[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Fivec 3-1 UTRALAW

Setsuki < Valerie (0 Qs, 15 cards left in deck)
Setsuki > Valerie
Setsuki > Valerie (2 Qs, 7 cards left in deck)
Setsuki > Valerie

Mary dictated a super throw heavy game in this set, as I couldn’t seem to draw any Qs until the last game (I almost ran out of throws entirely in game 3). Ggs, though.

And with that, we have four people at 10-2 in the division! Grats on taking the first seed @Fusxfaranto.

5 Likes

Dreadlands Official Results

1. @BD_Corro
  1. @thehug0naut
  • Record: 9-3
  1. @Ivan
  1. @snoc
  • Record: 8-4
  • H2H: Beat @Caralad head-to-head
  1. @Caralad

@snoc and @Caralad will play a Bo5 set for the first play-in, and the winner will play @Ivan in a Bo5 for a chance at the playoffs.

5 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary Official Results

1. @mysticjuicer
  • Record: 11-0
  1. @Fluffiness
  • Record: 8-3
  1. @scymrian
  1. @SouthpawHare
  • Record: 7-4
  1. @Jadiel
  • Record: 6-5

@Jadiel and @SouthpawHare will play a Bo5 set for the first play-in, and the winner will play @scymrian in a Bo5 for a chance at the playoffs.

N.B. @CKR regrettably had to drop out of the tournament (we’ll miss you!), so @Jadiel is now in 5th, despite earlier discussion in this thread.

7 Likes

Flagstone City Official Results (Pending)

1. @Fusxfaranto
  • Record: 10-2
  • H2H: Beat @Leontes and @Fivec head-to-head
  • Win %: 26W / 13L
  1. @Niijima-san
  1. @Fivec
  • H2H: Beat @Niijima-san head-to-head
  • Win %: 26W / 11L
  1. @Leontes
  • H2H: Beat @Fivec head-to-head
  • Win %: 28W / 17L
  1. @Thelo

Play-ins: @Thelo plays @Leontes Bo5, and then the winner plays @Fivec for a seat in the playoffs.

7 Likes

I thought Thelo also had a chance to go 7-5?

1 Like

Ah, you’re right, I jumped the gun.

1 Like

@vengefulpickle Cool. Are you planning on sending out e-mails for these, or should we be moving forward with scheduling ourselves?

Ah, yes, I was going to send out scheduling convos today. Thanks for reminding me.

2 Likes

Just a quick update on the schedule: because I didn’t get back from vacation and get the play-ins started early this week (and because we’re still waiting on some final matches to close out the regular season), the first round of play-ins will have until Sept 17 to finish. The second round will have until Sept 24, and then we’ll start the playoffs after that!

Get Hype!

7 Likes

Admirable job. Continue onwards.

4 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Jadiel - Play-in Match!

:zane: :psfist::pschip: :degrey:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :troq:
:zane: :psfist::pschip: :troq:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 Jadiel

Southpaw Hare wins!

3 Likes

Pandaland

sharpobject vs. @CloudCuckooCountry
:gloria::psfist::pschip::geiger: - Powered up 3333 on turn 1 and won some combats
:gloria::pschip::psfist::geiger:
:gloria::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:gloria::pschip::psfist::geiger: - Got hit for 65 from a throw
:gloria::psfist::pschip::geiger:

Good games! I was a bit worried that if you counterpicked maybe I shouldn’t go to Geiger since I was fighting a real Geiger player.

5 Likes

ggs wp

I was trying to think of a good Gloria counterpick, but I don’t play Zane or Troq.

btw, game 5 my opening hand was 334QQQJoker. I just played the 3 attack and hoped you’d throw, which you did. There were a few awkward hands that set.

5 Likes

Pandaland Official Results

1. @Zqxx
  1. @sharpobject
  1. @Zejety
  1. @CloudCuckooCountry
  • H2H: Beat @Zejety head-to-head
  • Win %: 19W/15L
  1. @Castanietzsche

@Castanietzsche and @CloudCuckooCountry will play a Bo5 set for the first play-in, and the winner will play @Zejety for a chance at the playoffs.

9 Likes

It looks like Zejety has a higher Win % than CloudCuckooCountry, but I’m not sure if Win % is used for resolving 3rd vs. 4th here.

2 Likes

This results list matches my expectations of what Head-to-head tiebreakers means, at least.

I’m not a TO, but I hear “head-to-head is the first tiebreaker,” and I see “CCC and Zejety have the same record, and CCC beat Zejety” and I think, “well, then, CCC should be ranked higher than Zejety.”

2 Likes

@vengefulpickle

Isn’t this a similar situation as the three way tie in Morningstar?

• sharpo, CCC, Zejety all have 9-3 records
  • sharpo beat CCC
  • CCC beat Zejety
  • Zejety beat sharpo

So, ranking should then go to win % right?

sharpo’s 20-15 record = 57.14%
Zejety’s 17-13 record = 56.67%
CCC’s 19-15 record = 55.88%

2 Likes

Flagstone. Don’t you besmirch Morningstar this way (lol you’re in Morningstar) - WE kept it CLEAN

2 Likes

I thought I’d misremembered, but you, CKR, and SPH had the same situation: three-way tie, with each of you having tie-breaker wins in a loop. Only CKR dropping out broke the tie instead of win% in this case.

2 Likes

Yup, you are absolutely right. I thought I had double checked all the numbers, but clearly not enough. I’ll fix the post, and the scheduling convo. Thanks for catching it!

3 Likes