CAFS 2016: Marto ([Necro]/Blood/Truth) vs. Pooh-Bear (Mono Black)

Not that it changes anything, but he attacked a skeleton so he wouldnt be patrolling.

T5:

[details=Hand]Thieving Imp, StW, Crashbarrow, Skeleton Javelineer
Tech: 2x Death Rites

Worst possible teching, as the only thing that could happen would be Garth back casting some spells, but even that shouldn’t stop Crashbarrow exhumations.
[/details]

Collect 9 gold (9)
Skeleton token (8)
Sacrifice the Weak, killing skeleton and Necromancer (6)
Crashbarrow from Graveyard (3)
Crashbarrow trades with Skeletal Lord and Blackhand Resurrector; it goes back to the Graveyard
Bone Collector and Garth destroy your tech I, Ogre Recruiter destroys your tech II
Skeleton Javelineer (2)
Summon Quince (0)

discard 2, rs, draw 4

Patrol:
Leader:
Elite:
Scavenger: skeleton token 1/1 (from Bone Collector)
Technician: Skeleton Javelineer 1/1
Lookout: lvl 1 Quince 1/3

Buildings: Tech I 5hp, Tech II Blood 5hp, Graveyard (Crashbarrow) 3hp
Units/Heroes: lvl 7 Garth 3/4, Bone Collector 3/3, Ogre Recruiter 5/4, Mirror token 0/1
Base: 20
Other:

Economy:
Workers: 9
Spare gold: 0
Hand: 4
Deck: 0
Discard: 6

Redraw

Nether Drain, Hooded Executionner, Thieving Imp, Crashbarrow

And with that, I will concede. Good game. You absolutely trounced me. That was my first run-in with a Necro / Blood / XXX deck. I knew largely what to expect, but just not how to stop it.

@EricF

GG !

I was surprised by your turns 2 and 3. Maxbanding Vandy just for killing Quince (and trading Imp with Javelineer, with me gaining a patrolling bonus) looked like a waste of gold; it also offered me an option to counter-tech quite early against that, even if my draw never let me use Nether Drain.

You were unlucky to draw no teched card on T3, but maybe going down on cards on T2 wasn’t necessary - my Pestering Haunt wasn’t really fearsome was it ?

Good luck for your next games :slight_smile: