Casual: ARMed_PIrate ([Truth]/Anarchy/Demonology) vs. Jadiel ([Discipline]/Future/Truth)

Greetings, @Jadiel. Here’s hoping I don’t distract you too much from CAWS. (:

Guide lacks hard facts!

P1T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Porkhand Magistrate
Reputable Newsman
Manufactured Truth

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate

NextHand

Arrest
Jail
Traffic Director
Lawful Search
Spectral Aven

Discard

Manufactured Truth
Reputable Newsman
Bluecoat Musketeer

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($4)
Worker - ($3)
Recruit Building Inspector - ($2)
Summon Vandy Anadrose - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 5

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Building Inspector (1/1, your first building costs 1 more to build)
  • Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 1 (2/3, Sparkshot)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 0
  • Disc: 3
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 5

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]
So, it’s weird I haven’t at least theory-crafted this deck before now. The deck I’ve played the most is the Terras Q+DeGrey. The second deck I tried out was Quince and Zane double-mirror shenanigans. Combining the two seems obvious in retrospect. You don’t need to kill warlocks if Terras Q is just there to make your Traffic Director 15-atk with Chaos Mirror.

The last time I tried out Mirror Mirror, I just started with Quince and cheapies, pulled out Zane and CM when Quince died, and swapped the mirror token’s 0 attack with whatever was biggest. I want to do that now, but the fact that I have access to Vandy means Vandy and 1-drop should be used. She’s too strong not to. Making that 1-drop a Building Inspector to discourage any T1 buildings from Jadiel seems ideal. I thought about just doing Newsman and Inspector, but his spells aren’t scary first turn and I’ve learned I can’t cede the hero advantage as first player.

Unlike my last try at Mirror Mirror, since the goal is to swap TQ’s attack and make it hit, I won’t be workering Aven. Anything with any kind of evasion or pass-through is good. So I’ll probably be teching Demon for Tech I and II, starting with Baron and Gargoyle, then bringing in the Chaos Mirrors. A Heroes’ Hall will almost certainly help. If I build it next turn, he’ll think I’m heading for Metamorphosis (and I suppose I still might), but it’s really just to get Zane out the turn after I get Quince and Traffic Director out, once I think TQ is coming soon. Baron should be a good blocker to help me get to Tech II, though I’ll have to find some way to kill him off to summon TQ. I can play Baron after TQ to get another CM target, though.

Other things to consider next turn: Aven, and skipping Tech I to build a Jail.
[/spoiler]

[/details]

1 Like

P2T1

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Safe Attacking
Snapback
Sensei’s Advice
Grappling Hook
Smoker

WORKERS
Safe Attacking

NextHand

Fox Primus
Savior Monk
Morningstar Flagbearer
Fox Viper
Aged Sensei

Discard

Grappling Hook
Sensei’s Advice
Snapback

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Grave - ($2)
Smoker - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: L1 Grave (2/3+A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Smoker (1/1)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:

• Disc: 3
  • Gold: 1
  • Workers: 6

So that’s freakin’ interesting. I had thrown Vandy out as a placeholder and a threat, more than anything, but a threat is no good if you’re not willing to follow through. And Grave is a threat as well, and I have a personal aversion to swords flying at my heroes’ (or demons’) heads, so he’s not the kind of dude you can allow to hang around. Plus, he’s given me the opportunity to max Vandy without the downside; without the benefit, too, but without boosting any of his stuff. And I’ll have her for at least another turn, because there’s no way he’s playing a 4-cost spell on turn 2 (and if he does, the econ swing is huge in my favor). So my big decision is whether to play Tech I, HH, or Aven with my remaining 2 gold.

None of his starting spells can hit Aven, so it’s not a bad play. But Tech I opens up the possibility of Gargoyle or TB. HH opens up the possibility of getting Quince and his mirrors out soon, and maybe keeps me from worrying about it later.
But I have decent odds of being able to play a unit and HH next turn, but not if it’s TB. So maybe I’ll tech 2x Gargoyle or Gargoyle+CM for now. I have a tendency to be too willing to skip important econ like Tech I for board advantage, so if I don’t play Tech I now, I might end up in trouble. Metamorphosis is a maybe, but it won’t be worthwhile for at least 2 turns, so I’m not going to sweat it. If it becomes really essential at some point, I’ll fetch it, but with Snapback around, I’m not crazy about a Metamorphosis strat long-term. I’d rather just force him to play around it and never have to play it myself.

