[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

some mus like the one you vs migo where a coin toss (like me vs leontes today).
Grats on you win! I still managed to get everytging right buy you and @mysticjuicer.
Still remarkable, i’d say.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d say 14 out of 16 isn’t bad. Also, you were correct on the coin flip aspect of my match with migohunter. I barely survived that match, and I needed a little luck to come back from 3-1.

I must admit that I used your prediction swagger to motivate myself. Sports teams use this kind of thing all the time. Teams will look at what people are saying about them and play the nobody believes in us card to hype themselves up. For that, I thank you @Legion.

4 Likes

Sorry about messing up your bracket @Legion, I promise you I at least made it close. : )

3 Likes

Maybe I should play argagarg to mess up the character win rate hmmmm

2 Likes
3 Likes

My favorite MU!

1 Like

For Layman's eyes only

To the left, the red eye of Sauron (dark lord of mordor). To the right the blue eye of Celebrimbor (bright lord of mordor)

19XX W2: Legion vs @Leontes

I win 4-1

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: H expects me to preemp cp his midori with oni. Preemps my grave to no avail.
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :midori: Gutsy throw grabs me the win
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :midori: 3rd match still at 0 overall jokers. here i needed them, they did not need me tho :’(
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :midori: Oni rushes in for some dragon sirloin with green pepper sauce. Master Chef of the year
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg: The fish comes back, the chef greets him as he platters for sashimi

GGs mate. Was very fun fighting you, as always :wink:
As W2 begins, the Bright and Dark Lord nails another prediction!

6 Likes

Very well played. One step ahead of me in all situations! The game I blocked TPoS I lost, the game I got hit by it I won ¯_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

E U B O I S on fleek! #squadgoals

3 Likes

Yo yo yo yo yo, CCC is BAAAAAAAACK with a win. Took me long enough.

CCC vs. flagrantangles

ROUND 1: :argagarg: < :quince:

Brought it to the wire, but Quince proved to be a DIRTY LIAR and drew such LYING CARDS.

ROUND 2: :valerie: > :quince:

Was in control of this game. Comfortable win.

ROUND 3: :valerie: < :rook:

This is not a fun matchup for Val.

ROUND 4: :bbb: > :rook:

BBB walks right over Rook’s puny face. Then I accidentally miscounted lethal damage and pumped a Q with a Joker. The game then lasted another 5 turns, but I still won.

ROUND 5: :bbb: < :gwen:

Gwen walks right over BBB’s face. Didn’t land a surprise range and couldn’t win combat enough times in neutral to get momentum.

:valerie: > :gwen:

Battle of the combo breakers.

:valerie: > :rook:

Rook has a strong opener with throw into throw into King throw, taking advantage of me drawing a hand full of SLOW THROWS and LOW NORMALS in my opening hand. I powerup three of my throws, then for 12 turns in the midgame, I had 0 throws in a 9+ card hand and so just repeatedly put Aces and Queens and fast normals on the table until they landed. Rook brought me to 5 health, but I was able to clutch it out with two Val dodges in a row to end the game.

8 Likes

thehug0naut vs @UTRALAW

:rook::pschip::psfist::argagarg: Ugh this matchup is unpleasant from the Rook side. Still suffering mental anguish from my MSS finals vs @FraaOrolo I drop my spaghetti all over the shop and need to switch out.
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg: My new boi quince proves sufficient to overcome the hellfish rather handily
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I get beat up a lot (with no Qs in sight!) then get in with 3HP left and put sets in the SPIN CYCLE
:quince::pschip::psfist::setsuki: Sets finally finds her Qs at the death of the game as things are looking grim, then pulls off a magic pixel win!
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: Very tense game, but I sense him succumbing to the many, many lies I tell
:quince::psfist::pschip::setsuki: I have known joker from a flip that gives me free reign to play really risky in neutral for the big damages and close the set in style

thehug0naut wins 4-2! GGs @UTRALAW good luck in the lower bracket!

P.s. @Legion I have spilled coffee all over your death star plans :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Castanietzsche vs @MysticDeadman
:jaina::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:jaina::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
:codexjaina::psfist::pschip::codexonimaru:
:chibijaina::psfist::pschip::chibigwen:

GGs, thanks for the matchs ! :smile_cat:

6 Likes

@Castanietzsche
Teach me master
:jaina:

5 Likes

Southpaw Hare vs @Phrawger

:rook: > :midori:
:rook: > :midori: :psgem:CMB Finish!:psgem:
:rook: < :midori:
:bbb: < :midori:
:gloria: > :midori: :psgem:SaM + Dragon Mountain Clash Victory!:psgem:
:gloria: > :midori: :psgem:SaM + Overdose Quad Ace Finish!:psgem:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 2 Phrawger
Southpaw Hare wins!

5 Likes

Copper 4 - 2 Jonny D

:menelker::psfist::pschip::quince:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::gwen:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:menelker::pschip::psfist::gloria:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::gloria:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::vendetta:

He RNG’d his characters, I drew Q, A, and Joker like mad

9 Likes

JonnyD played 6 DPs and hit 2.
Copper played 14 DPs and hit 9.
The lesson to be learned is clear.

9 Likes

play more menelker

9 Likes
4 Likes

And as promised in the video.

This is for you, copper!

2 Likes

I didn’t count myself, but I didn’t need see or hear you note:
My second DP (it was red) against Quince game one.
My second to last DP in the second Gloria game.
Also I blocked two Gloria Queens I’m not sure you counted.

Basically the DPs were even stronger in my favor.

2 Likes