CAFS 2016: EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy) vs. Alhazard ([Necro]/Blood/Truth)

Thoughts

Assuming I get to boot camp the Executioner and kill Drakk, Alhazard can do one of two extremes on his next turn:

1. Play a bunch of stuff, and patrol 5 things, while killing some number of patrollers
  2. Kill all my patrollers, and 3 other things of his choice (3x Crashbarrow hits 6 things, the 4/4 hits something, and the skeleton + haunt hits something)

He could also do some mix of those, as well. If he does the first, then it doesn’t matter what I tech, I win easily through anything he can present. If he does the second, then I also win easily regardless of what I tech. If he goes for a mixed bag, then I need some extra hasty damage. Specifically, if he breaks my Tech II and Tech I, leaving Oni alive, and I can’t suicide him, then I want a General’s Hammer to make Oni lethal.

The other option is:
8 gold + scavenge (9)
Quince (7)
Free Speech (5)
Shoddy Glider, kill Onimaru, Quince to L3 (4)
Crashbarrow (1)
Barrow, Haunt, Skeleton kill 3 patrollers
Patrol with 4/4 Executioner and 1/4 Quince and Mirror and, lets say a Crash Bomber with the last gold
I get to keep 3 units (3 atk each), Mox (2 atk), and Nullcraft (1 atk) which is just enough (in conjunction with a Stewardess) to clear the patrol zone, but not to deal any damage. However, with Garrison still active, I can play out another 5 patrollers, while having even more stuff waiting in the back (and threatening a double Hammer on turn 8, with Quince dead and unable to respond). In this case, if I grab a Drill Sergeant, I can play:
9 gold (9)
Attack with Nullcraft (base at 5)
Drill Sergeant (6)
Stewardess (3), bounce Nullcraft
Nullcraft (1), rs and draw 1 of {units that died + new techs}
Cost-1 Unit (0)
=3 runes, plus Nullcraft for 1, puts the base at 1, so if I draw an Overeager in the first two re-draws I have lethal. And any Tech or Scavenger kill also gives me an easy lethal

[details=P1, Turn 7]Tech: Drill Sergeant + General’s Hammer

Plan to play out as many units as possible, and Boot camp the Executioner (and hope my draw lines up for it!)

Starting Hand:
Overeager Cadet
Nullcraft
Fading Argonaut

Deck (in this order):
Calypso Vystari
Flagstone Garrison
Boot Camp
Neo Plexus
Calypso Vystari
Chaos Mirror
Overeager Cadet (remains in deck)

[/details]
9 gold (9)
Overeager Cadet, Draw (9)
Nullcraft, Draw (7)
Calypso, Draw (6)
Onimaru (4)
Boot Camp the Hooded Executioner (3), Draw
Fading Argo, Draw (1)
Calypso, Draw (0)
Stewardess and Nullcraft kill Drakk, Oni to L3
Mox hits your base for 2 (now at 6 hp)
Discard 3, Draw 1, rs, Draw 4.

SQL - Overeager Cadet (3/2 +1)
Elite - Calypso (4/2)
Scavenger - Calypso (3/2)
Tech - Fading Argonaut (3/3) [3]
Lookout -

Hardened Mox (2/1)
Nullcraft (1/1)
L3 Onimaru (2/3)

Base - 20
Tech I - 5
Tech II - 3
Spec: Peace
Flagstone Garrison - 4

Battle Suits
9 workers, 0 gold
Hand: 5
Deck: 4
Discard: 0

Post-turn thoughts

I got two separate plans (play Neo Plexus vs Play Boot Camp) confused, and that might turn out badly for me here, since I have less of a board presence than I was expecting (and I also have more cards in my deck than I was expecting). On the upside, I drew pretty well for my new hand, so I should be mostly OK, depending, again, on what Alhazard has available.

im going to concede

Good game! As you can see from my extensive notes, this really came down to exactly what you had teched/drawn on any particular turn.

@Marto you can start our Round 8 re-match when ready.