CAFS 2016: cstick ([Demon]/Law/Anarchy) vs. EricF ([Past]/Peace/Anarchy)

And now things actually end:

[details=P2, Turn 8]Overeager Cadet
Chaos Mirror
Nullcraft
General’s Hammer
[/details]
9 gold (13)
Zane (11)
Nullcraft (9)
Chaos Mirror, swap Vandy and Nullcraft attack (7)
Nullcraft finishes off your base!

gg!

GG!

Darn, I was hoping you wouldn’t have both Nullcraft and Mirror this turn. I was hoping to set up mirror + Terras Q next turn, which is why I took the line I did that cost a bit more gold rather trading off Zane. I really wanted to be able to kill you next turn to keep you from having an opportunity to play hammer again.

Now that I think a little harder though, I guess I was dead even without you having mirror, because you could play Nullcraft, play and max Prynn, Prynn trashes Voidblocker, Mox and NC hit, then trash and return NC for the last point. So I should have just traded off Zane and patrolled with Voidblocker and Gargoyle, then hoped to dodge hammer on turn 9.

But wait, then Prynn just trashes both patrollers and dies, and I die to Zane and mox. So I have to play Bigby instead of Voidblocker, I guess. But even then, I die to max Zane killing Bigby, then Mirror+Mox. So in order to live, I needed to patrol with a hero, Voidblocker, and Gargoyle. I can’t think of a way to do that that also kills Oni, so I don’t think I could have done anything to survive.

Yeah, I think given my draw you were dead unless you patrolled a Hero and Gargoyle, and also killed Oni, since I could play/max/suicide Prynn to sideline two units, then play Zane and attack with Zane and Mox.

Just for academics sake, if you had seen my hand, you could have:

10 gold (10)
Deteriorate Mox
Max Zane, shoving Fading Argo (7)
Vandy trades with Argo, sparks Cadet
Scribe trades with Cadet
Gargoyle, Animate it (3)
Bigby (1)
Zane kills Onimaru, Bigby to L3

Patrol Voidblocker, Bigby, and Gargoyle… er, I guess there was nothing you could do since the above doesn’t include playing Voidblocker, and I don’t see a way to kill Onimaru while still having enough defense.