CAPS 2017: petE ([Anarchy]/Strength/Growth) vs. Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necro/Strength)

or Strenght/growth/future

1 Like

new achievement, have 4 active MoLaCs on your side of the board.

4 Likes

+20/+20 to everything! HAH! The hard part is activating the later MoLaCs without accidentally killing the opponent!

2 Likes

Opponent counterplays the Quad-LaC dream by not rebuilding techs, HAVE to kill base :_(

No such thing as a draw in the standings, but nothing is stopping a pair of players from agreeing to not play MoLaC at the start of a game.

1 Like

Would the agreement be enforced by judges if it were made though? :slight_smile:

No.

2 Likes

P1 Turn5

[details=Tech StartingHand Workers][spoiler]
TECH
Disguised Monkey
Disguised Monkey

STARTING HAND
Bloodrage Ogre
Mad Man
Might of Leaf and Claw
Might of Leaf and Claw

WORKERS
Bloodburn
Careless Musketeer
Charge
Pillage

[/spoiler][/details]

[details=NextHand][spoiler]
Nautical Dog
Mad Man
Surprise Attack
Makeshift Rambaster

[/spoiler][/details]
Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid - ($8)
MoLaC - ($5)
Zane, to midband - ($0)
Rook suicides into your Rook, your Rook to lvl 3, MoLaC @ 1
Zane kills Rook, we both gain $1, MoLaC @ 2, Zane to max, shoves SQL Bird to Scavenger, Bird dies, we both gain $1 - ($2)
Bird #1 kills Elite Skeleton, MoLaC @ 3
Bird #2 trades with Lookout Bird, MolaC @ 4
Mad Man, trades with Technician Skeleton, you draw, MoLaC activated - ($1)
Tech Lab Anarchy - ($0)
Skip worker

Float ($0)
Discard 2, draw 1, reshuffle, draw 3

[B]Board Info:[/B]
[B]In Patrol:[/B]

• :psblueshield: [I]Squad Leader[/I]:
  • :psfist: [I]Elite[/I]:
  • :ps_: [I]Scavenger[/I]:
  • :pschip: [I]Technician[/I]:
  • :target: [I]Lookout[/I]:
    [B]In Play:[/B]
  • Might of Leaf and Claw [active]
  • Entangling Vines [Ironbark Treant]
  • Zane lvl 6 (9/9)
  • Bird (6/6)
    [B]Buildings:[/B]
  • :heart: Base HP: 20
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Growth)
  • :heart: Tech Lab HP: 4 (Anarchy)

[B]Economy Info:[/B]
[B]Cards:[/B]

• Hand: 4
  • Deck: 8
  • Disc: 0
    [B]Gold:[/B]
  • Gold: 0
  • Workers: 8

[details=Thoughts][spoiler]

My hastier setup means Iā€™ll get a whole turn with activated MoLaC before his kicks in. Not a huge advantage though as he can block with low cost units for that turn. Once both MoLaCs are active, his deck beats mine for gold and card efficiency in generating units (Garth->Skeletons, Lichā€™s Bargain, Panda, etc), so advantage swings to him pretty soon.

Option 1:

• MoLaC
  • midband Rook, play out Zane and Mad Man
  • Rook and Mad Man kill his Rook (2 levels on Zane)
  • my Birds trade with his SQL Bird
  • Zane kills a Skeleton, activating MoLaC
    He plays MoLac, attacks my buildings with Garth + 3 units for 4 runes, and spends his remaining $5 on blockers e.g. Arg/Wisp + Panda/Wisp + Skeleton = 9-body board (yikes!) vs my 4 (Rook, Zane and 2 arrival-fatigued Birds). I also donā€™t get the gold/card efficient max Arg play as Iā€™m using both Hero slots with Zane/Rook. Possible techs in this line are Vines (entangle his remaining Bird, leaving my two free to hit Base) or Thunderclap (sideline his non-flying Tokens and cheap units, hope this lines up with Sharks for a lethal).

Option 2:

• MoLaC
  • Rook and midband Zane kill his Rook, Zane maxes to kill SQL Bird
  • my Birds kill his remaining Bird and a Skeleton
  • Mad Man trades with a Skeleton, activating MoLaC
  • build Tech Lab Anarchy
    He lands 2 runes on MoLaC (Garth, Prospector), and has the draw + $2 scav bonuses to set up the big body-number advantage. At least in this line Iā€™ve an attack-ready Bird that will be unopposed until his Birdā€™s Nest comes round again, can max Arg next turn for 3 bodies, and go into the Base race with hasty stealthy Anarchy units.

With time not on my side, think my chances are better with Option 2 ā€“ it gives me 8 out of the 12 cards in the coming cycle dealing hasty damage of some sort. So going for that with 2xDisguised Monkeys teched.

[/spoiler][/details]

Iā€™m not sure it matters that much, but shouldnā€™t Zane be 9/9?

1 Like

Quite right, edited

1 Like

nice game, well played! @EricF

Good game, thanks.

I had really good luck throughout (good opening split, Vines lining up with Ironbark, redrawing Birdā€™s Nest after T3 reshuffle), would have been very close otherwise. Think your deckā€™s unit generation would have won out in a longer game.