[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5 - Starting June 4! - Signups close Friday 6/2

I’m starting to work on setting up the Challonge round-robins. Can you let me know if your challonge username isn’t the same as your name here in the forum, so that I can add the correct people?

Here are the links to sign up:

3 Likes

It’s not super important to have people signed up on challonge, because as TO you’re going to be checking every result anyway, so may as well enter them yourself too.

1 Like

@vengefulpickle, thank you for keeping the IYL alive. This was a passion project of mine for about two years. I decided to walk away because of other obligations, but it does have a special place in my heart.

I will always fondly remember the initial conversation with Zexx to start the league. It was satisfying to the see the first season conclude because some doubted that a round robin format could be done without sputtering to a halt. It was fun to try and recruit players through the in game chat and forum conversation system.

Lastly, I enjoyed doing the IYL interviews of players that were performing well in their respective divisions, and it was immensely satisfying to hear that most of the players were happy when I conducted the end of season surveys.

I really hope the IYL will be as fun for you as it was for me. I am sure the other TOs (@Leontes, @Bryce_The_Rice, & @Corroyeur) have some fond memories as well. Good luck!

7 Likes

Don’t have the time to sign up for IYL, but I wish everyone good luck and have fun! This should be hype and I will definitely spectate some matches.

3 Likes

I’ll be spreading the dread in dreadlands! Time for this TO to show some skill!

2 Likes

Signed up for Flagstone City as TheHobusu.

2 Likes

Ah, good point. @Bryce_The_Rice, saving me again from the noob TO mistakes.

1 Like

Think of me as a consultant, but I don’t charge.

7 Likes

I’ll play. US east coast. If, like previous IYL runners you are trying to balance the divisions plug me in as a ringer.

2 Likes

Done. Welcome to the Flagstone City group.

As we get closer to actually starting games, a quick note on scheduling: If you make sure to include me in your scheduling decisions, I’ll drop your planned time onto the IYL Calendar, so that others can see it, and so that the @IntlYomiLeague account will auto-tweet right before it starts.

Per the poll at the beginning of the thread, Saturdays seems to be the most popular night to try and focus games on, so let’s do our best to schedule games then, so that @Leontes and @MadKing can have a consistent time to stream (assuming they’re still planning on doing that), and so that we can get maximum HYPE for all of your games!

1 Like

(Consultant advice)
As TO, you should start all of the scheduling conversations yourself (or at least, one TO).
This allows you to see the conversation in its entirety, in case you need to make a ruling, and also so you can poke people if they’re being slow.
For matches involving a TO, include another TO in the conversation for transparency.

I also recommend having all participants be registered and schedule on these forums, to keep it centralised and easier for you to manage.

I like the idea of the calendar for streamers though. That’s a good one.

4 Likes

Now that I think about it, in all seriousness, if you want me to help out I can.
I just don’t want to play in it.

4 Likes

The PARAGON of HELPFULNESS!

Ah, interesting, I hadn’t considered just starting those convos myself. Good idea.

I’ll definitely take you up on being a co-TO. @Zqxx will probably attest that I’ve mostly been driving things myself, but certainly as I stare down the barrel of setting up ~20 scheduling conversation threads a week, having some extra hands starts to sound very nice. =)

@Fluffiness: I think your sister is the only person not yet signed up on these forums. Can you give her a nudge to create an account, or tell me what it is?

I’ll nudge her.

1 Like

I’ll play :smiley:

3 Likes

Cool! What time one are you in/what hours can you play?

I’ll sign up!

My most common open time window is 10pm-2am EST (sorry, i’d convert for you but I’m on my phone)

Thanks!

2 Likes

Excellent. I’ll put you in once I get back to a computer and can rejiggering the groups.