Yomi Gameplay Videos

New players are trickling in, so maybe Yomi will have a renaissance. We can hope anyway.

2 Likes

Only Yomi v3 or Yomi 2 can revive this game, and thatā€™s all on Sirlin

2 Likes

@JonnyD vs @GutterOwl

Pretty sick semifinals match!

4 Likes

@mysticjuicer vs @mastrblastr

This video was more banter, more casual than usual but it was still a lot of fun talking shit with @JonnyD . More serious commentary for the upcoming finals!

4 Likes

IYL Finals: @JonnyD vs @mastrblastr

Like Iā€™m not trying to take away from myself or anything I think I played well, but Iā€™ll be honest this whole IYL has been God-like or consistent draws. Granted I think any IYL win takes a lot of luck just through the sheer competition this game brings out in both Round Robin + Playoff states. Thereā€™s a Community-Esque timeline where I didnā€™t beat mi-go due to my topdeck draws in Round 1 of Playoffs that I still talk to him about. XD

(ex. 29:11 - 30:02 Valerie - Zane G5 getting C&Dā€™d out of a god hand and then getting exactly what I needed anyways and a Joker from grabbing an Ace from the deck.)

The fact mastrblastr brought some of these games to the end game states is a testament to how strong of a player he is, I just happened to ā€œjust win combatā€ during 3 of those situations. Thanks for the games and the tournament.

3 Likes

I love everything about Zane except for this. He has all the tools to win without it. The bad thing is that many times both players build a monster hand, and Zane can take yours away on any combat win. It really comes into play with dueling supers. I was actually glad to see you recover from it.

3 Likes

it was one of those spots where I was just about 100% @JonnyD had the joker because no one would ever ever ever bluff the actual 1 outer (he had one draw post powerup) but I just couldnā€™t not go in. Canā€™t let gut overcome the 34/35 probability. Was a painful one.

4 Likes

Iā€™m back! Streamed my first SCS game on Twitch, and then exported over to YouTube for your viewing enjoyment (hereā€™s hoping, anyway!)

Iā€™m planning on streaming the rest of my SCS games as well as my IYL ones.

SCS5 - Round 1 - vs @Shax

6 Likes

SCS5 - Round 1 - Lower Bracket

3 Likes

Sweet. Any chance those streams might be announced in advance? Havenā€™t been able to catch them.

1 Like

This one was unexpectedly at 12am last night. @Castanietzsche and I had a miscommunication about which day we were playing, so I didnā€™t even know I was going to stream then until basically the time I started.

In the future I can try to post to the match hypenthread with my planned game times, though.

Oh, I guess if you havenā€™t already, following me on twitch (Twitch) means youā€™d be able to get notifications when I do go online (sadly, right now, I canā€™t commit to a consistent streaming schedule).

1 Like

Intense IYL match between @Ginorm and @Gingivitusks ! Great set, and I was happy to also have @JonnyD casting with me, the IYL7 champ.

8 Likes

Wowow one more video!

IYL match between @Hobusu and @ohithere! This match demonstrates that Yomi is a learning experience for some players, but no better to place to learn than in tournament!

9 Likes

For anyone looking for Raziekā€™s descend into madness against migohunterā€™s Quince as mentioned in the first video, you can witness it here.

Also, I identify as he/him, but thanks for being considerate!

9 Likes

I thought it was referring to this video lol.
But the other one is great too.

6 Likes

Just watched that video. God, that is absolutely incredible. Blows the one I linked out of the water. I have learned a newfound fear of migo.

6 Likes

Theyā€™re both favorites of mine.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing more terrifying than a player without fear.

5 Likes

@feathers vs @Caralad

feathersā€™ first tournament match against a yomi veteran, what a great set this was! Jonny also joined me on commentary.

8 Likes