[XCAPS20] Map Tournament SIGNUPS

ROUND 4

This round’s map… BURIAL GROUNDS: Whenever a hero dies, it’s gone forever this game.
Blackhand Resurrector is the only questionable effect here. Pretty sure there was a ruling on it somewhere though.

1. [XCAPS20] ROUND4 Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance vs FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  2. [XCAPS20] ROUND4 Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple vs Dwarddd Monopurple
  3. [XCAPS20] ROUND4 EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth vs charnel_mouse [Growth]/Anarchy/Peace
  4. [XCAPS20] ROUND4 zhavier Monowhite vs James Monoblack
  5. [XCAPS20] ROUND4 Nopethebard Monoblack vs Akiata [Balance/Growth]/Finesse

@Bryce_The_Rice gets the bye. Carpeguitarrem and codexnewb have been eliminated.

4 Likes

I can’t find a direct ruling on the forums, but the text for Resurrector says that it fetches a hero “from the command zone”, and the map card implies that dead heroes never go back there?

EDIT: Discord

That link came up blank for me.

Sorry, looks like Discord decided to link to the wrong post anyway.

sharpo

There’s probably a ton of Sharpo rulings in the old Discord that need to be fished out before they disappear.

4 Likes

Looks like Round 4 is taking a little extra time this week. We will delay start of Round 5 until at least 3 of the 5 matches are complete. Currently only one completed.

5 Likes

With more matches complete, we shall proceed.

ROUND 5!

VORTOSS RUINS: Players can’t build the heroes’ hall or tech lab add-ons, but automatically get their effects.

1. [XCAPS20] ROUND5 FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth vs Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple
  2. [XCAPS20] ROUND5 EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth vs Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance
  3. [XCAPS20] ROUND5 charnel_mouse [Growth]/Anarchy/Peace vs zhavier Monowhite
  4. [XCAPS20] ROUND5 Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace vs Dwarddd Monopurple
  5. [XCAPS20] ROUND5 James Monoblack vs Akiata [Balance/Growth]/Finesse

No Byes this round, as either Nopethebard or Akiata will be eliminated.

3 Likes

Oh boy, I’m in again

1 Like

I think we can proceed, hopefully Ericf and Bolyarich finish their match soon.

ROUND 6! The field narrows.

DAGGERFALL PRISON CAMP: Hiring workers doesn’t cost a card. (Track how many workers you have some other way.)

1. [XCAPS20] ROUND6 zhavier Monowhite vs FrozenStorm [Anarchy]/Strength/Growth
  2. [XCAPS20] ROUND6 Shadow_Night_Black Monopurple vs EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth
  3. [XCAPS20] ROUND6 Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace vs James Monoblack

Bolyarich gets the bye this round.

2 Likes

But how will I thin my deck out now

2 Likes

Play all the things?

Also, for those using the spreadsheet, just mark an x in the worker column each time you make one. :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a spreadsheet for tournament?

Nothing special, just the normal forum spreadsheet.

I think what @bolyarich means, @zhavier, is “do you have a spreadsheet tracking match results that you’d be willing to make public view-only”, which I assume you are tracking w/ your normal sheet and it would be okay w/ you to share it view-only, but up to you :wink: I had been doing that in the OP for the past few tournies, so folks could check the records of other players easily and anticipate their next possible / likely opponent(s)

Sure, but beware, you are looking into the mind of a crazy person, aka a programmer.

3 Likes

So AFAICT, next round will be Bomber v Winner EricF/SNB, and Zhav v Boly, w/ me on a bye? That seem right @zhavier?

Yup, thats accurate. Guess I’ll get me and Boly started.

ROUND 7

FLAGSTONE MINES: Players can hire any number of workers per turn.

1. [XCAPS20] ROUND7 zhavier Monowhite vs Bolyarich [Demonology]/Anarchy/Balance
  2. [XCAPS20] ROUND7 EricF [Blood]/Strength/Growth vs Bomber678 [Discipline/Strength]/Peace

Frozenstorm has the bye.

@ericf @Bryce_The_Rice you can start your match

2 Likes

And for those not keeping track, ROUND 8’s map decided by process of elimination will be

PINNACLE: Heroes can cast ultimate spells even if they aren’t max level and even if they arrived that turn. Dead heroes must wait an extra turn to be resummoned.

2 Likes

Oh boy.

w/ adjudication in the @Shadow_Night_Black vs @EricF game, sounds like @EricF is going first against @Bryce_The_Rice for round 7, that correct @zhavier?

Yup, as edited in the above post.

1 Like