[Yomi] Forums Quick Matches - Sign Ups Always Open!

That sounds great then! Sign me up for the next 7 weeks (upto the end of April) at that pattern and I’ll see how I get on

1 Like

Done. You’ll be active next week, and every other week thereafter (with your last active week being week 10 of ranked, which will be due April 29).

Week 3: Hobusu vs @Niijima-san

:chibidegrey: :pschip: :psfist: :vendetta:

Hobusu 0 - Niijima-san 3

Niijima-san wins!

Considering Niijima-san was my mentor in the Mentournament I expected to get destroyed, especially when I saw that the bracket had given me a “bye” of sorts, and I was not disappointed. The last game came down to the final combat reveal, though, and he said that if he’d had a throw in hand he would have played it and lost to my 7>AA.

Fun games, and I’m looking forward to our next match!

8 Likes

FaceOnMars vs. @Ivan

:gwen: :pschip: :psfist: :midori:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :midori:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:
:degrey: :psfist: :pschip: :setsuki:

Thanks for a great set. That one game with Sets was so close I could feel every punch and the stress of every mixup. GGS

7 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-1 vs @Zqxx
:quince::pschip::psfist::argagarg:
:quince::psfist::pschip::argagarg:

I’ll have thoughts later, but, for right now, I have to go get brunch and drink too many mimosas!

5 Likes

TokH vs @ArthurWynne
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::vendetta:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::troq:
:argagarg::psfist::pschip::troq:

GGs! I had my K radar cranked to 11 apparently.

7 Likes

The reads were definitely real in this one. Well played @TokH!

2 Likes

snoc vs @variable
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: boldly playing into DSD with no jokers left
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: AAAAH I HATE BIG SUPERS WHERE ARE MY JOKERS MAKE IT STOP
:setsuki: :psfist::pschip: :menelker: don’t blame you for switching off Plan AAAA but as discussed postgame I still think it’s the way to win this MU

GGs! Congrats for being the first game to remind me that this is the fun period where EU and USA are disagreeing about DST status but working around the scheduling anyway.

6 Likes

Yeah, Q into DSD seems like a good plan for the Menelker side of this matchup! One fully-pumped Q leaves Sets at a threatened 54 life… :o I hid DSD pretty well in G1, but I forgot to play it. Then, in G2, I got a bit overzealous with my DSD & it got attacked! :scream_cat:

2 Likes

I knew that thing was real, check the tapes :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Week 4 standings

SuperBronze League (5+ :star:)

Player Points Active
Niijima-san :star: :psfist:
flagrantangles :star: :psfist:

Bronze League (0+ :star:)

Player Points Active
snoc :star::star::star: :psfist:
Zqxx :star::star: :psfist:
FaceOnMars :star: :psfist:
JonnyD :star: :psfist:
TokH :star: :psfist:
ArthurWynne :psfist:
Attilian :psfist:
Hobusu :psfist:
Ivan :psfist:
MR75 :psfist:
thehug0naut :psfist:
variable :psfist:
Castanietzsche :star: :knockdown:
FenixOfTheAshes :knockdown:
vengefulpickle :knockdown:

Week 4 matches

thehug0naut/flagrantangles
thehug0naut ────┐
                ├─
flagrantangles ─┘
MR75/Ivan
MR75 ─┐
      ├─
Ivan ─┘
TokH/FaceOnMars
TokH ━━━━━━━━┓
             ┡━ TokH ───────┐
ArthurWynne ─┘              │
                            ├─
FaceOnMars ━━┓              │
             ┡━ FaceOnMars ─┘
Ivan ────────┘
snoc/Zqxx
Hobusu ───┐
          ┢━ snoc ━━━━━┓
snoc ━━━━━┛            ┃
                       ┡━ snoc ─┐
variable ━┓            │        │
          ┡━ variable ─┘        │
MR75 ─────┘                     │
                                ├─
Zqxx ───────────────────────────┘
Attilian/Hobusu
Attilian ─┐
          ├─
Hobusu ───┘
Niijima-san/variable
Niijima-san ─┐
             ├─
variable ────┘
JonnyD/ArthurWynne
TokH ────────┐
             ┢━ JonnyD ─┐
JonnyD ━━━━━━┛          │
                        ├─
ArthurWynne ────────────┘

I’m available again!