I’m hoping I’ll see that Traffic Director again next turn or the turn after.

I’m workering Arrest because I’m not a huge fan of starter spells in multicolor that cost more than 1 and don’t make things die. Jail is potentially too useful (so much so that I almost want to go down on cards and play it and Traffic Director instead of what I am doing).

Also I’m really excited about Gargoyle. If I can get the CM swap from TQ onto it, its base atk is 0. When it activates, it’ll be 18/2, which might be enough for the kill if I can break a building by then.

…Looking at my new hand I have no idea what I’ll do next turn. Too many good options. Probably Gargoyle, HH, worker, but Newsman and Aven are both playable. I really wish Manufactured Truth and Chaos Mirror were in my next hand, not this one. It would be really cool to turn Gargoyle into an Aven for my turn, so that it could swing, then went back to being 0/2 indestructible on the opponent’s turn.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T2

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH

Gargoyle
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Traffic Director
Lawful Search
Jail
Arrest
Spectral Aven

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest

NextHand

Reputable Newsman
Gargoyle
Spectral Aven
Chaos Mirror
Manufactured Truth

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($5)
Worker - ($4)
Level Vandy to midband - ($2)
Vandy knocks off Grave’s armor and deals him 2, taking 2
Building Inspector trades with Grave; Vandy to maxband, healing; no legal target for doom on my side; on your side, your Smoker becomes targeted for doom and returns to your hand; no scavenger bonus
Build Tech I - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 4, reshuffle, draw 5

• Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5

• Deck: 5
  • Disc: 0
  • Workers: 6

TFW your turn 1 misplay leaves you way behind… :slight_smile:

"P2T2

TECH
Rambasa Twin
Sparring Partner

STARTING HAND
Aged Sensei
Fox Viper
Fox Primus
Savior Monk
Morningstar Flagbearer

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus

NextHand

Savior Monk
Sparring Partner
Grappling Hook
Fox Viper
Snapback

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($7)
Worker - ($6)
Vir - ($4)
Aged Sensei - ($3)
Tech I - ($1)
Smoker - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, reshuffle, draw 5

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: L1 Vir (2/3)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Smoker (1/1)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)

• Deck: 3
  • Workers: 7

So. He clearly wants me to kill Vir and Smoker. And I hate doing it. Giving Tech and Scav bonuses feels like a trap. But if I just patrol Vandy, he could Snap her back for 5, take out Zane with an Aged Smoker (which sounds like a cheese), and have a Lv. 3 Vir with 2 left for a worker and a unit. That might just annoy him, as he’s probably teching for Grave, not Vir. But if I take out his patrollers, then he remains on the defensive, and his deck lacks haste. He’ll probably be forced to put off Tech II to play some combo of Rambasa, Sparring Partner, Safe Attacking, Quince. (If he does Quince, he might go to Tech II.) Any of which I should be able to deal with enough to keep my Tech I safe for long enough to get Tech II into play.

He’s going to be wondering why I don’t play a Heroes’ Hall this turn. But I need to start floating if I’m going to have $11 on T5 to activate Gargoyle, play TQ, play Zane, and play CM. I really want Newsman for the extra defense, but I have to save $3 somehow between now and then. A well-placed scavenger will get me $1, but either I skip a unit now or I do nothing but Tech II next turn. And since there’s a chance I may need to bring out Quince and Mirror if Vandy’s gone somehow, I want to keep that option open.

