CAPS 2017: FrozenStorm ([Demon]/Necro/Finesse) vs. EricF ([Peace]/Balance/Anarchy)

For FrozenStorm

I’m confused by your turn. Where did Discord come from? You don’t seem to have had it in your starting hand, or have drawn it from either DP.

@Jadiel

To answer your secret question

It was my technician draw from imp dying, I’ll edit my turn to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion! (NOTE: Edited now)

For the math-inclined, however, I had a 6 card deck, I had a technician death and two dark pacts, so there was only 1 left in deck. It was Maestro, sadly, which would have killed his tech 2 and any hope I think he has left in this game, so anything other than that or Discord at the bottom would have been really nice!

1 Like
For FrozenStorm

I think you also needed both Fencers, no? So your chance to kill tech II was only 1/3 I think :slight_smile:

To answer Jadiel

[spoiler]
Not with the graveyard :slight_smile: As far as I can tell, Maestro makes them cost 0 from hand or graveyard, but if that’s not the case please someone correct me ASAP!

[/spoiler]

[details=P2 Turn 6]This text will be hidden. Leaving
It
In
Place
As
A
Buffer

Starting Hand:
Arrest -> Worker
Lawful Search
Garrison
Overeager Cadet
+Tiny Basilisk

(Deck is Basilisk, Inspector, Boot Camp). So, I’ll have 3 gold left after playing all of that. 1 for a worker, and I probably won’t have a standing Tech II after this. Better plan on building a Tower!
Tech in Overeager Cadet and replacement Garrison

Additional draws:
Tiny Basilisk
Building Inspector
Boot Camp
[/details]
Alright, you drew 4 cards - let’s see how many I can draw…
Tech 2 cards
10 gold (11)
Garrison (8)
Overeager Cadet, draw
Tiny Basilisk (6), draw
Tower (3)
Tiny Basilisk (1), draw
Worker (0)
Discard 3, rs, Draw 5

SQL - Overeager Cadet (2/2 +1)
Scavenger - Tiny Basilisk (1/2)
Technician - Tiny Basilisk (1/2)

Base - 20
Tech I - 5
Tech II - 2
Spec: Peace
Tower - 4
Flagstone Garrison - 4

11 workers, 0 gold
Hand: 5
Deck: 5
Discard: 0

[details=Next Hand]Boot Camp
Chaos Mirror
Elite Training
Overeager Cadet
Building Inspector[/details]

I think it’s going to stop at 3 draws for that Garrison mate :slight_smile: (btw “hidden text” covering up in desktop notifications now, well done)

Player 1, Turn 7

P1 [Demon]/Necro/Finesse vs P2 [Peace]/Balance/Anarchy

[details=Starting Hand]
Maestro
Dark Pact
Star-Crossed Starlet
Sacrifice the Weak
Deteriorate
Star-Crossed Starlet Discord (DP draw, arright)
[/details]

##Events of Turn:

###Upkeep:

• Get Gold (10)
  • No techs this turn

[details=All Teched Cards]
Star-Crossed Starlet x2
Harmony, Dark Pact
Maestro, Nimble Fencer
Discord, Nimble Fencer
Dark Pact, Bone Collector
[/details]

###Main:

• Maestro (7)
  • Fencer rises from the grave, free as can be thanks to the Maestro
  • Star-crossed Starlet from hand, fo free!
  • Stop the Music (Hammertime!), Dancers get angry af
  • Dark Pact, base to 12 draw 2
  • Another Star-crossed Starlet from hand, fo free!
  • Discord, your stuff gets weak (5)
  • Deteriorate a basilisk, it dies
  • Sacrifice the Weak, Skeleton and other Basilisk die (3)
  • River kills Cadet, takes 1 damage from tower
  • Maxband Vandy, dooming a dancer (1)
  • Vandy 4 + Doom Dancer 4 + Other two dancers 4 + Fencer 2 + 2x Starlet (haste from fencer) 6 = 20 damage to your base, GG WP!

Maestro and Starlets for the win, this tournament has been crazy!

7 Likes

gg! You and Penta in the semi-finals!

1 Like

woah! This is the first time i see Tech II finesse being so powerful!
Really well played from both sides, but you, my friend, played a masterpiece, imho.

4 Likes

You’re being very kind @Legion, but minus the bottom-decked Maestro I had pretty good draws in a hyper-aggressive P1 deck against a Deck EricF didn’t have a lot of great ways to counterplay (though that Basilisk setup for turn 3 was crazy good!) My record against you speaks for itself @EricF, you played a great game and tournament and I feel pretty lucky to have passed you here!

2 Likes

This needs linked to in the “When the Codex hits just right” thread. Even if you got lucky draws, that was absurd! :laughing:

2 Likes

There were certainly other combos that would have done the job, I did have 7/9 cards :wink: But I needed the Discord both turns, I don’t think the odds were with me on that!

Basically, what @Legion said.

Getting Harmony to go off to full effect with Dark Pact x2 + Discord would have been awesome enough. But getting full on Virtuoso craziness with Fencers, Starlets, and Maestro, with Graveyard freespawn? Really awesome to see.

Props to @EricF for the solid matches throughout the tourney, too.

6 Likes