[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

Look, I keep telling you, two crowns just aren’t in the budget, okay?

3 Likes

@Chase and @Shax please don’t forget to schedule your matches this week!

MVashM vs Jude
4-1
:jaina::psfist::pschip::midori:
:jaina::pschip::psfist::midori:

it usually comes down to the last turn. very difficult choices. ggs.

6 Likes

Zqxx v @neigutten
4-1

:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:

Further evidence that 19XX!Zqxx and Not Dead Yet!Zqxx are not the same player.

Good games!

6 Likes

I was not able to get a hold with Persephone, and don’t have enough life to deal with the hex. I think I probably would have had the last match if I didn’t do that weird Rook Armor thing where I didn’t have a combo, but by then my decision fatigue was way high anyway so I probably wouldn’t have done a reverse ocv.

GG! Your downback was better than mine :wink:

3 Likes

BD_Corro vs FourLiberties

BD_Corro wins 4-1

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::lum:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::lum:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::lum:
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::grave:

many jokers were drawn by FL, never enough though. GGs!

5 Likes

Leontes vs. Castanietzche

Leontes wins 4-1

:midori::knockdown::psfist::quince:
:midori::psfist::knockdown::quince:
:midori::psfist::knockdown::bbb:

GGs! Thoroughly mixed up by Quincy the first game, got some decent plays in the second time. I have a lot of BBB knowledge so I put it to the test in this set!

GL to @Castanietzsche in future events! Time to start trudging through the Loser’s bracket killers!

6 Likes

wowarlok vs @Ralphile

wowarlok wins 4-1

:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :menelker:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:

Very tense set with a super close mirror match at the end.
GGs @Ralphile.

5 Likes

Woo first time I see a counterpick to Arg with Onimaru :smiley:
Esprit chevaleresque \o/

2 Likes

Yeah, that last one was a nail-biter! :open_mouth: Well played @wowarlok and good luck for next round!

3 Likes

Zejety 4-3 @Attilian
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::grave: Was afraid of Qs that Attilian never drew. IIRC, I’ve dealt damage with two AAAs and one AA in this round (or maybe round 2?)
:gwen::psfist::knockdown::grave: I think this one was pretty close? The first two matches kind of blur into each other in my memory.
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::grave: The round of neverending Qs and As. When Grave starts fetching Queens by playing Queens, Gwen knows she is in trouble.
:argagarg::psfist::knockdown::grave: Starting the 19xx carousel! Lost my first BS early but kept a second one up long enough to finish the game with an AA into BS lethal.
:argagarg::knockdown::psfist::gloria: The carousel keeps turning. This was a big stomp. Attilian’s Gloria is scary!
:rook::knockdown::psfist::gloria: My own counter pick didn’t pay off immediately. To be honest, I was trusting the M-U numbers here despite not having much experience with this match up. Did not block enough and ended up wirth a small hand. Atillian also dropped low at one point, but that was due to actually converting cards into damage. Throw into AA was what pretty much sealed the deal for me.
:rook::psfist::knockdown::gloria: Few hearts cards for Atillian as well as conscientious blocking helped me win this. The swinginess of a successful CMB (!) made this match look pretty stomp-y, but that’s CMB for you.

GGs

4 Likes

GGs @Zejety!

This set was fun and stressful.

Thanks to @flagrantangles and Rockman X for helping me practice for Gwen and giving me so much useful advice. I know the result has not been impressive, but without you I would have been worse! :psyduck:

4 Likes

CKR over @mysticjuicer 4-2

All :chibisetsuki: vs :chibigloria:

ggs, MJ. Battling you is always fun. I thought for sure you was going to get me this time. I have been watching some of your videos. Your understanding of Yomi is sound. We will meet again.

4 Likes

Yeah, good games. Close but no cigar this time. Hope we play again soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Shax vs @FaceOnMars shax wins 4-2!
:persephone::pschip::psfist::vendetta: uhhg I hate vendetta. This went okayish until that point about halfway where everything went wrong.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta: Now I’m faster at everything.
:valerie::psfist::fearful::vendetta: perfect! last two turns were punching throws and praying to the topdeck for damage.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::vendetta: Here I eat AAA at exactly 36 hp.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta: Here I draw all four 10s early and never get to use them as an ability for the rest of the game. I end up powering up two to threaten A.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::vendetta: I think it’s worth mentioning that @FaceOnMars has an uncanny ability to land raw K throws. Ends with AA vs K attack during acrobatics slow turn.

3 Likes

FaceOnMars vs. @Shax

:chibivendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :chibipersephone:
:chibivendetta: :pschip: :psfist: :chibivalerie:

At this point I switched to my Valerie countertpick.

:chibivendetta: :psfist: :pschip: :chibivalerie:

Good games Shax. Enjoyable Set.
At some point I need to learn to win more though.

2 Likes

migohunter has dropped out of the tourney due to real life commitments - Bob199 advances in the lower bracket.

1 Like

PingWarrior advances over Chase as the latter did not reply to the scheduling conversation.

1 Like

My bad! GL to all still in

1 Like

Corroyeur has dropped out of the event due to real life commitments. lettucemode advances. Hope things settle down for you Corroyeur!

1 Like