The real problem is there’s nothing I want to worker. If things go sideways, Newsman is too good of a patroller and answer to so much of what he can do. I need the CM for my gameplan. Man. Truth has so much value for its cost. Ultimately, I think I need to worker the Aven. I’d like to have it to finish him off, but next turn I’m going to start teching in Dark Pact. If things go right with the Gargoyle, a little Dark Pact direct damage is guaranteed, whereas Aven is not.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T3

TECH

Terras Q, the Shackled
Chaos Mirror

STARTING HAND
Reputable Newsman
Spectral Aven
Gargoyle
Manufactured Truth
Chaos Mirror

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven

NextHand

Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer
Jail
Traffic Director
Lawful Search

Discard

Manufactured Truth
Chaos Mirror
Reputable Newsman
Terras Q, the Shackled
Chaos Mirror

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($6)
Worker - ($5)
Recruit Gargoyle - ($2)
Vandy kills Vir, sparking Smoker to death; you draw and gain $1; Vandy takes 2

Float ($2)
Discard 3, draw 5

• Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/3, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
  • Gargoyle (0/2, Indestructible)

• Disc: 5
  • Gold: 2
  • Workers: 7

P2T3

TECH
Omegacron
Omegacron

STARTING HAND
Sparring Partner
Snapback
Savior Monk
Fox Viper
Grappling Hook
Rambasa Twin

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper

NextHand

Sensei’s Advice
Omegacron
Snapback
Morningstar Flagbearer
Grappling Hook

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + scav - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Rambasa Twin, summons Twin from Codex - ($3)
Sparring Partner - ($2)
Grave - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 2, reshuffle, draw 3

• :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]: Sparring Partner (3/2)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Rambasa Twin (3/2)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Rambasa Twin (3/2)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • L1 Grave (2/3)
  • :heart: Tech I: 5

• Workers: 8

Booo, Grave. It looks like I’ll have to spread this out over more turns than I wanted.

Well, as long as that’s the case, I might as well get my Traffic Director into play. Building Inspector is probably smarter, to make his Tech II more expensive next turn, but my eye is on the prize.

Workering Lawful Search, because I can’t see myself caring what he’s going to play.

Side note: I don’t think I’ve ever had a game where all my trades were this efficient. This can’t last forever.

Thoughts on the new hand: I don’t think there’s any way he can stop TQ from coming out, and I don’t think there’s any way he can kill Gargoyle. I should also be able to drop Newsman next turn for extra defense if I need it. The following turn I should be guaranteed Chaos Mirror. If Tech II is still up (or if I build a HH next turn), then I can definitely draw into it with Dark Pact. My only real worry is that he gets a YLD, Rock, or Voidstar up before then.

EDIT: I knew it was too good to be true. Forgot that I can’t suicide Vandy without Grave going to midband. There may be a way for him to take out my Tech II now. I’m not sure, as I haven’t looked at his follow-up turn.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T4

TECH

Terras Q, the Shackled
Dark Pact

STARTING HAND
Jail
Bluecoat Musketeer
Lawful Search
Building Inspector
Traffic Director

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search

NextHand

Jail
Terras Q, the Shackled
Reputable Newsman
Chaos Mirror
Terras Q, the Shackled

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($9)
Worker - ($8)
Gargoyle comes to life - ($7)
Gargoyle kills Grave; levels fizzle
Vandy trades with Elite Sparring Partner; levels fizzle
Summon Sirus Quince, with Mirror Token - ($5)
Build Tech II (Demonology) - ($1)
Recruit Traffic Director - ($0)

Float ($0)

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Sirus Quince, Lv. 1 (1/3+a)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Traffic Director (1/1, Unstoppable when attacking a building, Untargetable)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirror Illusion (0/1)
  • Gargoyle (3/2, Flying)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Demonology)

• Workers: 8

Grave will level when Vandy dies, so gargoyle can’t kill him. Want to redo your turn?

Oops! Sorry about that!

I’m just going to switch the order so that Grave dies, but Quince doesn’t get the levels. Do you want me to backtrack and redraw, or just update the post and Quince’s level in my spreadsheet?

That’s fine. I’m assuming your patrol remains the same.

P2T4

TECH
Reversal
Reversal

STARTING HAND
Sensei’s Advice
Morningstar Flagbearer
Omegacron
Snapback
Grappling Hook

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer

NextHand

Snapback
Smoker
Sensei’s Advice
Savior Monk
Omegacron

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Quince, Mirror appears - ($5)
Quince casts Grappling Hook on your Mirror, it disintigrates and you draw - ($4)
Aged Sensei buffs Twin #1
Twin #1 kills your Quince, mine goes to L3
Tech II - Future - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Rambasa Twin #2 (3/2)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirror (0/1)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • Rambasa Twin #1 (3/2)
  • L3 Quince (1/4)
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Future)

• Workers: 9

Crap! I forgot that Grappling Hook would kill Mirror where it stands and that I don’t want to draw right now! I better hope I don’t draw my CM too early! I should have put that little guy in Lookout!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Technician caught my Chaos Mirror! I had him dead to rights, and my bad patrol messed it all up! Well, his smart play killing my technician and playing Quince helped a lot.

