[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

Flagstone City
Copper versus vengefulpickle
3-1

:menelker::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
Both of these games went about how the matchup says it will, where I recur good moves and vendetta is slow. He made a couple of mistakes involving when to acro that really clinched it in my favor

:menelker::pschip::psfist::setsuki:
This was a close match through the midgame where we chipped at eachother but I managed to not eat any big sets combos. Then I ate 2 consecutive sets combos and died.

:menelker::psfist::pschip::setsuki:
He duffed DSD but Q saved the day.

8 Likes

One of the first Yomi match commentaries I watched was one where @mysticjuicer went on at some length about The Copper System. @Copper8642 , you did not disappoint. :smile:

9 Likes

Believe in the system. Trust in the system. The system keeps you safe.

9 Likes

snoc vs Ivan - 0:3
:gloria::pschip::psfist::argagarg: X 3
I still cant belive that i won three matches with Arg against snoc’s Gloria.
Thanks for the set, mate. Was a lot of fun.

8 Likes

:flushed:

Teach me your ways… :pray:

4 Likes

Have your opponent draw hardly any (fast) throws and become extremely tilted about it.

Not to take anything away from how @Ivan played, but I definitely handled my draws badly, both in game choices and mental state.

6 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
@Scymrian 3-1 over MyDrothers
:onimaru::psfist::knockdown::chibitroq:
:codexonimaru: :knockdown::psfist::troq:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the games! Hope to play you in another tournament down the way!

1 Like

Pandalands

Zqxx v @CloudCuckooCountry
3-1

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::geiger:
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::geiger:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::geiger:

Good games, though #2 was a very long war of attrition. Best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

4 Likes

Well played. I haven’t felt aggression that overwhelming in a while, especially from an Arg player.

4 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
FaceOnMars vs @Phrawger
3-0

:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:lum: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:

We had just played recently for Summer Smash in which I lost 4-2 but it was still a lot of fun. I was very happy to come out on top this time. Win or lose, very enjoyable competition.

I’m pretty bad at reciting play by play but I do remember landing a Lum AA+A+A super.

My post match chat skills suck. I much prefer talking on Discord while practicing with people if anyone is interested. @variable and I have been doing it that way for about a month now.

GG’s. WP

8 Likes

Dreadlands

Caralad vs @MR75

Caralad wins 3-0

:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :grave: all 3 games.

GGs MR, I will get a recording out for everyone to watch at some point.

3 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
Phrawger vs variable
3 : 2
:rook: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gloria:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :gloria:

GGS! I love the Midori / Gloria matchup and yours was a very formidable one. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

6 Likes

Oooh, well done, @FaceOnMars!! :smiley_cat:

And, same to ye, @Phrawger! I want to play ye :chibimidori: again sometime! I’m glad that ye stuck it out as Midori, even though - looking back - ye draw in game five seemed weird! How close were ye to going to :chibimenelker: there? (Or another character, but Menelker was my best guess!)

Also, one day I will land a Sun & Moon in this matchup instead of expecting a dodge to come! :smiley_cat:

(I forgot to mention that I opened a gold Ace of Hearts for Midori in the pack I picked up during our set, which made me laugh! :joy_cat:)

3 Likes

I frequently debate myself after playing multiple games as the same character in a set and losing after a couple wins, because I feel like I’m getting too predictable. Inspired by watching my boy @scymrian stick to his guns, I preferred staying in a solid matchup with a character I know well.

Menelker was probably the other option! Q’s are fun. But some days it is good to be a green dragon.

(also, full disclosure: after @FaceOnMars beat me 3-0 as Lum the other day I got a gold Lum Joker and had a bit of a crisis)

7 Likes

Fivec 3-1 Flooffiness

Setsuki > Bal-Bas-Beta
Setsuki < Zane
Setsuki > Zane
Setsuki > Zane

Ggs.

3 Likes

Phrawer: (also, full disclosure: after @FaceOnMars beat me 3-0 as Lum the other day I got a gold Lum Joker and had a bit of a crisis)

I have no idea what this means. I noticed you didn’t “like” my victory post and thought I may have been unintentionally offensive. If so, I apologize. Otherwise, “What are you complaining about. You can burn it and get another gold Midori card!!”

Congrats on your match vs. @variable, my loyal corn fed practice partner.

3 Likes

Oh no you’re fine! You’re great, I was just bummed about the loss and also SEEING THE FACE OF MY KILLER YET AGAIN. Also I absolutely did foil out my 10’s with it so not a single hard feeling there.

4 Likes

Speaking from experience, I know first hand that getting a random Gold Joker and using it to bling out an entire rank of cards does, in fact, create some hard feelings.

Probably best that you keep those to yourself, though.

6 Likes

Fusxfaranto 3 - 1 Floofiness
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :bbb:
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:
:chibigwen: :pschip: :psfist: :zane: Mercilessly slaughtered.
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :zane:

GGs. I deeply admire BBB leads.

4 Likes