[XCAFRR19 Round4] UrbanVelvet [Demonology]/Necromancy/Finesse vs Zhavier [Future]/Peace/Anarchy

Interesting you don’t want that deck, as I’d rate it among the best available in the tourney.

I can’t make any promises I won’t assign it to you again (like I said, I’m pretty blindly assigning them just based on lining up the two round robin brackets), so if you want to look ahead you can see whether or not you might be assigned it in future rounds.

Maybe it’s just because I got matched up against peace both times and not having carrion curse really cut down on my potential to counter.

Blacks also tied for my least favorite starting deck with blue. Not good to my style I guess?

Nightmare is not for everyone. Many of the “strong” decks are quite hard to navigate, Nightmare for example depends on nimble fencers and quick removal, though leaning into discord was a reasonable play. That said, the graveyard plan is one of its strongesst assets, except against future. Its also not great against general’s hammer, but future in particular is a bad day to play buildings and upgrades, usually.

Yeah I just totally forgot about future. I was playing against past as the purple choice last time and kinda forgot to change my mental gears.

Nimble fencers proved lackluster when I used them last time so I didn’t want to again. Even with grounded guide and 2 nimble fencers all coming out same play I couldn’t get the momentum to stop dwarddd from double flagstoning

Edit: I only won with this combo against peace when the dwarddd didn’t use peace tech 2