[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

I’m not going anywhere, so stick around and you’ll get the runback for sure. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

All good points! And, T1 block is pretty reasonable in most matchups in general, which I didn’t mention before!

1 Like

Dreadlands Round 8

@BD_Corro vs @Ivan

BD Corro wins 3-0

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::argagarg: - Standard play lots of throws and undercuts on duff attempts, he gets some hits in but isn’t really able to get anything started
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::valerie: - Standard play I win with a big life lead but half way through the match he undercut a crossup attempt with speed bursted 2 and combo’d into 555J++, I’ve never been so glad I had a joker in my life
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::valerie: - This final game goes right down to the wire, we’re both 1-2 decisions away from dying for most of it and I’m down to 11 cards in deck, the majority of which are worthless normals, luckily I manage to get my final Q and he’s on a small hand with the majority of his dodges already used and less than halfway through his deck so I make the call that Q is super safe and manage to catch a throw attempt to close it out

ggs it was a fun set and I feel like I’m properly off my tilt from the last couple of tourney matches I had

4 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
Phrawger vs Jadiel – 3 :: 1 Phrawger
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: T1: Throw an Ace. [kisses fingers like a chef]
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :degrey: [Unkisses fingers] I got real, real got in this one.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: Final Dragon Buster, followed up with a 5 throw.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :degrey: I very nearly piss away a great lead, all the way down to the magic pixel. Manage to make my way back to town, walkin fast, faces pass and I’m home bound

GGS, Jadiel. DeGrey is a boogeyman for sure, great great set with nailbiters for both of us, I hope.

6 Likes

3-2? You’ve only listed four games.

1 Like

Should be 3-1 to @Phrawger

1 Like

Edited for correctness. Sometimes I remember how to count

5 Likes

Flagstone City Battle: Leontes vs. Fivec

:midori::psfist::knockdown::setsuki:
:midori::knockdown::psfist::setsuki:

The Dragon Gods were angry the bull last time, so I sought to appease them.

Great games as always @Fivec. I definitely sweat whenever I have to fight you. Hope to get some redemption in an IRL game after you dumpster’d me on stream with my Dragon puppet :frowning:

12 Likes

Fivec 3-1 Thelo

Setsuki > Troq
Setsuki < Troq
Setsuki > Troq
Setsuki > Troq

I’ve won two Troq sets in a row ?_?.

Ggs.

9 Likes

Thelo 2 - 3 Fusxfaranto
in Flagstone City

:bbb::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

Good games!

6 Likes

thehug0naut vs @Corroyeur in THE DREADLANDS

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook:

thehug0naut wins 3-0

GGs my friend, those MUs are both super rough for your end

3 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @pengwndude in Morningstar Sanctuary

:bbb: :psfist::pschip: :troq: :psgem:PERFECT!:psgem:
:bbb: :pschip::psfist: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist::pschip: :zane:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 1 Pengwn Dude
Southpaw Hare wins!

3 Likes

Flagstone City Round 10
Hobusu vs @Copper8642

:chibidegrey: :pschip: :psfist: :menelker:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibidragon:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibimenelker:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibidragon:

Hobusu wins 3 - 1 (all matches DeGrey vs Menelker)

Good games, Copper! Sorry for forcing one of your least favorite MUs here; my other tournament character right now is Setsuki, and that wouldn’t have been much better! :sweat_smile:

The first game was particularly interesting, since early on he was able to Into Oblivion all of my Aces. All of them! It turns out that Menelker does just fine against DeGrey when Ghost Riposte and Final Arbiter aren’t available… Especially when I drew very few dodges after that. Oh well, at least I got to punch out Deathstrike Dragon twice this match – once in game 2 when I was using Daggerfall Thrust intending to set up a chipout next turn (he was at 3 life at the time, and he was hoping that a silent DSD could steal him the game), and once in the final game when he’d just powered up for 2 Aces, I used Troublesome Rhetoric on Throw and we both dodged, then next turn I used Spirit Justice to stuff DSD for lethal.

7 Likes

Fusxfaranto 3 - 1 Leontes

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:bbb: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: This was kind of a weird game.

GGs.

9 Likes

:spider_web: Dreadlands :spider_web:

Attilian :ps3gem: - :ps1gem: @Shax

:lum: :pschip: :pscrash: :valerie: I die to wake-up throw
:troq: :pscrash: :pschip: :valerie:
:troq: :knockdown: :knockdown: :valerie: Shax’s hand was awful (888910101010Joker mid game) but he fought out the draw
:troq: :pscrash: :pschip: :valerie:
:troq: :pscrash: :pschip: :valerie: Beats unleashed ftw

That was a fun, tense and close set. Ggs Shax. Good luck in the rest of your games.

3 Likes

I believe that’s either 2-1 or 3-2, depending on what draw rules are.

Oops. Didn’t read my own notes correctly. Fixed now.
Double KO counts as no win/loss for both players.

Maybe change the icons to double :pschip: then? :wink:

1 Like

I prefer the DBZ “blow each other away” effect he has now.

Double :pschip: doesn’t feel right to me. But hopefully double :knockdown: gets the point across better. We both hit each other in the face and we both lost.

1 Like