[Yomi Tournament] IYL 5 - Starting June 4! - Signups close Friday 6/2

Just a reminder, folks: Having your timezone is helpful for grouping you with people that you’ll be able to play easily, but even better would be an actual time range (either as local time, or as UTC), so that we can get tighter groupings.

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THIS WAS HAPPENING?

Preferred time: 7am-2pm UTC

5 Likes

BECAUSE ONE OF US ACTUALLY WANTED TO WIN THIS TIME!

And I can apparently have my post ?blocked? because “Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?”

WTF?

2 Likes

I’m in, and I don’t mind being dropped from the roster if timing doesn’t work out. My best available range is UTC 0500 to 0700 on weekdays. (For better or worse, evening demands on my time are pretty consistent.) Thanks for organizing!

2 Likes

It doesn’t allow all caps posts.

2 Likes

Glad to see you join! =)

The forum software is terrible.

2 Likes

I don’t know now, the forum software has made me be creative and sparing with my shitposts.

3 Likes

The shit post meta has evolved with forum patch 2.0

2 Likes

I think shit posts were just fine before grumbles

I can’t respond with a terse “no” anymore.

1 Like

You can :smile_cat:

But not without smileys !

3 Likes

I would suggest moving towards getting this started. It looks like you have the majority of your sign-ups.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I had tentatively published that we’d start in July, but I’ll get moving on getting folks into groups, and then if people are ready, we can kick the season off early.

One of the most important keys to a successful tournament is maintain momentum and hype.
It’s up to you to make that happen!

2 Likes

I just posted to /r/boardgames to see if I could scare up some more players (trying to grow that community!), but I’m also getting the process underway of grouping folks up.

If you have a more specific time than just your timezone that you’d like me to use to group you, let me know ASAP! I’ll be posting group assignments soon, so that you can see what kind of competition you’re up against!

@Attilian, @Castanietzsche, @ClanNatioy, @SouthpawHare: Do you folks have any preferred times to play?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to get back with my times.

I’m in Pacific time but can do mornings some days and evenings other days. So pairing me up with other Pacific time or within 3 hours of that time would be fine.

Awesome, will do!

More scheduling nudges:

A bunch of players have only given me their timezones. For those of you in that category, I’m going to assume 7pm - 11pm local time for you is a good time to play, and convert to UTC accordingly.

EDT (2300 - 0300 UTC):

• CKR
  • mysticjuicer
  • pengwndude
  • scymrian
  • MadKing
  • mydrothers

CDT Players (0000 - 0400 UTC):

• flagrantangles
  • Hydro

MDT Players (0100 - 0500 UTC):

• Chase

PST Players (0200 - 0600 UTC):

• Leontes
  • tcby
  • Fusxfaranto
  • sharpobject
  • Zqxx

UTC+8 (0300 - 0700 UTC):

• HarryBModest

GMT (1900 - 2300 UTC):

• BD_Corro
  • shamusj
  • Caralad

Separately, @CloudCuckooCountry and @ThreeHeadedMonkey, you guys are a bit of the odd ones out (your times don’t really overlap much with everyone else). Would it be easier to play earlier than your range, or later?

If those times are going to be tricky for you to manage, please let me know ASAP, cause we’re gonna get this thing going!

1 Like

I prefer evening times on weekdays, Eastern US Time.

…although I’m unemployed, so I can actually play literally any time ever.

1 Like