Casual ARMed_Pirate [Finesse]/Demonology/Strength vs. cstick [Feral]/Necromancy/Anarchy

Great finish!

You’re absolutely right. If you get a chance, take a look at my T9 thoughts and tell me what you think. I could have Two Stepped that turn in addition to the other stuff to make OB a 4/4 and keep TM as a 3/2 (until Two Step faded). Or I could have kept Vandy and River and built Tech II. I wonder if either would have changed your T10 much. Though I agree that I was still fattening up my deck with Tech I/spells, and you had Tech II rebuilt each turn with an additional worker, so it would likely would have gone the same way.

I think it’s fair to say that I haven’t gotten much better over the course of my games: I stall out at 8 workers every time. But I have been stalling for longer and longer! (:

If you had played Two Step, I would have just Doom Grasped River first to get rid of it. If you had built your Tech 2 instead of destroying mine, I probably would have played Zane + Sharks, and I could get a bear with Garth instead.

1 Like

Reading through your thoughts, it seems like I surprised you with how much I was able to pull off a couple of times, but you always had a clear idea of what I was likely going to do, and you counter-planned solidly every time. It was really impressive!

I think the most important thing I learned was how important it can sometimes be to not kill the opponent’s hero. (And, obviously, worker every turn.)

Thanks for the match, and the thoughts, and good luck in CAWS!

1 Like

Just popping in to recommend you take the advice from the beginner’s sheet I made to heart, especially the bit about not skipping workers! :wink:

In all seriousness, with one of the inspirations for Codex being Starcraft, I’m reminded about how much Sirlin emphasized economy in the podcast episode on Starcraft 2.