[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

#Round 2 Cumulative Stats Round-up

###Round 2: Most Popular Characters

###Round 2: Most Victorious Characters

(here is the link to the Round 1 Stats Round-up)

Summary

p e r s e p h o n

6 Likes

p e r s e p h o n

You misspelled Penelope

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re talking about. :wink:

1 Like

When :menelker: takes away :argagarg:'s rightful place as the most victorious character in the meta!!!

:angry: :psfist: :psfist: :psfist:

You will be overthrown!!!

11 Likes

I’m sorry for doing so poorly with the mistress!

2 Likes

Looks like Arg is exalting Menelker with all his might, and Menelker just chilling like “this is an adequate amount of praise, thank you.”

5 Likes

Bob199 4:1 UTRALAW

:valerie: OOXOO :codexargagarg:

ggs

3 Likes

W3: Legion vs @Zejety

I win 4-2

:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:valerie: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:valerie: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:

Every game was really close and tense. Sadly R2 due to my bad attitude+not getting a joker for the life of me i got edgy.

Sorry again, mate.
It was a pleasure and an honour to fite ya.

3 Likes

Shax vs @FourLiberties shax wins 4-2!
:persephone::pschip::psfist::grave: this started badly. I mean, I did knock him down a ton and loop like 6 tens which is mean, but I wasn’t drawing any damage! I eat TPotS and he takes this game with 62 health left.
:persephone::psfist::pschip::grave: Much more standard Perse stuff here
:persephone::psfist::pschip::grave: I go for a risky damage based MC turn knowing full well his hand is stocked full of Qs and As.
:persephone::psfist::pschip::valerie: some low hand scrabbling eventually pays off with a topdeck ace and gutsy 9 throw for 23 damage.
:persephone::pschip::psfist::valerie: Another close scramble but this time he nails a mixup normal.
:grave::psfist::pschip::valerie: back to back throw>A gives me a nice lead that I almost manage to squander because val got a scary neutral game.

Respect and GGs!

5 Likes

thehug0naut vs @Zqxx
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg:
:quince::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:quince::pschip::psfist::argagarg:

thehug0naut wins 4-2!

I am working on my Quince at the moment so was pleased to see some decent Arg numbers recently posted by my opponent - Quince definitely has the edge in this matchup. That said @Zqxx did not make it easy for me and I was tense all set.

Although its mostly blended into one long spin cycle, I distinctly recall being put on tilt during his 2nd win when he dramatically shifted his range with bubbleshield up. Thankfully for me I managed to recover for the following games and my whirlpool of deceit dragged the fish under, and he did not resurface.

GGs sir, good luck in the lower bracket!

5 Likes

Round 3

@BD_Corro vs @SouthpawHare

BD Corro wins 4-2

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::gloria: - Pretty standard back and forth, close game but ultimately he gets the better of me
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::gloria: - I get a lot more aggressive with throws in this game and it works out well, I close it out with a 7 counterthrow at a decent life lead
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::rook: - Opening hand I get all four of my 10s, which kinda sucks but I turn them into aces and try to convert them into damage but struggle because I have no throws, obv my own fault, I get him down to half health before he gets a few hits in but I manage to bluff him out of getting value on a successful rock armour and close the match out pretty convincingly
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::rook: - I get a strong early game bringing him down to half life, meanwhile he hits me with a K leaving me at 55, he then powers up for 2 aces and socks me with a 5 attack which he mysteriously doesn’t followup, I spend the next turn considering whether I should throw him or go for a conservative dodge when suddenly right before I commit to a throw all the numbers start to add up in my head and I realise exactly what he’s going for THEN I MAKE THE SINGLE GREATEST READ OF MY YOMI CAREER and call out the CMB so hard that the next Rook wannabe is gonna feel it, The game ends in standard back and forth, I come out on top
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::midori: - Good draws and Excellent decisions lead to an absolute landslide victory for SPH easily the most one-sided match in the set
:quince::psfist::pschip::midori: - Incredibly tense game that came right down to the wire with massive reads being thrown around by both of us and some absolutely critical end game jokers and several turns spent with both of us one hit away from death with both dragon form and patriot mirror online lead to an insanely tense end game that closed with a Q duffing FDB

GGS as always

A very enjoyable set with some very close matches, I can’t reiterate enough how close I was to getting CMB’d and the final game was just crazy

4 Likes

Phrawger 4 :: Ping Warrior 3

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: I felt bad about subjecting Ping to more Midori matches but also, I didn’t.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone: I may have start to feel a little bad here.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: See the genius of the Mid Perse fight is that you can’t abuse mind control if your opponent never gets good draws.
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: Pretty sure I got lucky here.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone: At some point during this game we both lost our damn minds. We loved it.
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :persephone: Just good ol’ fashioned Got. I may have gotten desperate.
:gwen: :psfist: :pschip: :persephone: Now this might look like a counterpick until you balance the fact that I’ve never played Gwen. That didn’t slow me down terribly.

Ping Warrior is both a gentleman and a scholar and got me cleanly as many times as I got him. Tons of fun and GGs.

7 Likes

You tease! Tell daddy all the juicy deets, what was the damage, how many cards did you use, how hard will the next rook feel it!?!?!?!

2 Likes

Attilian :ps4gem: - :psgem: @MVashM

:codexgrave: :pscrash::pschip: :codexjaina:

In game 3 I bluffed a blue burst on his Red Dragon hit, when he had the other three aces in discard - sometimes you just have to be extra cautious.

ggs MVashM! I hope to see you again soon.

6 Likes

Triple CCCCCCCCCCCCC vs. Triple DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Jonny Mr.

4-2 THE SET OF MENELKER

:menelker: CRACK’N BONES > :gloria:
:menelker: WRECK’N HANDS > :persephone:
:menelker: RANDOM DSD’N > :bbb: OUTTA NOWHERE
:menelker: < RIP :menelker: TRULY WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES
:onimaru: < WHERE FACE CARDS :menelker: NO GUARD CRUSH
:gwen: GWEN META 2017 > :menelker:

ggs well played Jonny “Jonny D” D Jonny D

7 Likes

Well played dude. I’ve always enjoyed spectating your games cause you’re so damn entertaining. Was a very fun set to play and I’m kinda glad this is the way I got taken out. :wink:

6 Likes

lettucemode 4-3 neigutten

all :onimaru: vs :persephone:

I won the first two games. Then neigutten won the next two, one of which involved a brutal extended lockdown/checkmate. Then I won one, then he won one, and we steeled ourselves for the final game. I got off to a very good life lead early and then attached two aces. neigutten bravely took one on the chin, and then managed to stay alive for several more turns (bringing me down to under 30hp, which is a scary amount of life against Persephone) before I managed to pull off a dodge into the second attached ace for the win.

Man, it’s hard to come back from a bad start against Persephone, at least as Onimaru it seems. Getting hit with early As or playing my lone reversal at the wrong time is pretty difficult to return from. Not that I wish to take anything away from neigutten’s play with that comment, he played very well and honestly the set could have been his if one or two more 50/50s went his way.

WP neigutten, thanks again for the games and see you around.

5 Likes

Especially against Onimaru, I keep feeling, where is my damage! :stuck_out_tongue: Gg! God luck onwards ^^

1 Like

mysticjuicer 4 - 2 wowarlok

:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :gwen:
:onimaru: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:onimaru: :pschip: :psfist: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:gloria: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:

ggs wowarlok, lots of really tense moments throughout the set

4 Likes

It’s getting increasingly hard to stereotype you as a rook player.

5 Likes