[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

morningstar sanctuary

mysticjuicer 3 - 2 variable

:troq: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:troq: :psfist: :pschip: :geiger:

good lord what a set. definitely could have played out very differently - variable was S T O M P I N G my ass for the first half of the last game.

ggs wp, man

7 Likes

ggs, @mysticjuicer! I hope our hearts stop pounding so hard soon. That set was somethin’! :0 If it was recorded I look forward to hearing ye always excellent commentary! :smiley_cat:

Good luck in the rest of the tournament! I hope to see more comebacks, but hopefully they aren’t as stress-inducing!

Also, lawd, did I not approach the Arg/Oni game very well! XD

6 Likes

@Fusxfaranto vs @Fivec

:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :setsuki: Went about how I expected.
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: I still didn’t really know what to do about Setsuki, but just before the match, I saw @mysticjuicer 's triumphant return to Rook in Summer Smash, and realized what I had to do.
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: CMB at 49 health for the win. (1 for 1)
:rook: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki: CMB at 44 health for the win. (2 for 2)

GGs Fivec.

13 Likes

YO! that’s HYPE!!

6 Likes

Hey everyone! Just wanted to make a quick announcement/reminder:

If you know in advance that you will be too busy to easily schedule a match during a future round of the Round Robin, please feel free to reach out to your opponent for that round and offer to play the match in advance. Just make sure that I or @vengefulpickle (ideally both) are also included in the message.

Thanks!

5 Likes

The Dreadlands Round 4

@Caralad vs @BD_Corro

BD Corro wins 3-2

:zane::psfist::pschip::geiger: - This match is super even, a lot of give and take but then suddenly anarchy after only a single power-up less than half way through his deck, trades with cycloid and I lose from 46 health, I cry a single manly tear before continuing with the set
:zane::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - Lot of back and forth again, I close this one out by getting a knockdown and setting up an unblockable with a BOT by pulling 3,10,Q, he Ks the 3 but I power through with the counter and take it (K didn’t beat anything here, should have either done AA against the 3 or blocked against the Q)
:quince::pschip::psfist::setsuki: - PERFECT, I actually had to deal with some proper garbage draws throughout most of this game but my RPS was on point and I got through it in style
:troq::psfist::pschip::setsuki: - I do pretty well this game until I get antsy about throws (he was not throwing me) and feed him the the last block he needs and then he dodges into BU for exactly 45, I cry a second manly tear before continuing with the set
:troq::pschip::psfist::geiger: - He tries to throw me a lot early game but I draw literally all of the Js so I just chuck them all into his face one after another, 3 of them work. By this point I have 5 spirals in discard and two 8s in hand so I’m able to stack my deck for the entire mid-game bringing all the Ks and ace fuel I need into my hand before eventually I draw my first 4 and close it out with a small 40 damage TD combo

GGs was fun

After the set you were asking about setsuki’s bad matchups and I think her 2 worst matchups are probably troq and zane. Looking back at those matches in the set I think it was pretty evident why, honestly I think rather than looking for a new character you’d be better off getting more familiar with those matchups.

6 Likes

Flagstone City

Leontes wins 3-1 over HyDrO

:troq::psfist::knockdown::argagarg:
:troq::knockdown::psfist::argagarg:

ggs HyDrO, been too long :smiley:

I’m pretty much dead set on never playing :midori: vs. :argagarg: again. :troq: asks the question; “What if you could enter Dragon Form by blocking twice, and then no puny T* can remove your AAA super”

6 Likes

HarryBModest vs Zejety

:setsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:

My first time up against BBB, and I definitely struggled. Zejety had some good draws and got me to long range and kept me there. There were a couple of moments where I held my own, but it wasn’t enough.

GGs, Zejety. And thanks for the extra game afterwards!

8 Likes

Pandalands

Zejety beats @HarryBModest 3-0 over three games of :bbb: vs :setsuki:.

This was Harry’s first set against BBB which is always pretty brutal. Despite that and my good draws, he did well and got close to nabbing a round.
In general, combat wins were pretty evenly spread out but most of his were during range instead of range-preventers.
A fourth round we played after the official set was very close as well and overall, I think I was lucky that he was not prepared for the MU!

GGs!

8 Likes

Round 4
Attilian vs Ivan - 1 : 3
:grave::pschip::psfist::jaina:
:grave::pschip::psfist::jaina:
:zane::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:zane::pschip::psfist::valerie:
GGs, mate. Thanks for the great games.

9 Likes

MyDrothers 3-0 over Phrawger
Morningstar Sanctuary
:rook::psfist::knockdown::chibirook:
:rook::psfist::knockdown::chibimenelker:
:rook::psfist::knockdown::chibimenelker:

4 Likes

Fluffiness 3-2 @variable

Morningstar

:jaina::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::gloria:

GGs

Inspired by @migohunter

8 Likes

:pray: Jaina’s thighs :pray:

7 Likes

ggs, @Fluffiness! Good luck in the rest of IYL5!! May the THICCNESS be with ye & @migohunter, always! :jaina:

5 Likes

Morningstar Sanctuary
Scymrian > @Jadiel 3:2

Setsuki < Troq
Onimaru > Troq
Onimaru < DeGrey
Setsuki > DeGrey
Setsuki > DeGrey

Set almost got a last minute postponement when Jadiel couldn’t find the iPad, but playing it on the iPhone worked out! Game 2 got interrupted due to connection issues on my end, but we restarted it from the top and finished out the rest of the set from there. Thank you for the games!

7 Likes

Flagstone City Round 5
Hobusu vs @Flooffiness

:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :chibibbb:
:chibidegrey: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :chibibbb:
:chibisetsuki: :pschip: :psfist: :zane:
:setsuki: :psfist: :pschip: :chibizane:

Good games, Flooffiness! All of these games were fun, especially since we were learning the matchups as we went. I had only fought against BBB once before this, and Floofiness had never fought against Setsuki before. The first game in particular was an amazing comeback that I’m still not sure how I pulled off…!

8 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @FaceOnMars

:bbb: :psfist: v :pschip: :gwen:

Southpaw Hare 3 - 0 FaceOnMars

Southpaw Hare wins!

(I know you said you’d report, but I consider it the responsibility of the winner and wouldn’t want to be hypocritical to my beliefs.)

6 Likes

Oh no. I meant for you to report and I’d reply by singing your praises!

I could tell by the rhythm of your play that you’re a thoughtful player. My inexperience playing against BBB was evident and it was very sportsman-like of you to give me a brief BBB lesson at the end. Got schooled twice!

Enjoyable and painful at the same time.

9 Likes

@Fusxfaranto 3 - 0 @vengefulpickle

:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

GGs, the heart of the cards was definitely not in your favor today. Thanks for being a good sport anyways.

8 Likes

Round 5
DreadLands
Ivan vs Corroyeur - 3:1
:rook::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:rook::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:degrey::psfist::pschip::rook:
On the first game, with tones of luck managed to land CMB, wich brought the game 10 HP to 3 HP and closed it with J vs K :psyduck: /no FA - tones of Luck - AGAIN/. Second game the things returned in their regular order :slight_smile: and of cours cp - time.
Thanks, mate. Was a great set - much fun and presure :wink:

7 Likes