[XCAFS20] Round4: zhavier [Balance/Feral]/Blood vs codexnewb [Future]/Peace/Truth

i always thought that kidnapping noted haste so you could snag a recently summon unit that hasnt had a upkeep pass by yet.

Yea, the new mines are definitely broken. Probably wouldn’t be quite as broken if it was cost 1 and the tap was gain 2, so the total swing was only 3g over 2 turns. Also the damage should be higher and not bother hitting the opponent.

Also, yea, the rulebook has a section about fatigue, explaining that anything that hasnt been under your control since the start of your turn has fatigue and can’t tap or attack.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but ironbark is 2/2+2A so a plasmo by itself should be enough. I know it’s not much, but early game maybe tinkere could have done some more work.

Good catch! I wasn’t even thinking, but yea, tinkerer coulda stuck around after that. My next turn wouldnt have changed, but its possible p2t4 might have changed, with an added blocker or maybe an attack.

Getting rid of the coin flip makes sense for PBF reasons, though it was a buff from effectively 3 + 3/2 + 3/4 + 3/8 (5.5 gold) to the full 6.

Having played with Hasty version, do you think the non-hasty version without coin flip is worth it? Or is the delay still rough.

A mid-point balance could be a 0 cost, 2 hp building with T, deal 1 damage to this building: gain 2 gold. No Haste, but also just a card cost for eventual +4 gold, so you can still develop your own board normally in the meantime.

If there is going to be a delay, it needs to pay off bigger the following turn. 2g+card should not turn into 3g in one turn. If i wanted to wait for 1g next turn, id put something in scav.

If we simply took away the haste, but otherwise left this version alone, i would say it needs to generate 4g or 6g the following turn and then blow up.

Imo the coin flip has to stay. Both flavor-wise and because RM is a gamble. It can last a lot or it can fumble. Imo should have haste and maybe, inflict 1-2 dmg to all buildings when it collapses.

Tossing the flip is solely a pbf logistics consideration.

I am intrigued by this “all buildings” twist. One of its abuses of this mine is making it easier to build tech 2, having it blow up and make that easier to take down seems good.

I also like its flavor. As for the coin flip, meh, playing it should feel like something the other guy should do something about, the coin flip immediately signals it isn’t something to worry about.

The prob is that haste and no coin flip also implies that 3 gold+haste has a hug impact, even if you limit it to 2. 2g+haste is just meh and isn’t worth playing. The coin flip downside/upside is that makes it unreliably good/bad.

Its not actually 3g, its 1g net, because you paid 2 to put it down. Seeing as a card is roughly worth 1.7g, thats just a flat out bad trade most of the time. In addition, gold now is worth more than gold later, so again, bad investment to put 2g and a card into play so that in one turn you get 1g more. Its like a really expensive worker that blows itself up. Adding haste means trading a card NOW for a gold NOW, which is at least halfway reasonable. But then getting 3g for free the following turn seems to be when it goes really bonkers. If you keep the flip, then card for 1g now with a chance it doesnt stay in play seems like an actual gamble, but one that isnt completely awful. But I would say getting 3g the next turn is too much of a payoff for winning the flip. Instead, make the mine cost 1g and pay out 2g and have haste. The turn it is played has no change, coin flip might still blow it up, and if it doesnt blow up, then next turn you get 2g and another coin flip, and so on. I think i still prefer it not to have a coin flip, but the haste is a must have imo.

1 Like

no matter the changes, without haste RM is nor worth playing, imo

1 Like