CAFS 2016: Cstick ([Demonology]/Law/Anarchy) vs. Mooseknuckles ([Growth]/Necromancy/Strength)

Oh wow - you’re right. I forgot to list him in my board state on turn 5, which threw everything off.

That really sucks, and I’m really sorry for this. Let me spend a little time thinking on if there’s a way to correct this, but I’m inclined to say that this should be a forfeit for me. Not only did my mistake mess everything up, but without making it I would have been in a lot of trouble.

Man, this is a real bummer. I think that if I had taken that turn without the mistake this would be a really close game. My play options all walk into a judgment day, but your Vandy is also dead and I have a tower to detect Zane, meaning the game would be somewhere close to even.

Let me know what you and EricF are thinking. On my end I could restore the game state and retake the turn, but I’m a little bit concerned about doing so.

1. I’m not sure if there’s any precedent for this situation. If there is, we should probably follow that. If there’s not, we should be careful that whatever we do here matches how we (as a community) want it to be.
  2. I’d have the advantage of knowing that you teched Judgement Day and Surprise Attack. When taking that turn, I’d have guessed there’s a very high chance you teched JD, but SA I would have listed as “maybe/probably”.

Like I said, I’m comfortable with a forfeit here. Again, really sorry about this. I can’t help but feel like I tainted what would have been(and was) a really good match.

I personally wouldn’t have a problem with you rolling back to that turn. Like you, I would like to hear from one of the judges what they think about this situation.

@EricF
@zhavier

It appears you are both able to reconstruct the game state as of P2T6, and as you are not behind on time, it seems reasonable to rollback and have mooseknuckles redo turn 6 and let play proceed from there.

What an odd set of circumstances, where forgetting your hero the turn before turns out to be an advantage…

I think this falls under “game decisive, and un-correctible (due to information gain)” which has to be a forfeit.

I don’t want to set a precedent of basing a ruling on how much time is left in the match, because that would put another incentive on playing at a particular speed.

2 Likes

I think that’s fair. I know it’s not easy being a judge, so I appreciate you doing this. My only request is that in the tournament thread the emoji next to my name is a sadface, not a knocked down yomi guy.

Nice game, @cstick ! Sorry again that I messed this up, and good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Already done. Thank you for your understanding.