I could still play TQ this turn, but I’d have to activate Gargoyle to kill his Mirror, otherwise he’ll just hit me with a TQ copy next turn. Of course, then he’ll kill my Tech II, so I won’t be able to summon Vandy and Zane in the same turn. Bleecch. I screwed it all up.

So, eye off the prize. I’ve got a few lines.

1. I could CM a Rambasa and Traffic Director, and have TD and Gargoyle break his Tech II, then have Zane take out the Rambasa and survive at 2/1 and summon Newsman or Vandy, worker. Leaves him with Quince, one Rambasa, and a Mirror destined to become another Rambasa, plus Sensei. But he won’t be able to summon a Hive, and he’ll have to really maneuver to take out my Tech II and still kill Zane.

2. Same as 1), but midband Zane to have him survive at 3/2 and snag an extra $1, and use that on a worker. No. 3/2 Zane is just as vulnerable, moreso without any blockers.

3. Same as 1), but I could have Gargoyle kill his other Rambasa (leaving him with no good targets for copying, except maybe my Gargoyle, which is expensive to activate). Tech won’t break (though I could hit it or his base for 3), so I could be looking at a Hive, and probably a mirror Hive the following turn. Or Grave stuff.

4. Same as 3), but instead of Newsman and worker, play a Jail. Future is expensive, so this could really hurt him, but he’d probably still play a Hive into Jail, then play a white weenie (Smoker or Sparring Partner) to bump it out.

5. I could have Max Zane shove the Mirror, take out Twin #2 (gaining $1), and use the extra $1 to CM himself and Traffic Director. Then TD is clear to trade with Quince. This leaves his Tech II up, and leaves me undefended, but he’ll have no mirrors or hero, and only one twin, and a sensei. The right draw and he could break my Tech II and play a hive, but he’d have to choose between that and killing Zane, who could cause him trouble next turn. Gargoyle is safe for at least a turn.

I think 1) and 5) are my best options. The real question is what scares me more? A twin, a sensei, and a Hive coming (plus up to two heroes), and me without defense or worker; or Quince, a Rambasa, a Mirror, a Sensei, and me with defense and a worker. The first scares me a bit more, so we’ll go with Option 1.

Teching in the other Dark Pact and… maybe Shadow Blade? It should probably be Sharks or Hound or Flagbearer, but everything but Sharks feels too slow, and if Zane’s dead I want Vandy’s card draw to be worth something. No, I may still want to play TQ next turn, so let’s make this cheap. Flagbearer.

And… okay. If he doesn’t break my Tech II, I’ve got lots of options. If he does… I might be hosed. I guess there’s always max Vandy to doom TD, and Gargoyle and TD break his Tech II again. Or just doom the Gargoyle, have it break his Tech II single-handedly, and then become indestructible next turn before it dies (as I learned in my game against Eric). Tough not having Blood to back that up. I may need a Tech Lab Anarchy soon.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T5

TECH

Dark Pact
Spectral Flagbearer

STARTING HAND
Terras Q, the Shackled
Jail
Terras Q, the Shackled
Reputable Newsman
Chaos Mirror
Chaos Mirror

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search
Jail

NextHand

Building Inspector
Dark Pact
Terras Q, the Shackled
Bluecoat Musketeer
Manufactured Truth

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
Summon Zane - ($5)
Zane casts Chaos Mirror, swapping scavenger Rambasa #2 with Traffic Director. - ($3)
Animate Gargoyle - ($2)
Gargoyle and Traffic Director break your Tech II; your base takes 2
Zane kills Scavenger Rambasa #2, who goes back to your codex; Zane takes 1 damage; you gain $1
Recruit Reputable Newsman, calling “2” - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 3, draw 4, reshuffle, draw 1

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/3+a, You can’t play spells costing 2)
  • Gargoyle (3/2, Flying)
  • Traffic Director (1/1, Unstoppable when attacking a building, Untargetable)
  • Captain Zane, Lv. 1 (2/1)

