[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

You busted my fantasybracket! MysticJuicer for Topanda season 3!

4 Likes

It was a harrowing, delightful set! I was worried in the beginning since I wasn’t having any luck against Arg. T^T. Then I switched to Rook because I actually like that matchup. Unfortunately, time worked against me and I couldn’t quite eke out the win. Feeling refreshed, I moseyed on back to my main man Quince. We did alright and won 2 matches and then we CRUSHED the 6th match. I got some #nicedraws. For the final match, I did pretty damned poorly in the beginning but then I started to get my groove on. I went for lethal twice and it was jokered twice. After that I was functionally checkmated. I had a joker and 6 in hand. I threw out the joker and it hit bubble shield which sealed my fate. Without a throw in hand there was basically nothing I could do. :frowning: Oh well, the games were super fun and I’m glad I was able to get some of a runback. #REDEMPTION

6 Likes

UTRALAW vs Ralphile

UtraLaw Wins 4-2

:chibivalerie::pschip::psfist::menelker:
I started with what seem like a nice hand but quickly got dismember by all of Ralphile throws
:chibivalerie::pschip::psfist::menelker:
Had to reply this match again after my dumb internet went out but seem like Ralphile had my number as i was out think and played in both match
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::menelker:
Decided i had one more lost in the bank before i had to lock in any choices so went with Oni turns out 70 health is not something u want to have against Oni who knew :stuck_out_tongue:
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::chibionimaru:
Here we have the sick counter pick of countering Oni with Oni!
:chibionimaru::psfist::pschip::onimaru:
Soooo many clashes of similar played card back and forth. This game came down to the wired 6-8 health both side
:onimaru::psfist::pschip::menelker:
After getting 7 and 10’s all over the place in game one and two was ready for them this time around!

GGS Ralphile good luck in your coming matching! thanks again for being so understanding about my lateness and for the drop game.

6 Likes

It was a pleasure UtraLaw - the better player definitely won out in the end. Good luck with next round! :+1:

5 Likes

u have 2 oni mirrors instead of 1! also grats on the win, just as I predicted!

1 Like

Now if only Mysicjuicer would fall into line and quit missing with people prediction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

srsly, no pressure, but i want u to win against hugo # personalfeud

i also have a small bone to pick with Hugo as i need payback for the lose to him in the MSS kickoff tournament :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Sorry for my delayed response, I’ve been ill.

@Legion pm me with times you can play. My schedule is wide open the next few days.

1 Like

there is already a conversation open, with me, u and MJ

1 Like

Southpaw Hare vs @MysticDeadman

:bbb: :psfist: v :pschip: :gwen:
:bbb: :psfist: v :pschip: :gwen:
:bbb: :pschip: v :psfist: :bbb:
:gloria: :pschip: v :psfist: :bbb:
:vendetta: :psfist: v :pschip: :bbb:
:vendetta: :psfist: v :pschip: :gwen:

Southpaw Hare 4 - 2 MysticDeadman
Southpaw Hare wins!

Impressive ability to learn BBB on the fly!

5 Likes

After going down 2 games to none with best gal, I felt like I needed to do something that was just fun. It’s why I came back to the game after all. So, I literally said “f*** it” and played the 3B mirror.
Turns out I can learn a character mid match. Once he switched to Ven, though, I figured I’d give Gwen one more go.

Better luck next time.

GGs d00d, and good luck the rest of the way!

5 Likes

Copper8642 Versus Lettucemode

:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:

4-2 Copper victory

Overall they were good games where we both played well I feel; he was a little too scared of Q and I tended to feel a little too safe blocking, and we both took advantage of the opposing player’s tendencies. He just happened to lose the combats that involved getting hit by DSD or eating a Bonecracker on a weak hand. Still, well played!

4 Likes

@SouthpawHare @Copper8642 just another 2 bricks in my prediction wall. :smiley:
@mysticjuicer why not declaring me champion already? (i am joking)
Mwahahahaaha! :imp:

Playing a few games to practice for my match tomorrow, with heavy commentary Twitch

3 Likes

Usually people say “good luck with the rest” when they themselves are already out, but I hope you noticed that this is double-elimination. You’re still in “the rest” as well, at least for the moment.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve always said that, even in double-elimination. I’m not likely to see my opponent again unless I do well after that game, so I wish them luck regardless.

2 Likes

Round 1 @BD_Corro vs @MVashM

BD Corro wins 4-1

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::jaina:
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::jaina:

ggs you did pretty well for being so new to the game, I’m sure you’ll do well if you stick with it and if you wanna talk/practice jaina feel free to hit me up

6 Likes

Dance, dance my puppets! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

@JonnyD vs @Corroyeur

JonnyD wins 4-1

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :midori: - Grindy game.
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :midori: - Had to guess he didn’t have dQ so I managed to duff FDB
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :rook: - copper special
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :rook:- I got 10 Duffed :frowning:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :rook: - I almost got CMB’d, but low hand rook. :frowning:

well played @Corroyeur always a pleasure! :slight_smile:

5 Likes