[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

What do you mean? I still rep Orange Rook…

5 Likes

lettucemode 4-1 bob199

:onimaru: > :argagarg:
:onimaru: < :argagarg:
:vendetta: > :argagarg:
:vendetta: > :gloria:
:vendetta: > :menelker:

I was expecting this to be all Onimaru - Persephone like the last time Bob and I played, and was dreading it because I got totally smoked back then. This turned out quite different though! It had a wacky ending too: Menelker’s 10 throw beats Vendetta’s K throw, follow up with A to leave Vendetta at 1hp. Menelker powers up for black Q, both players with 3 cards in hand. Next combat: dodge/dodge. Next combat: dodge/black Q, follow up with throw. Next combat: 5 attack crosses up 6, topdeck a Q for 5 Q 5 combo for lethal.

GGs bob numbers, always a pleasure. Hope you’re doing well on the other side of the world.

4 Likes

copper advances over CKR due to scheduling issues.

#Round 3 Cumulative Stats Round-Up

###Round 3: Most Popular Characters

###Round 3: Most Victorious Characters

It seems like the Argagarg nerfs have been patched in, at last.

(Note: this excludes the results of the set between lettucemode and Bob199, as that was a round 4 match.)

4 Likes
3 Likes

Setsuki is in the Top 3 of both lists. Anyone surprised?

3 Likes

As a contributor to that Setsuki winrate, I formally apologize for not counterpicking her when I had the chance.

Attilian :ps4gem: - :ps2gem: @Leontes
in Losers Bracket

:grave: :pscrash: :pschip: :midori:
:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :midori:
:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :midori:

Leontes mentioned early how powerful Martial Mastery is in this MU and it certainly proved true all the way through. So often Dragon Form just loses its threat when you can see what Midori does and doesn’t have.

Game 4 I derped to victory. Even though I was on 17 health and he had known Wrath of Earth, I still attacked with my King when I had lethal Tpos plus a Joker in hand. Luckily the K landed and I then played the correct move next turn.

Game 5 finished with Tpos clash with WoE, which feels like a suitably dramatic finish to what was a fun set.

We had a good chat afterwards and, as always, Leontes’s thoughts on the game were great reading.

Ggs and I hope to see you again soon!

7 Likes

lettucemode 4-0 Southpaw Hare
:onimaru: > :rook:
:onimaru: > :vendetta:
:onimaru: > :vendetta:
:onimaru: > :argagarg:

Not much exciting happened the first three games, but the last one was definitely a nail biter. I was down to 6hp and ~7 cards, SPH was at 40hp, and I had to throw three times in a row to win. Luckily I had drawn that many throws and SPH played safe, so it worked out.

GGs again SPH, thanks for the set.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot that in game 2 I was comfortably ahead, until I got hit with KJ+++ and then AAA. That was pretty hype.

3 Likes

Shax vs @Phrawger shax wins 4-0!
:valerie::psfist::pschip::midori: So I draw a few tens, some throws and not enough normals for a straight on the first turn. Blegh! But I really don’t want to be thrown and since I don’t know what he will do I just poke him. Two empty 2 pokes into K throws later and my hand continues to be crazy throw heavy without followup and I suspect he is aggressive. I play topdeck hero with any decent attacks I draw until my hand develops then hit him with all the damage that built up. one or two clutch blocks too. Ultimately it was kinda close with a nice BoS vs Glimpse K showdown that he won.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::onimaru: Orange rook comes out and I play an aggressive anti-gaurd crush anti 5 attack range that worked out. I get dodge spam heavy at the end to close it out.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::midori: This was a close game where I get down to 11 hp. I start stupidly aggressive and get myself stuck in a nearly all red hand. Some topdeck/lowhand messy plays later and I emerge with a decent hand and depleted hp. Poke FDB.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::midori: I get him really low while still at high hp and I draw both jokers. I then abusively spam throws until he flinches.

Respect and GG!

5 Likes

mysticjuicer 2 - 4 CloudCuckooCountry

:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :bbb:

ggs wp - I played way too impatient and got punished for it

3 Likes

#CCC vs TOURNAMENT MASTER MJ

:argagarg: > :gloria:

Gloria was courteous enough to do half the damage needed herself. She gets big sloppy fish kisses. Arg dances on her unconscious body.

http://pre00.deviantart.net/eace/th/pre/i/2017/013/d/f/fishman_dance_commission_by_dragonfoxgirl-dabypry.png

:argagarg: < :gloria:

Argagarg looks to almost take game 2, but Gloria uses performance enhancing drugs and bats him to the finish line.

:gwen: > :gloria:

Gwen shows up and SPEEDS to victory through the overdoses.

:gwen: > :midori:

Gwen draws save the day with a sneaky second joker to avoid lethal damage. #GWENMETA2017

:gwen: < :midori:

Midori stomps on Gwen’s puny face.

:bbb: > :midori:

Midori wrecks shop in the early game, but runs out of resources and then BBB piledrives him from a distance.

#:codexrook: JUICER Y U NO PLAY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

9 Likes

I’d rather not go 0-4, sorry bud!

7 Likes

#Round 4 Cumulative Stats Round-Up (Plus A Round 5 Match)

##Round 4: Most Popular Characters

##Round 4: Most Victorious Characters

Argagarg definitively nerfed; no longer meta-relevant in 19XX. Valerie, Menelker, Grave confirmed better than Setsuki. Everyone update your tier lists.

7 Likes

I’m confused at how popular Midori is in this event. He has yet to brake the 50% barrier (at least this has been true for the last 3 weeks. Not going back through all 214 posts) but he continues to be the most played character week after week. What’s the story?

3 Likes

Midori is hella cool yo

3 Likes

Phrawger and Leontes both going mono-Midori will up the numbers. I don’t think anyone else is solo’ing a character.

1 Like

#CCC vs ZEJETY: THE DESTINY BATTLE

4-3 CCC wins

:gwen: > :gwen: THE GWEN SHOWDOWN
:gwen: < :grave: THE CAROUSEL BEGINS
:argagarg: > :grave: THE CAROUSEL CONTINUES
:argagarg: < :rook: WHAT A THRILLING RIDE I AM HAVING ON THIS CAROUSEL
:bbb: > :rook: OH WHAT A LOVELY CAROUSEL
:bbb: < :gwen: OH MY GOD HOW LONG IS THIS CAROUSEL
:argagarg: > :gwen: I WANT OFF THIS CAROUSEL

#GWENMETA2017

#SLIPPERYFISHY

#ROBOHYPE

#19XX HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

8 Likes

I have to drop from this tourney, too much IRL shit going on. Sorry, @mysticjuicer
(i mean do not put me in the loser bracket i drop for good).
@thehug0naut victory is yours good luck, hope u win the tourney.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear, but there is no need to apologize at all. Thank you for letting me know.

3 Likes