P2T5

TECH
Free Speech
Spectral Hound

STARTING HAND
Smoker
Savior Monk
Omegacron
Snapback
Sensei’s Advice

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker

NextHand

Reversal
Omegacron
Grappling Hook
Sparring Partner
Reversal

Discard

Omegacron
Sensei’s Advice
Snapback
Free Speech
Spectral Hound

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + scav - ($10)
Worker - ($9)
Rebuild Tech II
Aged Sensei & Rambasa Twin kill Newsman
Quince kills Zane, and maxbands
Savior Monk, Quince Maxband triggers, Mirror copies Saviour Monk - ($7)
Mirror kills Traffic Director
Tower ($4)

Float ($4)
Discard 3, draw 5

• :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Savior Monk (2/2)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • Rambasa Twin #1 (3/2)
  • L5 Quince (1/5)
  • Mirrored Savior Monk (2/1)
  • :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tower HP: 4

• Disc: 5
  • Gold: 4
  • Workers: 10

Man, I’m just playing it by ear, now. I teched Z because I’m close to Tech III. I teched Meta in case Vandy survives. Then I went ahead and played the Dark Pacts to give me a chance of drawing the Meta next turn. I’m not sure any of these were good plays. I was going to play Traffic Director (making him pay for rebuilding his Tech II, or kill it) and Spectral Flagbearer (making him target it, or go through it). I decided Quince + Mirror had one more HP and it might matter, and the Flagbearer dies just as easily as mirror.

After the draw… I got really lucky and drew Metamorphosis, Dark Pact, and Chaos Mirror. I should have options if she survives. The goal is to just Metamorph her and Zane, maybe breaking his Tech II with Zane and giving Gargoyle a turn to recover, or maybe just patrolling and digging for Traffic Director. I want to play CM on TQ and whatever will get through the turn after, if possible.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T6

TECH

Zarramonde, the Obliterator
Metamorphosis

STARTING HAND
Bluecoat Musketeer
Building Inspector
Dark Pact
Manufactured Truth
Terras Q, the Shackled
Chaos Mirror
Dark Pact
Spectral Flagbearer
Chaos Mirror

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search
Jail

NextHand

Dark Pact
Terras Q, the Shackled
Chaos Mirror
Metamorphosis

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Skip worker
Summon max Vandy, dooming Gargoyle and targeting/destroying your Illusionary Mirror Monk - ($3)
Animate Gargoyle - ($2)
Vandy casts Dark Pact; 2 damage to my base, drawing 2

Draw

Chaos Mirror, Dark Pact

Vandy casts Dark Pact again; 2 damage to my base, drawing 2

Draw

Chaos Mirror, Spectral Flabearer

Gargoyle destroys your Tech II, taking 1 damage from your Tower; your base at 16 (like mine! Saaaame!)
Summon the real Quince Shady, and Mirror token - ($0)

Float ($0)
Discard 7, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 4

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Sirus Quince, Lv. 1 (1/3+a)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (4/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirror Illusion Token (0/1)
  • Gargoyle (5/3, including +2/+2 from Vandy-doom, Flying)
  • :heart: Base HP: 16

• Deck: 9

P2T6

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Sparring Partner
Reversal
Grappling Hook
Omegacron
Reversal

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker

NextHand

Snapback
Reversal
Free Speech
Grappling Hook
Spectral Hound

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($14)
Rebuild Tech II
Grave - ($12)
Aged Sensei buffs Twin
Twin kills Quince, Grave to L3
Monk suicides into Vandy
Grave casts Reversal on Vandy, killing her, Grave to L5, you get $1 - ($8)
Quince kills Mirror, you draw
Quince makes a Mirror - ($6)
Sparring Partner - ($5)
Quince max band triggers, Mirror copies Sparring Partner

Float ($5)

• :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Mirrored Sparring Partner (2/2)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Sparring Partner (2/2)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • Rambasa Twin #1 (3/2)
  • L5 Quince (1/5)
  • L5 Grave (3/4)

• Gold: 5

Actually, ignore my whole turn above. Just realised I can’t summon Grave, because Tech II is down. Which throws a bit of a spanner in the works… I’ll redo my turn tomorrow - too tired now!

