[Yomi Tournament] 19XX: Waifu 2 - BD_Corro is CHAMPION!

His winrate is still good but it looks like if I don’t get my match scheduled, Menelker’s playrate drops like a rock.

I’m sad that MJ doesn’t think anyone else is soloing a character :frowning:

1 Like

There are two possibilities: I forgot something, or you Into Oblivion’d my memory. I know what I think is more likely. Just saying.

5 Likes

Winners Round 4

@BD_Corro vs @Copper8642

BD Corro wins 4-1

:setsuki::pschip::psfist::menelker: - I mange to get an early lead but then he DSDs me when I’m at like 54 health, very scary
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::menelker: - I get scared to throw and then I dodge way too much, unfortunately copper has sworn a sacred oath to the dp gods and is compelled to mash into them and I take the second game
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::menelker: - I get over my fear of throwing and more importantly I realise that he is scared to throw which sets the tone for the rest of the set, get it, sets
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::menelker: - I do well playing a mostly dodge throw range here, copper threatens DSD twice in this match but unfortunately for him both times I have a good attack and a joker in hand
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::menelker: - Copper continues to fail to adapt to my throw dodge range and at this point it costs him dearly, he isn’t able to build up to DSD and by the time he works up the courage to throw I immediately undercut his 7 throw with my own 7 throw and soon bring an end to the set

GGs

Big leagues here I come

7 Likes

Throwing is scary

7 Likes

Attilian :ps4gem: - :ps3gem: @CKR
in Losers Bracket

:midori: :pschip: :pscrash: :setsuki:
:midori: :pschip: :pscrash: :setsuki: Setsuki is lighting my ass up
:midori: :pscrash: :pschip: :setsuki: phew!
:midori: :pscrash: :pschip: :menelker: long time in dragon form - recur a few queens - win
:midori: :pscrash: :pschip: :menelker:
:midori: :pschip: :pscrash: :menelker: 2 throw stuffs DSD, but CKR shoves a 42 damage combo down my throat to win
:midori: :pscrash: :pschip: :menelker: throw abuse ftw

Great set CKR! It was as close as it could be. Ggs

4 Likes

Zqxx v @Shax
4-2

:argagarg::pschip::psfist::valerie:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::valerie:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::persephone:
(Here we both accidentally forget the rules of the tournament and Shax plays 1.5 games as Troq before we realize our mistake and strike those games from the record.)
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::rook:
:argagarg::psfist::psfist::persephone: DOUBLE KO!!!
:argagarg::pschip::psfist::persephone:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::persephone:

Good games! I personally had a lot of fun in these games. Shax apparently does not like fighting Argagarg, though, which makes me feel kind of bad that our accidental Troq matches as well as the double KO made him play 2.5 extra games against me… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Johnny D surpassed me on the prediction wins!

2 Likes

#CCC vs Zqxx in TOP8

:argagarg: > :argagarg: FISH
:argagarg: > :midori: FISH!!
:fish: < :midori: FISH?!
:bbb: > :midori: ROBOT
:bbb: > :gloria: ROBOT!!!

4-1

#KEEPAWAY CHARACTERS REPRESENT

#GETOVERTHERE

#READS

WHERE MY FISH BOYS AT?

#ARGAGARG IS STILL KING OF THE LOW TIERS

5 Likes

In which my pathological disdain for mirror matches along with my shallow character pool leads me to make disadvantageous counter-picking decisions that I actively know are disadvantageous.

But also, CCC very much outplayed me.

Still, I made it further in this tournament than I (or apparently anyone else, according to predictions :stuck_out_tongue: ) anticipated, so I feel good being forced out here.

Best of luck in the rest of the tournament.

6 Likes

lettucemode 4-2 Attilian
:onimaru: > :gloria:
:onimaru: < :grave:
:onimaru: < :grave:
:onimaru: > :grave:

There were some weeeiirrd discard piles in the Gloria games. I tried to keep her hand low and it worked out pretty well.
Then Attilian switched to Grave. Hooooly crap I was quakin’ in my boots by the end of game 5. Managed to not lose my cool to TPoS in the end. GGs Attilian.

3 Likes

Winners finals

@BD_Corro vs @thehug0naut

BD Corro wins 4-2

:setsuki::psfist::pschip::quince: - I open with a perfect playing what I consider my most comfortable range
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::quince: - I win the second game similar ranges similar results
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::quince: - At this point I feel he’s going to more actively try to adjust to my range so I make a needlessly big range shift toward constant attacks. he doesn’t and smacks me down hard but I suspect at this point I made him far more scared to throw throughout the rest of the set than he otherwise would have been
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::quince: - I pull back and play a more standard range with maybe a few more throws than usual mixed in, it works out
:setsuki::pschip::psfist::quince: - This one has a good bit of back and forth in it, I start with all four of my 6s in hand and immediately power them all up, but hugs was willing to just block and I never drew into the throw I needed to call it out, hugs managed to get a good lead midgame as he threatened a full consent of the governed for several turns, I got the vibe that he was determined to dodge into it so I went to call it out with a throw and ate the 30 to the face
:setsuki::psfist::pschip::quince: - This one is almost another perfect as I run him over with throw after throw until he goes for the Q one combat away from death and then immediately scores the gold burst afterwords he goes for the raw consent again but this time I’m wary of it and play more conservatively and dodge it for exact lethal with a K

GGs it was a very fun set and I hope to face you again in Grand Finals

3 Likes

Where is round 5?!

Are you waiting until the tournament is over before a new recap comes out?

I think so. At this point it’s one match a week for a couple weeks until the tournament is over, so seems overkill to do a whole breakdown for all 16 legal characters.

4 Likes
5 Likes

HA I eat duffs for breakfast

1 Like

If people are interested in spectating, CCC and Copper are planning to play their match Friday @ 6pm Pacific.

Winner will go on to play lettucemode for the rights to play thehug0naut for the rights to fight BD_Corro in grand finals!

5 Likes

:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :gwen:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:menelker: :pschip: :psfist: :grave:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :grave:
:menelker: :psfist: :pschip: :argagarg:

Game one we just kind of bash eachother back and forth until he get Gwen-Checkmated
Queue several back and forth games of him throwing me and dodging into TPOS, and me mashing that SICK Rising Dragon button. Also he duffs all my DSD attempts.
He grows weary of trying to combat DP and switches to arg, and I empty his hand and hit him with DSD for the win.
Good games, a LOT of fun to play against; talkative and funny and good at READS

6 Likes
3 Likes

What year is it?

1 Like

Its 19XX baby!

1 Like