencer and/or Tenderfoot, but it may neglect me playing a maxed out Rook, which would be a nice staller in SL position (only works with my tower in mind if he does not steal my floating gold, he has at least one GPT in hand (2) or deck (4) and Drakk easily gives him haste, also the possible Pillage with a Bombaster in play neglects my line of patrolling something as a Scavenger). If I do not patrol with River he will expect that I do not want her to be killed so he most definitely will kill her (let the mind games begin). If I do patrol with her, there is a slight chance that he again will not attack in order to stabilize his board. That would be a nice bonus, but it will further weaken my next hand, as I then will have only two cards. He has to kill the turtle though, as the healing ability actually is relevant right now and killing river results in fencer + tender dying so he most definitely will do that.
Workering turtle or discarding it for an additional draw while patrolling with Tenderfoot and River results in Zane shaking off the damage with a level up and even more damage to my stuff while stabilizing his hand, so I will go for the turtle for free route.
I’m also uncertain about what addon to build. Tower seems good with two of his units having only 1 toughness left (does this game call it toughness?). A heros hall or floating the gold also wouldn’t be the worst thing to do, but tower feels to be my best choice.

As for the tech choices: Obviously I’m not experienced, so I do not have a feeling for how relevant the different options are. Teching the second Fencer seems good, as the haste really is something. It being Tech1 is a nice bonus as my Tech2 is far from safe. Second Tech is a hard choice between Starlet and Maestro. Starlet actually has the feel of being better in my current situation but having only two Tech2 cards in a deck of 14 cards feels so weird, I’m going fo the Maestro.

3 Likes

I think he still costs 1, usual cost is 2 yeah?

1 Like

Fixed. By now having read all the cards dozens of times you should think I should know about the abilities, but forgetting Jaina’s sparkshot and now having a wrong maxband for River in mind really shames me. Yes, I’m new to the game, but it seriously feels like I’ve had memorized every card… Have to be more careful, sorry!

2 Likes

Absolutely no problem man! I would be shocked if someone’s first few forum games didn’t have some gaffs, shoot some of us who’ve played hundreds of games still do it on the regular :wink: Your base is on 12 btw not 11, I accounted for the Drakk damage on my turn

Really glad you’re enjoying it!

Game 1 Player 1 Turn 6

Starting Hand

Desperation
Mad Man

Events of Turn:

Upkeep:

• Get Gold (8)
All Teched Cards

Ember Sparks x2
Desperation, Shoddy Glider
Lobber, Crashbarrow
Desperation, Crashbarrow

Main:

• Drakk (6)
  • Mad Man (5)
  • Desperation, trashed, draw 3
  • Crash Bomber pings turtle for 2, dies and blows him up
  • Crashbarrow, kills River and overpowers your tower to 12, you draw 1 (2)
  • Bombaster, breaks your tower, your base to 10
  • Makeshift Rambaster, it and Dog break your tech 2, your base to 8 (0)
  • Mad Man hits your base to 7
  • Force discard last card in my hand for desperation
Workers

• Discard 0 Draw 1 rs Draw 1

Board Info:

Buildings:

• Tech2 HP: 5 Blood

In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Drakk (1/3a lvl 3)

In Play:

• Bombaster (2/1)
  • Mad Man (1/1)
  • Nautical Dog (1/1)
  • Makeshift Rambaster (1/2)

Economy Info:

Cards:

• Deck: 9

Gold:

End of Turn Hand

Crashbarrow
Charge

End of Turn Discard
My Thoughts

Desperate!

Nice, split the Crashbarrow to the bottom, I could put the base on 3hp but better to kill the tower and tech2 I think. Next turn Barrow + Drakk mid should be able to crash stuff down

P2T6

TECH
Star-Crossed Starlet
Discord

STARTING HAND
Wither
Discord

WORKERS
Bloom
Fruit Ninja
Spark
Granfalloon Flagbearer

NextHand

Maestro
Discord
Helpful Turtle (1/2A, healing1)

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Tower - ($6)
Rook - ($4)
Brick Thief (base heals, 1 damage to your tech 2) - ($2)
wither bombaster - ($0)
rebuild T2

Float ($0)
Discard 1, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: brick thief (2/1 R1)
  • :pschip: Technician: Rook (2/4 lvl1)

In Play:

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 8
  • :heart: tower: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Deck: 12

Gold:

thoughts

Edit: had a mix-up with forgetting my tech 2 was down, so part of the thoughts don’t make sense.

So it’s been Crashbarrow, desperation and a single unknown card, to be teched in this cycle. It’s 50:50 this unknown or the GPT is in his hand of two, with Drakk Max giving haste. Oh how I wish that discord not Tipp be a dead card or that I shifted the turtle/river to scavenger after my blunder yesterday, then I could go for a maxed Rook.
I expect him to have teched a few fire spells by now, so this base race definitely is over before it begun, but as stated before: that game and this way to play it is fun!
But it also means I don’t have to deep dive for the further choices.
Brick thief and wither are both just cards that do one for one, brick thief even will be killed by a 1-gold-unit. I’d prefer to not play them in order to heighten my chances of getting cards that provide more value. But as he already has lethal on board and additional value in hand, I’m not going to take chances.
As dog with Drakk’s midband ability alone can trade with Grave, I’m going to put him in SL. This results in both my heros requiring a GPT or two units to be killed.
I’m hesitating to play the thief, as it so easily dies to Zanes maxband. On the other hand this would lead to Frozen not having enough gold to also put a new card into play that is hasted by Drakk maxband.
On the other hand Zanes maxband allows him to trade Grave 1:1 with the dog or it allows him to neglect me the technician draw, so I think it’s better to go for the thief.
I’ll do the damage on his tech 2 building as base damage doesn’t matter at all right now.

Concerning the tech choice: I do want to have the Discord, as his only tech 2 unit so far is something that will not survive the end of his turn, do discord hits all his units (so far, obviously that doesn’t count his last 4 teched cards). But as this game will be over soon either way, it probably doesn’t matter that much what I’m Teching right now… I’ll just throw in a starlet, as I wanted it last turn.

I’ll skip the worker, as I prefer to refill my hand at least a bit more next turn.

Unfortunately with your tech 2 broken, you are only allowed one hero

Fixed, now finish me :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, crashbarrow in hand means I can pretty handily finish off the base. GG WP! O would be happy to run it back and deal p1/2 if you like, or switch decks, or call it for this thread, no strong preference personally!

GG and thanks!
Yeah, I’d love to rematch, I’ll start a new game here somewhen later.

In the meantime: I know, I rambled A LOT in the thoughts section. But if you could be so kind to read it once and tell me of any obvious blunders in my thoughts, I’d really appreciate that!!

1 Like