Summon Skeletons
Jandra, the Negator

NextHand

Deteriorate
Pestering Haunt
Boot Camp

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($14)
General’s Hammer deals 3 to base: 8 - ($11)
Boot Camp SQL Cadet, draw 1 - ($10)
Javelineer throws to deal 1 to Oni
Vandy - ($8)
Sacrifice the Weak kills Javelineer and Scav Cadet
Cadet trades with Oni, Vandy to L3
Max Vandy dooms Cadets - ($6)
Mid Oni - ($2)
Cadet and Oni break base, GG!

Float ($2)
Discard 1, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 1

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• L5 Onimaru (3/4)
  • L5 Vandy (4/5)
  • Overeager Cadet (4/4), +2/2

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Heroes’ Hall HP: 4

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 10
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 2
  • Workers: 9

Excellent play! And thanks for showing me a different perspective for the start.

Weak play from me. The terrasq experiment just did not fit. I had a very strong Vandy after turn 2 and she did not kill a single unit in the entire game… No suprise that I lose. I understood your strategy too late.

I still think black is a weak p2 color, since you just have two options with Jandra and Jav to buy 1 defense for 1g and Jandra is often no option. Garth can level it out a bit with skeletons. White is similar weak, but the other colors have more options. But definetly is offering Vandy in T2 for tech 1 a better option than losing her in T3.

2 Likes

I’m not a black player so can’t really speak for black but I think black is strong in both P1 and P2. I believe it is one of the reasons you see black starter dominance in the tourneys. If black P2 is weak then it’s just not weak enough. Other colors are more weighed to one side than black in my opinion. I don’t know which colors you are most comfortable with but for example blue is strong as P1 but weak as P2. Purple is weak as P1 but strong as P2. Is black weak as P2 compared to the other colors’ weakness? I’d answer no to this question.

You are heading the right direction though. If you want to bolster your P2 options, neutral starter is not a bad choice.

Overall your moves are very solid and I can tell you put a lot of thoughts in your turns. I think you are going to compete at the highest levels quickly if not this tourney. Wish you luck on your next round. charnel is always a tough opponent. He is very good at P2 with any deck and exceptionally good in longer games.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes I am looking forward to the game with mouse, but he has a very hard start.

You made some good points and maybe I was not specific enough. Blue is defenitely worse as P2 than black and maybe some other colors as well. And I don’t see the issue with Garth. Often Black starter Vandy has Garth as backup in a tourney like nightmare. You start as P2 with Garth, or if Vandy dies you play Garth and don’t have the penalty on STW and det.

So it is just Vandy black starter against strong heroes without Garth as a backup. There are still many decks that are worse as P2. But is the weakness small enough to compete against the very strong decks in a tourney???