1 Like

Blah. I definitely marked you as active when you told me to, but subsequent bugginess seems to have left you marked inactive. I’ll readd you and pair you with @ArthurWynne.

3 Likes

flagrantangles wins 3-0 vs @thehug0naut
:quince::psfist::pschip::grave:
:quince::psfist::pschip::rook:
:quince::psfist::pschip::jaina:

This set was chock full of goonery and hilarity. Playing against Grave is always a bit of a grind, but I have played the matchup quite a bit and I have a feel for the rhythms. I manage to close it out pretty well, thought it was close. Next we go to Rook. Did you know that lying on K-throw EVERY TIME might cause aneurysms? That’s what I learned. I nearly had a perfect in the Rook game but I started playing LOOSE AS A GOOSE and spin a J and reveal a throw and get counter thrown. I eventually close out the game by lying on K-Spin turns again. :wink: Then we move on to Jaina. I’m also pretty familiar with this match up. Jaina was chipping me out and had established a decent lead, eventually I poked out the throw that I thought was coming (after a few failed attempts earlier) into
Consent of the Governed, which evened up the life totals. After that, I lied on two K-Spin turns to close out the game. Capitalizing on past salt is effective. :stuck_out_tongue:

GGs @thehug0naut I’m glad we were able to get our match done since our schedules were basically engaged in mortal combat.

5 Likes

Attilian :ps3gem: - :ps1gem: @Hobusu

:zane: :pschip: :pscrash: :degrey:
:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :degrey:
:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :setsuki:
:zane: :pscrash: :pschip: :setsuki: Maximum Anarchy to finish

Creator and Destroyer did a lot of work for me in this set, even against Setsuki, and mostly stole good hands from Hobusu.

Ggs Hobusu. It was a fun and tense match. Good luck going forward.

5 Likes

What you neglected to mention about that last game was that you clashed MA against my Ninpo Flash! That surprised me quite a bit… :laughing:

Good games, and I hope to get a rematch soon!

4 Likes

@JonnyD vs @ArthurWynne
:grave::psfist::pschip::jaina: - He went the hamvvar school of throwing a lot. It “threw” me off guard for a bit. He even dodged a RAW TpoS at one point, but I guessed right on a few combats.
:grave::pschip::psfist::midori: - He shifted really block heavy gaining a big hand advantage, but I guessed right on a few throw duffs late game. Got undercut by AA for his win after a 7 reveal feeling that throw/dodge was likely with his hand.
:jaina::psfist::pschip::midori: - He went back to hamvvar throwing but I had two 10s in discard for a checkmate situation at the end. I luckily managed to bluff a dodge AA into a throw cause I figured he didnt have an AA which would’ve been lethal. Phew.
:jaina::pschip::psfist::argagarg: - got rekt.
:gloria::psfist::pschip::argagarg: - gloria-arg LUL

JonnyD wins 3-2!

GGs man.

4 Likes

MR vs @Ivan (we played again) 2-3 (and I lost again :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

:gwen::psfist::pschip::rook: gwen hit
:gwen::pschip::psfist::argagarg: devil fish blew away my life
:menelker::psfist::pschip::argagarg: low hp DSD
:menelker::pschip::psfist::grave: turn 3 smashed with 3 mixup --> TPoS
:gwen::pschip::psfist::grave: gwen hit air this time…

Nice set mate, it 's always fun playing vs you!

6 Likes

Zqxx v @snoc
3-1

:midori::pschip::psfist::lum:
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum:
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum:
:midori::psfist::pschip::lum: FULLY PUMPED FINAL DRAGON BUSTER HYPE!

:lum: is a pretty bad MU for :midori: but I decided against switching after game 1 because CP’ing with :argagarg: would have meant having to play against snoc’s :gloria:. And I just really didn’t want to play against :gloria: today.

The set as whole was a lot of fun and very tense. The set likely would have gone differently if not for some crucial execution errors by snoc. :sob: Great games though!

6 Likes

Definitely not salty at all about misclicking away 12 blackjack damage by drawing a J. Here’s my video anyway.

5 Likes