[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

also i just realized that’s not me @ number 1 since I didn’t bother to predict. Suxitz.

2 Likes

ggs Copper

Unfamiliarity with your playstyle ended up ruining me, but you won’t have that advantage next time.

#YOU PLAY GOOD

#NOW WIN

#CARRY THE HYPE TO THE END

7 Likes

Copper 4 - 3 lettucemode

:menelker::pschip::psfist::onimaru:
:menelker::psfist::pschip::onimaru:

Game 1 I think the only damage I landed was the 6 chip on a slow J. After that, I alternated between “DP ALL THE TIME” and “HAHA I USE THROWS NOW” to varied success. He wasn’t afraid to close out games by hitting me with the level 1 Yomi “yes I will Final Authority you” and I wasn’t afraid to desperately throw out DSD.
Game 7 came down to 8 health Onimaru and 2 health Menelker, he threw, I used slow J.
GGs, could have gone either way that last combat.

9 Likes

I died to give you your power to become the ultimate menelker.

we all have died.

summon our q power.

Q_Q

6 Likes

“Game 7 came down to 8 health Onimaru and 2 health Menelker, he threw, I used slow J.”

#BOLD SLOW ATTACKS

#CCC APPROVED PLAY

#“THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD SLOW ATTACK.” - CONFUCIUS OR SOME SHIT

8 Likes

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

11AM PDT / 7PM BST

Copper8642 versus hug0naut

Loser’s Finals!

Be there and be chat-loud!

7 Likes

Copper 4 - 1 hug0naut

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:

Game one I’m behind all game, but I barely get him below 55 by the time he gets me to 2. Power up for AAAA, play AAAA. Desperate Strike Dragon indeed.
I get an almost honest victory game 2, and then Game 3 is a repeat of Game 1, down to me having 2 health.
Game 4 I lose in about 5 or 6 turns I think? He gets me to 30, dodges into silent AAA.
Game 5 I play for DSD again and get duffed TWICE, but my hand keep aligning to keep me alive (draw 8 the turn he tries to kill me with K spin, have a hand of 2346 and draw the 5 off of the 2 normal draw), and I win the final turn that was basically a 50-50.

Good games to hug0naut, lots of fun, bamboozled me with his honesty.

Never been in Grand Finals before. HYPE!

8 Likes

Hello my name is Jonny D and I have interviewed Grand Finalist @Copper8642 for the grand finals.

13 Likes

Jonny “the most trusted name in eSports” D

7 Likes
7 Likes

I’m so proud of this guy. He nearly never got into yomi, but I pulled him back and he’s kicking ass with one of my favourite characters.
Keep on rocking.

6 Likes

<3
I bought Yomi, played a few months, and then dropped from IYL when my life got really stressful for a few months.
But I’m back, baby!

6 Likes

And better than ever!

2 Likes

Incidentally, for those following the event, due to time zone differences nad scheduling issues between the finalists and myself, the grand finals will be played April 29th or 30th. Gotta get that on tape.

In heartening news, since there are no other events currently occurring or planned, afaik, I’ll be starting up the next 19XX event shortly after grand finals. In the meantime, if you participated and have any feedback, comments, or suggestions let me know.

6 Likes

Yay! I can’t make the next NFTT, so I was hoping 19XX would run again soon.

4 Likes

Awesome!

I’ll be in for the next 19XX.

Although I can’t play Zane so I gotta pick a new main…

3 Likes

GRAND FINALS

BD Corro vs Copper8642

Battle of the Qs
Q hard or Q home
The Fate of two Qs

scheduled for Saturday at 12:00 pacific time

GET HYPE

5 Likes

I have returned. Go Corro!

3 Likes

24 hours until grands!

Go me!

2 Likes

Will someone be casting this live? I might take my laptop and let the folks at my local card club watch if it does get cast…

2 Likes