News Shop
Events Forums

When the [Codex] hits just right

Slow Time generator is annoying… I don’t want to destroy it, because then on the following turn you’ll get all your gold and I’m the one who missed out! So I kind of want to just leave it there, so it’ll inconvenience you as well.

Wouldn’t Second Chances return the unit you bounce?

Not if he had already bounced and returned something.

You know, that’s a good point, and I think it slipped my mind at the time. Didn’t matter, ultimately.

That feeling when, after barely getting Might of Leaf and Claw active on the previous turn, you go from an empty board to a cumulative 50 ATK (!) and 61 HP (!!) across 7 units and a hero, relying on a Tech I building with a single hit point remaining…

:chibiargagarg::ok_hand:

LDT2 Round 3: Hobusu (Anarchy/Strength/Growth) vs holytispon (Necromancy/Present/Fire)

My most recent match was activating Might of leaf on my turn and have 1hero and several units beefed up… my opponent turn was , plague lab + sickness + spread disease + win the game
:cry:

feelsbadman
but i think such an anecdote shoud go here:

I am aware of that thread but it is no big deal, especially that I put it here deliberately to contrast the one Hobusu put last.

You could have posted it in the Salt Thread and linked to my post from there, and it would automatically make a link to your post underneath mine. I understand trying to contrast between your game and mine, but this topic is about celebrating when a plan goes right.

MVashM was just posting his opponent’s ‘When the Codex hits just right’ story. It’s all good, people! :wink:

What? Juicer, no! These threads are EXTREMELY SERIOUS OFFICIAL BUSINESS

unless, you know, you don’t feel like it

I feel like this story belongs here… (Or more accurately, it doesn’t feel worth making a new topic and would probably amuse people who read this one.)

I just got done with an IRL game of Codex with a new player I’m teaching (this is his third game total, and his second outside the starting set). The game itself isn’t that important, though it was his first Black against my first Blue (take a guess which side won if you’d like, keeping in mind that he actually won our starter set game and nearly won our Red vs Green game playing as Red). I give him a ride home, and he decides to carry the box for me and ends up placing it on his lap as he sits in the passenger seat. Seems like a bad idea to me, but whatever, they’re his legs, right? We arrive at his house, he thanks me for the game, we quickly discuss what we’ll be doing next time (White vs Purple, him as White so that I have to play a less familiar color), and he sets the box down on the seat where he’d been sitting. I pull away and start heading home… Only to start hearing a beeping sound.

My Codex Deluxe box is apparently heavy enough that the car thought it was a person and wanted me to buckle it in.

When the Codex hits (the seat) just right… :ok_hand:

So I’m playing Blue against my wife’s Green, and it’s been a protracted battle of attrition. We have a thing going where we basically keep breaking each other’s top tech buildings each turn, but I slip and let her keep her Tech II. That’s fine — it just means more and more of this long, long game.

She knows well enough at this point to tech in both Nature Reclaimses when she’s playing against Blue or Purple, which cost me both Jail and Eyes of the Chancellor. It was bad enough that I decided I’d use it to make a Spectral Tiger invisible for a turn, leaving Macciatus unprotected for a turn, too.

Eventually, I keep my Tech III for a turn, and get a Liberty Griffon. Awesome! Except she has an Elemental in +1 attack, with a tower. Oof. At least I can take out her Tech II again this turn.

This continues for another four or five turns, and we joke about the game ending by breaking tech buildings ten times. At last, though, the stars align. Even though she’d played two Artisan Mantises and restored her base to 18 HP, she left my Tech III alive, which proved to be her undoing.

In play, I have a maxbanded Quince. In my hand, I have two Liberty Griffons. I spend two on Mirror Illusions, drop the two Liberty Griffons into play, duplicating them with the Mirror Illusions, and yolo all four directly into her base for 20 damage and the game.

Still, though. The number of times I stashed Liberty Griffon with Bigby (“The Big B”) only for my Tech III to be broken AGAIN the next turn is almost enough to make this post eligible for the Salt Thread, too.

The Codex hit just right for me Friday night when I actually played some games with my Deluxe box

Also Grag that’s definitely one of my favourite combos in the game