[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5

It’s scary to fight against an RPS-heavy opponent with better combat options. Sometimes I pretend RPS isn’t real, and then I end up getting hit by @Alhazard’s meaty TPOS 2 games in a row or @zqxx’s meaty throw 3 combats in a row. So eventually I have to play RPS I guess.

Thanks for the games. I really thought I would lose in game 3 D:

6 Likes

Dreadlands

Shax vs @Ivan
Shax wins 3-2!
:chibivalerie::psfist::pschip::valerie: I drew 4 bos and he drew 3. Still kinda close but with some very entertaining BoS showdowns. I bursted twice on a 4 normal vs his K bursted once. He then faced down a joker and I let it be. He later won a 7T vs 9T bos showdown.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::degrey: This went alright until the lawyer did his “damage from nowhere” trick and my life bar plummeted. I also poked his ace dodge twice thinking it would be to obvious to throw and then bluffed my joker instead of actually playing it. He didn’t respect my face downs so I took a ton of unnecessary damage.
:troq::psfist::pschip::degrey: This was a butt clincher as I won with only 3 hp. I noticed that he was very aware of K throw and would play against it 80% of the time. So I undercut a 5 with a 4 normal into AA.
:troq::pschip::psfist::geiger: cp time and I didn’t perform well. Almost was a perfect until I started spamming face cards.
:persephone::psfist::pschip::geiger: mmmmmmm Mistress :heart:

Respect and GG!

6 Likes

Dreadlands

Shax vs @neigutten
Shax wins 3-2!
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta: Ven huh? I’m fine with abusing speed advantages.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta: Still ok with it.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::vendetta: Props to him for sticking it out, and double props for getting something going. HE starts K looping me like crazy.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::vendetta: In either this match or the last one I get the idea to throw like crazy and I get eaten alive by pokes.
:valerie::psfist::tired_face::vendetta: I block at least twice as often and it works. Big hand val means big damage. Perfect.

Respect and GG!

5 Likes

The fourth match was crazy close, abs and we both ended up at 2 cards each one round before the end :stuck_out_tongue:

Last round I didn’t dare throw with me two kings, and it got me perfected. Woops ^^

Gg! :smiley:

3 Likes

Pandalands

CCC vs @Zejety

3-1?

:valerie: > :gwen:
:valerie: > :gwen:
:valerie: < :gwen: (We ran into a speed bug that made me lose combat for like 30+ damage, but since I won the set anyway, we’re still counting it. @vengefulpickle , we need a tournament ruling on bugs, otherwise we don’t know how to resolve them if they might have caused a change to who wins a round or set.)
:argagarg: > :gwen:

ggs, Zejety well played

3 Likes

As @sharpobject pointed out in the other thread you posted this in (and @Zejety knows from asking about it on Discord), there’s a ruling on Burst of Speed vs Chillbane in the Official FAQ. TL;DR, it wasn’t a bug.

6 Likes

Flooffiness 3 - 0 @Hydro
Flagstone City Week 2

:bbb::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

GGs HyDrO

6 Likes

Huh. Weird.

2 Likes

Dreadlands R3 - MR vs thehug0naut 3-0

:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: study match for both of us. Luck came to my side with a mixup 2 --> tpos
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: hyper tense match. In the first part I drew only face cards (not so good vs arg) but again, luck is on my side and he had instead a lot of throws. We ran down to 4hp vs 1hp and finished with A vs 2 (joker backup on my side: did I mention luck?)
:grave::psfist::pschip::argagarg: another tense match. I drew almost all my throws this time and they are the minimum bit faster than arg’s ones!

Great games @thehug0naut!

9 Likes

Great tense games @MR75. That second game I nearly chewed my fingernailsscales right off!

There may have been some measure of salt for you drawing all the throws in that last game, but overall I felt like you managed to navigate the match better than I and deserved a solid win. GGs friend :smile:

7 Likes

Pandalands
Twenty-Seven 0 - 3 ClanNatioy

:quince: < :bbb:
:quince: < :bbb:
:menelker: < :bbb:

ggs Twenty-Seven, it was a fun set and I enjoyed conversing with you. Unfortunately you tried playing hardest Yomi of all (the just woke up Yomi). Plus you had to face BBB with K in every opening hand, which is best BBB. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

7 Likes

You are far from God’s light.

7 Likes

Pandalands

Zqxx v @Twenty-Seven
3-0

:argagarg::psfist::pschip::quince:

I anticipated her playing :quince:, but though I would never go as far as to say the MU is either even or :argagarg:-favored, it’s one I feel comfortable in. I do think that :argagarg: has better tricks to navigate the MU than many give credit for.

Good games! Best of luck in the rest of the tournament!

9 Likes

I should be commended for keeping the salt levels to a minimum despite getting 3-0’d twice in one day imo :psyduck:

16 Likes

Fluff vs @pengwndude
Morningstar
3_2
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibitroq:
:chibionimaru::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibipersephone::pschip::psfist::chibidegrey:
:chibisetsuki::psfist::pschip::chibidegrey:
:chibisetsuki::psfist::pschip::chibizane:

The spectators got to witness the slowest ever Setsuki game in Game 5 @CKR.

Ggs.

7 Likes

No this is the grappler triangle :argagarg::bbb::degrey::geiger::gloria::grave::gwen::jaina::lum::menelker::midori::onimaru::persephone::quince::setsuki::troq::valerie::vendetta::zane: > :rook:

7 Likes

I think I see G. Panda near Quince! But, joking aside, I think Rook is alrighty! :chibirook:

1 Like

Flagstone City

Niijima-San vs vengefulpickle

Midori => Rook
Midori => Setsuki
Midori => Setsuki

Honorable combat concluded.

5 Likes

:rook::pschip::psfist::midori:

The closest game of the set, I was full of sweaty palms and racing heart as a sat at 1 health and managed to ding @Niijima-san down to 8 (I think?) before he closed it out.

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::midori:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::midori:

I switched to Setsuki, thinking that being more familiar with her would help me out, but I clearly have much to learn about that particular matchup. Got smashioed, don’t think I got Midori below 50 in either game.

Good games, though, and some helpful advice afterwards. Thanks!

7 Likes

@shamusj vs @MysticDeadman

3 - 0

I must have got lucky but I won 3-0 playing Troq for all three games.

Thanks for games @MysticDeadman

3 Likes