[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Dreadlands R3 - MR vs thehug0naut 3-0

:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: study match for both of us. Luck came to my side with a mixup 2 --> tpos
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: hyper tense match. In the first part I drew only face cards (not so good vs arg) but again, luck is on my side and he had instead a lot of throws. We ran down to 4hp vs 1hp and finished with A vs 2 (joker backup on my side: did I mention luck?)
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: another tense match. I drew almost all my throws this time and they are the minimum bit faster than arg’s ones!

Great games @thehug0naut!

9 Likes

Great tense games @MR75. That second game I nearly chewed my fingernailsscales right off!

There may have been some measure of salt for you drawing all the throws in that last game, but overall I felt like you managed to navigate the match better than I and deserved a solid win. GGs friend :smile:

7 Likes

Pandalands
Twenty-Seven 0 - 3 ClanNatioy

:quince: < :bbb:
:quince: < :bbb:
:menelker: < :bbb:

ggs Twenty-Seven, it was a fun set and I enjoyed conversing with you. Unfortunately you tried playing hardest Yomi of all (the just woke up Yomi). Plus you had to face BBB with K in every opening hand, which is best BBB. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

7 Likes

You are far from God’s light.

7 Likes

Pandalands

Zqxx v @Twenty-Seven
3-0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::quince:

I anticipated her playing :quince:, but though I would never go as far as to say the MU is either even or :argagarg:-favored, it’s one I feel comfortable in. I do think that :argagarg: has better tricks to navigate the MU than many give credit for.

Good games! Best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

9 Likes

I should be commended for keeping the salt levels to a minimum despite getting 3-0’d twice in one day imo :psyduck:

16 Likes

Fluff vs @pengwndude
Morningstar
3_2
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibitroq:
:chibionimaru::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibipersephone::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibisetsuki::psfist::pschip::chibidegrey:
:chibisetsuki::psfist::pschip::chibizane:

The spectators got to witness the slowest ever Setsuki game in Game 5 @CKR.

Ggs.

7 Likes

No this is the grappler triangle :argagarg::bbb::degrey::geiger::gloria::grave::gwen::jaina::lum::menelker::midori::onimaru::persephone::quince::setsuki::troq::valerie::vendetta::zane: > :rook:

7 Likes

I think I see G. Panda near Quince! But, joking aside, I think Rook is alrighty! :chibirook:

1 Like

Flagstone City

Niijima-San vs vengefulpickle

Midori => Rook
Midori => Setsuki
Midori => Setsuki

Honorable combat concluded.

5 Likes

:rook::pschip::psfist::midori:

The closest game of the set, I was full of sweaty palms and racing heart as a sat at 1 health and managed to ding @Niijima-san down to 8 (I think?) before he closed it out.

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::midori:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::midori:

I switched to Setsuki, thinking that being more familiar with her would help me out, but I clearly have much to learn about that particular matchup. Got smashioed, don’t think I got Midori below 50 in either game.

Good games, though, and some helpful advice afterwards. Thanks!

7 Likes

@shamusj vs @MysticDeadman

3 - 0

I must have got lucky but I won 3-0 playing Troq for all three games.

Thanks for games @MysticDeadman

3 Likes

I’m not mad about losing. I’m bad at this game, so I expect losses, even in MUs where I feel like I should have an edge.

What I’m mad about is the fact that 8 of my first 10 games in this tournament have been played against Troq. I can’t friggin’ wait until 19XX, that way I can stop having to deal with him.

EDIT: Also, as a note, the set was played

:chibigwen:vs :chibitroq:
:chibionimaru: vs. :chibitroq: x2

6 Likes

@mysticjuicer

I made a change to my post to correct the set score, in case you haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks man!

1 Like

Ay mate I’ve told ya, learn Geiger or best best best.

I’d rather renounce my loyalty to Gwen than ever seriously touch Geiger.

2 Likes

You could just starting running Jaina vs Troq. Historical MUs suggest she’s as favored as Geiger is.

2 Likes

Is DeGrey a bad idea vs Troq? :confused:

As far as a suggestion for me to play goes, I’m trying not to fall into the 20XX cycle. I already play Zane, and even then only as a last resort. I’d like to minimize the damage to my opponents fun. Jaina I can take into advisement, but I’m not going to play Geiger or DeGrey just as an answer to Troq. That’s what I have Oni for.

4 Likes