Attempt no. 2!

P2T6

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Sparring Partner
Reversal
Grappling Hook
Omegacron
Reversal

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Grappling Hook

NextHand

Free Speech
Reversal
Reversal
Sensei’s Advice
Omegacron

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($14)
Worker - ($13)
Rebuild Tech II
Quince makes 2 Mirrors - ($9)
Sparring Partner, Quince maxband triggers - ($8)
Aged Sensei buffs Twin
Twin kills Quince, levels fizzle
Quince kills mirror, you draw

Float ($8)

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Savior Monk (2/2A)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Sparring Partner (2/2)
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]: Mirrored Sparring Partner (2/2)
  • Aged Sensei (1/1)
  • Rambasa Twin #1 (3/2)
  • L5 Quince (1/5)
  • Mirror (0/1)

• Gold: 8
  • Workers: 11

Once again screwed by the Technician draw, which was my second TQ, which I was hoping to play next turn to CM with Gargoyle.

Well, I didn’t get to use this deck’s gimmick, which is just sad. But Dark Pacting myself now has a good chance of getting me down to killable range while drawing into a Chaos Mirror I can’t use this turn. So I’m going to try to start base racing him and protecting Zane. As long as I draw CM next turn, I can take his Tech II out again. With all the money he’s been floating, the game ends as soon as he has Tech II up.

I’m belatedly teching in Mind Control, and he has to have done the same, right?

I’m wishing I’d chosen Hound back when. Extra HP would be nice.

…Bad luck on the draw, no CM. Well, I still have a 50/50 chance of getting it when he kills Vandy.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T7

TECH

Mind Control
Disguised Monkey

STARTING HAND
Terras Q, the Shackled
Dark Pact
Metamorphosis
Chaos Mirror
Terras Q, the Shackled
Spectral Flagbearer

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search
Jail

NextHand

Traffic Director
Manufactured Truth
Reputable Newsman
Building Inspector
Dark Pact

Discard

Metamorphosis
Mind Control
Disguised Monkey
Dark Pact
Terras Q, the Shackled
Terras Q, the Shackled
Chaos Mirror

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Draw from Technician bonus
Gargoyle becomes Indestructible and loses 3 attack
Gargoyle loses +2/+2 from Vandy
Gargoyle dies to Vandy, exhausting and losing all damage
Skip worker
Summon Captain Zane - ($7)
Vandy casts Metamorphosis; indestructible Gargoyle cannot be sacrificed; Vandy becomes 6/7, Zane becomes max-level, 6/6, both invisible and have readiness - ($1)
On maxing, Zane targets Mirrored Sparring Partner to shove; it dies before it can be shoved, and we both draw from Technician

Draw

Spectral Flagbearer

Vandy casts Dark Pact on you; you draw 2 cards and your base takes 2, to 14
Recruit Spectral Flagbearer - ($0)
Vandy attacks your Tech II, gets spotted by the Tower, and runs into your Savior Monk, killing it and taking 2
Zane takes out your Tech II; your base to 12; no damage to Zane because the Tower can’t see him

Float ($0)
Discard 4, draw 5

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Spectral Flagbearer (2/2+a, Flagbearer)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Vandy Anadrose, Lv. 5 (6/5, Sparkshot, Resist 1, Invisible, Readiness)
  • Gargoyle (0/2, Indestructible, exhausted)
  • Captain Zane, Lv. 6 (6/6, Invisible, Readiness)

• Deck: 2
  • Disc: 8

I think Vandy should be 6/4, she took 1 tower damage and 2 damage from Savior Monk last turn.

