[CAMS23] Round3: P1 dwarddd monopurple vs P2 Moby_Dick [Finesse]/Demonology/Necromancy

@zango sorry :disappointed_relieved: i definitely can’t promise to be faster atm but i will try. this game is almost over i think!

RuleChanges
Nerfs
Vandy Remove resist 1 at midband
Midband changes to “①, :arrow_heading_down:, Discard a card → Fetch any non-ultimate Demonology spell from your codex, reveal it, then put it in your hand.”
Maxband loses targeting, changes to giving the weakest unit on each side +2/2 (analogously to StW)
Garth Reduce midband stats to 2/3
Deteriorate Increase cost to 1
Ability changes to “Cannot target illusions. Give a unit -1/-1 until end of turn.”
Lich’s Bargain Base damage increased from 4 to 6 5
Flagstone Garrison Ability changes to “Your units can no longer have haste. Whenever you play a unit, draw a card”
Pirate Gunship Remove obliterate 2
Dark Pact Increase cost to 1
Bird’s Nest Change Upkeep to “Resummon one lost bird (max: 2)”
Battle Suits Change to apply to “Purple Soldiers and Mystics”
Might of Leaf and Claw :arrow_heading_down: → If there are at least 5 growth runes on this, your heroes and units get +3/+3 until your next upkeep
Buffs
Troq Midband at 3, maxband at 7
Modify midband ability to “Attacks: deal 1 damage to one of that opponent’s buildings”
Modify maxband ability to Overpower
The Boot Modify text to “Discard a card, then destroy a tech 0, I or II unit” modify type from “Spell - Debuff” to “Spell”
Intimidate Modify text to “Give a unit or hero -4/-1 until your next turn.”
General’s Hammer Cost reduced to 2

P1T7

Tech StartingHand Workers

TECH
Hyperion
Origin Story

STARTING HAND
Immortal
Neo Plexus
Origin Story
Promise of Payment
Temporal Distortion → immortal

WORKERS
Hardened Mox
Time Spiral
Forgotten Fighter
Plasmodium
Temporal Research
Origin Story

NextHand

Battle Suits
Stewardess of the Undone(2/3a)
Ready or Not
Fading Argonaut(2/2) fading 1
Temporal Distortion

Discard

Temporal Distortion
Immortal(5/5a)
Promise of Payment
Immortal
Hyperion
Origin Story
Neo Plexus

Tech 2 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($10)
immortal hits sql
Max - ($8)
Worker - ($7)
temporal distortion immortal to tric - ($5)
tric hits fencer for 3
Maxband max, flicker tric - ($1)

tric hits GG for 1 and kills SQL with 1 - ($0)
Nullcraft finishes GG, fencer dies too

Float ($1)
Discard 4, draw 5

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader: Tricycloid(4/4a) one rune
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician: L5 Max(3/4a)
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Tinkerer(1/2)
  • Nullcraft

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 18
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Present)

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 5
  • Deck: 1
  • Disc: 7

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

with : Maximmortal hits sqltd to trictric and tinkerer kill vandymaxband maxtric kills fencernullcraft kills brick thief. I have enough gold to hire vir and switch, so might as well do it first and see what I get.

Trying is all I’m asking for, thank you.
But for your current turn: tech 2 is down, so only one hero is allowed.

that and also tinkerer was tapped and then patrolling, fixed turn above

aand i can’t kill the fencer as it’s bigger than it looks with GG, editing now

Well played! If you don’t kill Tech2 AND Max there is always a risk. But Board Status was already too strong, with all the card draw abilities.

GG&WP @dwarddd

[CAMS23] Round3 P2T7

P1 [Past]/Present/Future vs. P2 [Finesse]/Demonology/Necromancy

StartingHand Workers

STARTING HAND
Star-Crossed Starlet (3/2)
Star-Crossed Starlet (3/2)
Blademaster (7/5)
Bloom
Leaping Lizard (3/5)
Blademaster (7/5)
Nimble Fencer (2/3)

WORKERS
Fruit Ninja (2/2)
Helpful Turtle (1/2)
Timely Messenger (1/1)
Older Brother (2/2)
Spark

NextHand

Leaping Lizard (3/5)
Dark Pact
Nimble Fencer (2/3)

