[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Hey all…I can’t find the schedule of matches for any of the current tourneys. I just keep logging on to see if anyone’s on. Where can I go to find out when matches are scheduled to happen?

Thanks!

Vengefulpickle maintains a calendar of IYL tournament matches here, and he also keeps it up to date with other events that he’s aware of - Summer Smash matches, one-days, what have you! You can also check the Promote Your Tournament Match thread here, but not everyone posts in it when they have something coming up.

5 Likes

Many thanks!

3 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary, Round 10:
@scymrian vs. variable

:onimaru::pschip::psfist::chibidragon: Deathstrike Dragon is a good move.
:onimaru::pschip::psfist::chibidragon: Menelker’s Goodmove™ (Not to be confused with Troq’s Goodmoove™.) strikes again, saving a Menelker player piloting a strange course through uneven terrain.
:zane::pschip::psfist::menelker: No DSD this time! A lot of face cards made an appearance, though. At one point Zane had zero cards! :scream_cat: It was short-lived, though, because I (maybe unwisely) went for a KD after scymrian facedowned & that card turned out to be a Joker! I didn’t navigate the endgame as well as I should have, but was able to close it out with a K eventually! :0

6 Likes

Flagstone City

Utralaw vs Vengefulpickle

:chibidegrey::psfist::pschip::chibivendetta: i don’t remmeber game one too much but it started with him not wanting to push a button and block up to a big hand size. And me with alot of face cards and 7 throw!
:degrey::pschip::psfist::chibivendetta: Vengefulpickle started off with alot of blocks and got a good hand size up. Was able to keep a low enough hand to make MHG a thing but Ven just had too much in hand to deal with. The game ended with a rhetoric on knock down naming attack and Vengefulpickle playing a K to negate the life gain and winning with a combo.
:degrey::psfist::pschip::vendetta: This game i got VERY lucky and was able to joker away a bunch of dmg at the right time and stole the game because of a miscalculation of MHG damage at the end. He had the 8 to stop it :frowning:
:chibidegrey::pschip: :psfist::vendetta: This one was a very back and forth round both ending up in the low HP department a 8 health to 9 health with a long stare down for the final reveal i pushed the Q button and he play a dodge. All joker were played on both side and that was that.
:disguisedmonkey::psfist::pschip::chibivendetta: Sadly this game Vengefulpickle was not able to draw any jokers or 8s to help him out and got lucky on a well time throw to push through the last bit of damage.

Utralaw 3-2 Vengefulpickle

Well played Vengefulpickle all the games were tense in there own way i look forward to our future matches to come :slight_smile: Very glad to know there is another person who likes to play late on the weekdays!

4 Likes

tcby vs Twenty-Seven

:jaina::psfist::pschip::quince:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::menelker:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::menelker:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::menelker:

I basically constantly pressed DP and came out with a win
Huge comeback on both sides; Twenty-Seven game 3 with Ace throw, and me with not respecting menelker throws
Close fought!

Result: tcby wins 3-1 over Twenty-Seven

6 Likes

Game 3, you missed lethal at one point when I bluffed a joker after having both of them in my discard already :slight_smile: bought me several more turns that I didn’t need to have. Keep an eye on that in the future! Great games, lots of fun!

3 Likes

The @Copper8642 Method provides once again.

4 Likes

Fitting, considering I actually taught tcby how to play Yomi.

7 Likes

“Uppercut again!”
“But… my arms are tired master!”
“DO IT AGAIN”

7 Likes

Morningstar

Fluff 3-1 @FaceOnMars

:chibipersephone::psfist::pschip::chibilum:
:chibipersephone::psfist::pschip::chibilum:
:chibipersephone::pschip::psfist::chibilum:
:chibiargagarg::psfist::pschip::chibilum:

GGs.

5 Likes

I have the distinct honor of having played the first match with the new addition to his family, a puppy named Reggie, on his lap. GGs. WP.

6 Likes

I think I speak for the entire yomi community here when I say can we see a picture of the cute puppy please?

10 Likes

Seconded on the puppy motion

4 Likes

Here she is.

17 Likes

No wonder you lost @FaceOnMars, no mere mortal can contest against that cuteness.

2 Likes

Thank You for giving me an uncontestable out!

3 Likes

She’s adorable

20 Likes

CKR over Phrawger 3-1

:zane:>:midori:
:zane:>:rook:
:zane:<:rook:
:zane:>:rook:

ggs.

3 Likes

GOD
DAMN