[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

That’s be rad! I don’t have the internet required to stream, so I cannot. Video will go up in the evening or tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

Hm… I could try getting Yomi to run at the library and join as a spectator, but the last time I tried to open Yomi there it just never loaded. Then again, maybe not booting up the game for several months had something to do with that. Do you know anyone else who might stream it? I’d like it if they could hear some commentary, and I don’t trust my own knowledge to be good enough for that.

@Leontes or @Bryce_The_Rice might be around.

I’d stream if I k ew how to :D.

2 Likes

:pray: BD CORRO :pray:
:menelker: :gun: :setsuki:

4 Likes

Congrats to @BD_Corro on taking first place! He will be the recipient of a shiny $20 Steam giftcard, and earns the honor of naming the next 19XX tournament.

Congrats to @Copper8642 (pending name change to silver9753) on taking second place, playing mono-Menelker (monolker?).

Shoutouts as well to @thehug0naut for taking 3rd, and @lettucemode for taking 4th.

Thanks to everyone for participating! I hope people had a good time and enjoyed the format. I will probably get the next 19XX event underway by the end of May, so stay tuned! In the meantime, if anyone has any comments on the format, or how things were run, feel free to discuss the event in this thread, or to message me directly if you’d prefer.

Thanks all!

7 Likes

Also shoutouts to @Phrawger for winning the predictions! ggs!

3 Likes
5 Likes

#Tournament Overall Cumulative Stats Round-Up

#Overall: Most Popular Characters

Argagarg and Setsuki continue to be popular characters in the format, which makes a lot of sense, since some of their largest natural predators are banned. Midori has strong representation, owing to some character loyalists, and Menelker saw a big improvement based on coppers strong showing. I’m a little puzzled as to why Lum saw practically no play, but Onimaru was the 4th most popular character. Does Oni do that much better against Argagarg? Maybe it’s just a pure popularity thing.

#Overall: Most Victorious Characters

The big surprise to me here is Valerie’s incredible winrate, which we definitely did not see in Rebel 1. Expect to see more of her in Round 3, maybe? Argagarg saw diminished success, possibly just as a result of more people picking up a Gloria counterpick? I know I did! And even with the popularity of Arg, Onimaru still saw a positive winrate, which is pretty unexpected to me. I’m also not surprised to see Grave place highly - I’ve been forever surprised at how few people pick him up against Setsuki in this format.

Anyway, there you are. Update your tier lists accordingly. :wink:

8 Likes

Soooo maybe I will use my Val in the next one :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Thanks @mysticjuicer for running the tournament! :+1:
I was knocked out early on but it was still great to get some games in. I’ll be looking to improve my record in 19XX: Round 3!

2 Likes

I’m a bit late, but I have some matches that I recorded. My commentary, when present, could definitely use improvement. PLEASE ENJOY ANYWAY.

Legion and Zejety

Leontes and Castanietzche

4 Likes

Zqxx versus Neigutten

Zqxx versus thehug0naut

4 Likes

thehug0naut vs UTRALAW

4 Likes