P2T7

TECH
Free Speech

STARTING HAND
Sensei’s Advice
Free Speech
Reversal
Reversal
Omegacron
Spectral Hound
Omegacron
Snapback

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Grappling Hook
Reversal

NextHand

Sensei’s Advice
Free Speech
Omegacron
Snapback
Free Speech

Tech 1 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($19)
Worker - ($18)
Spectral Hound - ($17)
Quince Maxband triggers, Mirror becomes a hound
Mirrored Hound kills Flagbearer
Quince casts Sensei’s advice on Aged Sensei and Rambasa Twin - ($15)
Tower detects Zane, Quince casts Snapback on him, bringing out your Quince + Mirror - ($11)
Twin trades with Vandy, Twin to Codex
Sparring Partner hits your base for 2
Untap Sparring Partner - ($9)
Sparring Partner gives Aged Sensei a rune
Aged Sensei kills your Quince
My Quince kills your Mirror
Untap Sparring Partner - ($7)
Sparring Partner gives himself a rune
Quince makes a Mirror - ($5)
Rebuild Tech II

Float ($5)
Discard 4, reshuffle, draw 5

• :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Spectral Hound (3/3)
  • Aged Sensei (2/2 with +1/+1 rune)
  • L5 Quince (1/5)
  • Mirror (0/1)
  • Mirrored Hound (3/1)
  • Sparring Partner (3/3 with +1/+1 rune)
  • :heart: Base HP: 12

• Gold: 5
  • Workers: 12
1 Like

Ouch. I think that’s game, but we’ll play it out.

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m toast, but I got the luckiest draw ever. If by some miracle my Tech II, my Tech Lab, and my base are still intact, I have 11. Which is just enough for Zane+CM+TQ+activate Gargoyle. If he plays a hive, then that won’t work. And because of the tower, the monkey won’t work. But. There’s a tiny amount of hope.

Side note, I forgot all about my gargoyle. Might have been better to kill one of his units.
[/spoiler][/details]

P1T8

TECH

Disguised Monkey
Chameleon Lizzo

STARTING HAND
Reputable Newsman
Manufactured Truth
Dark Pact
Traffic Director
Building Inspector
Bluecoat Musketeer

WORKERS

Porkhand Magistrate
Arrest
Spectral Aven
Lawful Search
Jail
Manufactured Truth

NextHand

Chaos Mirror
Terras Q, the Shackled
Disguised Monkey

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($9)
Draw from Technician
Worker - ($8)
Build Tech Lab (Anarchy) - ($7)
Reputable Newsman, naming 2 - ($5)
Recruit Bluecoat Musketeer - ($3)
Recruit Traffic Director - ($2)
Recruit Building Inspector - ($1)

Float ($1)
Discard 1, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 2

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]: Bluecoat Musketeer (1/2+a, Long range)
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]: Traffic Director (1/1, Untargetable, unstoppable when attacking buildings)
  • :exhaust: [I]Technician[/I]: Reputable Newsman (0/3, naming 2)
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]: Building Inspector (1/1, your first building costs 1 more)
  • Gargoyle (0/2, Indestructible)
  • :heart: Base HP: 14
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Anarchy)

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 10
  • Gold: 1
1 Like

GG, that was my craziest game of codex in a while. If you don’t mind being given a pointer, Chaos Mirror works really well on Gargoyle (you used it on Traffic Director on T5, but I’m pretty sure it would have been better on Gargoyle). I made a lot of mistakes that game also… My tech choices were not good :blush:

P2T8

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Omegacron
Sensei’s Advice
Free Speech
Free Speech
Snapback

WORKERS
Safe Attacking
Fox Primus
Fox Viper
Morningstar Flagbearer
Smoker
Grappling Hook
Reversal

NextHand

Savior Monk
Omegacron
Free Speech
Snapback
Reversal

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($17)
Omegacron (@6 runes) - ($15)
Spectral Hound kills Musketeer
Quince kills Traffic Director
Mirrored Hound kills Newsman
Aged Sensei kills Building Inspector
Sparring Partner hits your base for 3, now at 9
Sac both hounds, Sensei and Mirror to Omegacron (now at 2 runes)
Qunice makes a mirror and sacs it to Omegacron - ($13)
Qunice makes 2 mirrors, sacs 1 to Omegacron - ($9)
Omegacron arrives
Qunice maxband triggers, mirror copies it
Omegacron and mirrored Omegacron hit your base for 18

Float ($9)
Discard 4, draw 3, reshuffle, draw 2

• Sparring Partner (3/3 with +1/+1 rune)
  • L5 Quince (1/4)
  • Omegacron (9/7 Haste, Untargetable)
  • Mirrored Omegacron (9/7 Haste, Untargetable)
  • :heart: Base HP: 12

• Deck: 4
  • Gold: 9