[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

Legion vs @Chase

I win 4-1

:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:grave: :psfist: :pschip: :rook:
:grave: :pschip: :psfist: :onimaru:
:argagarg: :psfist: :pschip: :onimaru:

Ggs man. yet my hands were often silly, not a straight all games until the 4th.
It really was a war of attrition, and arg is the master of that :stuck_out_tongue:

@mysticjuicer everything according to prediction!!! Bow to me! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

ggs! Thanks for the challenging match! GL in the upper bracket :+1:

2 Likes

Attilian :ps4gem: - :ps2gem: @FaceOnMars

:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :vendetta:
:grave: :pscrash: :pschip: :vendetta:
:grave: :pschip: :pscrash: :vendetta:

This set felt super tense for me. FaceOnMars kept me on edge with his ace threat and throw game all the way through.

Ggs and good luck in the rest of the tournament.

6 Likes

Very fun set. I wish sometimes I could recap sets game by game like others do but I can’t. So many close and tense situations. The pain is real though.

He kept “card starving” me with Lightning Traps.
He kept discarding my Wall Dive Suplexes with his Mental Toughness.
Literally clinging to life with 3 cards in hand and he Martial Masters me in the last plays of a couple games.

Wouldn’t change a thing. Excellent fun!

Just for fun I thought I’d add that I didn’t quite finish my job in time for the match today so I played our set while on the jobsite. I installed the glass mosaic shower floor. If you look on the shower bench next to my torpedo level you can see a bloody smear.

I may lose a lot but who can question my commitment!

13 Likes

Eek! You were playing in rough conditions!

I hope you didn’t lose too much blood!

The card starving became a clear tactic for me in this set, but I realised during the set that Grave can approach this MU in a lot of ways. And he has a lot of advantages. I learned a lot from our set.

4 Likes

Ping Warrior vs. Leontes

Leontes wins 4-1

:midori::knockdown::psfist::persephone: Too scared to Dragon Buster against known MC and ended up dying. Pasta everywhere
:midori::psfist::knockdown::persephone: Started Throwing a lot more and being more aggressive in general
:midori::psfist::knockdown::persephone: Realized his hand was soft and my own wasn’t exploitable, so I didn’t play around MC at all; got hit with ineffectual MC like 4-5 times lol
:midori::psfist::knockdown::persephone: Solid play on both sides; got him to 1HP and almost dropped all my spaghetti
:midori::psfist::knockdown::persephone: Full Dragon Rage unleashed; turn 2 Dragon Form, K, K, normal throw out, continue pressure until the day was done.

Well played Ping Warrior! Glad to have a chat with you about matchup specifics afterwards as well! Keep going, Persephone is a tough character for sure.

6 Likes

Shax vs @Zejety, zejety wins 4-3!
:valerie::pschip::psfist::gwen: I seem to be having a hard tiome with gwen. Her hand is such a wildcard and everyone plays her differently(mysticdeadman almost never uses her innate but zejety often did).
:valerie::pschip::psfist::gwen: This doesn’t explain how badly this is going for me.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::gwen: but two out of three games so far were close.
:valerie::psfist::pschip::gwen: Close but i’m hitting my stride
:valerie::psfist::pschip::gwen:either this game or the next was very painful for zejety
:valerie::psfist::pschip::gwen: at this point he is probably expecting me to have 5-6 aces in my starting hand.
:valerie::pschip::psfist::gwen: very close game.

GGs!

4 Likes

Zejety beats @Shax 4-3 in a display of waifu loyalty.

:gwen::psfist::knockdown::valerie:
:gwen::knockdown::psfist::valerie:

IIRC, both of us had a single super-stompy game (I think they were 2 and 5) and all other rounds were super close.
Early Aces were my bane, Qs hitting later Aces were probably his.

GGs all around!

5 Likes

@migohunter and @Phrawger plz do not let me down. My prediction needs u!

1 Like

@Phrawger 4 : @Castanietzsche 2

:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :jaina:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :vendetta:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:midori: :pschip: :psfist: :quince:
:midori: :psfist: :pschip: :quince:

Absolutely great games, man.

4 Likes

I just saw @MysticDeadman prediction for this tournament! While I am flattered to have been picked by someone to win, reading through who I would have to beat in order to accomplish this will be ABSURD

5 Likes

son, u’d first have to beat me and that is…

1 Like

Get busy winning or get busy dying, right? :smiley:

1 Like

@thehug0naut vs @wowarlok
:rook::psfist::pschip::gwen:
:rook::pschip::psfist::gwen: Magic pixel win for Gwen!
:quince::psyduck::psfist::gwen:

@thehug0naut wins 4-2!

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this match having never played @wowarlok but when I saw Gwen I was worried as she can give Rook a lot of trouble with her monstrous J, huge damage output that makes Rock Armor fairly pointless and the ability to hit through blocks.

Despite being 2-1 up I felt after my opponents comeback to take game 3 that I should change things up, but have essentially zero experience counter picking Gwen. So in a moment of potential madness (will check the matchup charts after this) I went to Quince and almost managed to spin Gwen to submission. Sady for everyone’s favourite tyrant I got caught lying one too many times and never really recovered from it (no 2s or jokers to be seen :frowning: )

After a trip to spin city mind was restored from its earlier funk and I went back to my main golem, established a less fearful range and managed to take this very tense set.

GGs and well played @wowarlok I look forward to seeing more exciting Gweninfication from you in future!

3 Likes

GGs @thehug0naut.
I really enjoyed these tense games and, considering this was my first ever tournament set, I’m pretty happy with the result :wink:

9 Likes

CKR over @migohunter 4-3

All :chibisetsuki: vs :chibiquince:

I dedicate this victory to blowing up @Legion’s bracket.:wink:

8 Likes

And with that, the first round of the tournament is over! Thanks to everyone getting their matches scheduled and played! I’ve sent out all the round 2 conversations for the next week. GLHF!

I’ll be doing a very short stats breakdown shortly, for those who are curious what characters were played and how they did!

2 Likes

#Round 1: Most Popular Characters

#Round 1: Most Victorious Characters

Adjust your tier lists accordingly.

2 Likes

p e r s e p h o n

3 Likes

Look at Lum, he never wins, total disaster. A gambler, very unprofessional panda.
Always throwing his coins like “Bing, bing, bing”.
He needs a total reform, big changes, to make him great again.

5 Likes