Balance Team Battle Tournament Idea

No, I am not offended. The logic confused me. I have no issue.

I am in agreement with other peopleā€™s opinions that a five character stable is best.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think thatā€™s probably what Iā€™ll run for the August tournament.

3 Likes

I mulled this over for a moment. I have a pretty good idea what is dominant. Hard CP what they are most likely to choose, hard CP what they are likely to do if they expect that, or go with your best character. I do a little of all three. Sometimes, I mix it up with a pick does not fit any of these criteria. This would be a match that I think I can win, or I want to prove that I can win. This includes counterpicking against myself. This game is fun.

Back on topic, @mysticjuicer named other characters that would be viable in this format. I agree with this. I have always liked Onimaru, but I always seem to end up swinging at a brick wall (Arg) or whiffing (Degrey). It would be nice to swing at things I can hurt.

1 Like

This idea seems fun ^^

2 Likes

Planned on taking a break after IYL for a bit , but this tournament sounds dope. Please ping me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want in too

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ll be posting the signups thread soon.

2 Likes

To make it even more closely resemble the Fantasy Strike team battle format, should a win with a character remove that character from your pool of characters for the rest of the set?

I see a potential for this format being the main format for tournament Yomi.

if you do that, you cannot radomize the fights from the beginning tho

1 Like

Randomize after each match, no biggie :smiley:

If weā€™re doing 5-char stables, first-to-3, then thereā€™s never any repeats.

Because the Yomi client doesnā€™t have built in randomization, Iā€™m loathe to run a tournament format that requires it.

5 Likes

If there are no repeats, then there is no problem :wink:

I still think that this might be the best tournament variant I have seen - outside of just standard double blind followed by loser may counter pick. Or, maybe I would like it slightly better if loser gets to stick with their pick?

Interesting!

2 Likes

This is the best tournament format Iā€™ve seen and should definitely be done. I think it should be 5 char stables but Bo7. all 5 possible MUs for G1-5 but then 2 chars from each person are randomly used a 2nd time for G6/7. Also Iā€™m not sure how VP calculated but Iā€™ll just say that Zane/Troq/Geiger isnā€™t a Nash optimal choice since it can be cleanly counterpicked. Was going to take time off but definitely would play this format

1 Like

Instead, I would prefer the 5 char stable and bo5, since usually bo7 is too long if the match ends on the 7th bout. Itā€™s not only stressful for the players, but also cuz often is hard to make TZs match.

2 Likes

Iā€™M IN.

*My post is definitely 10 characters because robots are keenly interested in that.

5 Likes

what? shouldnā€™t this be in ABC2?

You are correct. In my hastiness, I responded to the wrong spot. Thanks.

1 Like

deGrey is so good he can be your whole team.

And ZANE is so good he can win the set anyway, before the tournament is even started.

3 Likes