Tech 0 card(s)
Get Paid + float - ($11)
maxband Garth, resurrect Guide - ($3)
fetch & play DP, base to 15 (discard 1, draw 2) - ($1)
skel draw - ($0)
play 2x Blademaster, 2x Starlet, Fencer for free
Starlet kills SL
fencer kills max, vandy to maxband, doom thief & NC
Maestro, thief, tenderfoot, starlet & 2x blademaster deal a total of 36 damage to your base, GG

Float ($0)
Discard 1, reshuffle, draw 3

Board Info:
In Patrol:

• :psblueshield: Squad Leader:
  • :psfist: Elite:
  • :ps_: Scavenger:
  • :pschip: Technician:
  • :target: Lookout:

In Play:

• Vandy L5 (4/5)
  • Tenderfoot (1/2)
  • Grounded Guide (4/4)
  • Blademaster (7/5)
  • Star-Crossed Starlet (3/2)
  • Star-Crossed Starlet (3/2)
  • Brick Thief (4/3) doomed
  • Maestro (3/5)
  • Blademaster (7/5)
  • Nimble Fencer (2/3)

Buildings:

• :heart: Base HP: 16
  • :heart: Tech I HP: 5
  • :heart: Tech II HP: 5 (Finesse)
  • :heart: Tech III HP: 5

Economy Info:
Cards:

• Hand: 3
  • Deck: 5
  • Disc: 0

Gold:

• Gold: 0
  • Workers: 10
Thoughts

A pity that Fencer died, otherwise I would have seen for the first time all Virtuosos out.

1 Like

Why I think it is the Better Nightmare at least for me. Here are the important cards in that starter to consider:

• Bloom: No secret that Zango and me are utilizing that on some heroes. Very strong on Vandy, Makes it safer to tech Meta. The big advantage an additional kill before first heal and later maybe another additional one. (Almost killing any sl without midband)
  • Tenderfoot: Usually you get 1ATK + 1HP for 1g for tech0. Some are weaker and coming with another advantage. But few are better (Tenderfoot, Dog, Oger, Haunt, Fargo), which makes them to the strongest tech0 card. This alone makes Tenderfoot to a very important card for defense. (They all have an disadvantage besides Tenderfoot, but oger and Fargo are as well better considering just the stats). But Tenderfoot transforms in that deck later to 3/3 haste for 0g, which makes it better than most of tech2 cards. Another big advantage is the backline maestro damage. So you can achieve that with fewer teched virtuosos and tech lizards, which I think are stronger.
  • Brick Thief: For the backline tech break the thief is like another virtuoso in the deck.

Now the direct comparison with the not nerfed Nightmare:

1. Nightmare is the stronger P1 deck. If you receive Frozens god hand, it is probably the strongest start and even Burning Legion will have major issues with that. But I think it is the weaker P2 deck. You don’t have a 2g 2HP unit in Black for defense. I know that you (@FrozenStorm) are very creative in the defense, but I don’t like losing my hero in turn 2/3. And my version is definetely very strong as P1 too. With it you can play the strongest (at least what I know so far) strategy in the game even a bit better than with the tradional Nightmare. I will try to pull it of next time when I am starting player. So since both are strong enough as P1 why should I choose an even stronger P1 deck by making compromizes on P2? Needs to be verified by some P2 matches against aggressive decks. I am not sure especially since the unnerfed Det is so overpowered
 But I think Nightmare was not challenged enough in the past.
  2. Since you mentioned the graveyard
 Sorry Frozen, I know it is one of your favorite cards. But I think it is just a win more. An aggressuve deck will easily overload it very fast and you wasted a card and 2g. So the nice effects come only if you are anyway controlling the board. Check out Bryce’s games as an example. It just threw him back every time. The only practical use has it for me against top tier decks in the crashbarrow deck. But then you bring it later for the CB, avoid playing other units from hand and work mainly with skeletons and mirrors. (Yes it can be usefull in not top tier matches e.g. mono color).
  3. I have a different playstyle than Frozen or Dreamfire and I can play my version different to the tradional Nightmare. I like to plan my strategy and push it through and don’t adapt so much on the draws or actions from the opponment. So I sort my cycles carefully and hate to rely on draws. The early (often required) DP in Nightmare is really a nighmare for me since, it starts the tech2 cycle too early and if you are not lucky you will draw the wrong card.
3 Likes