When the [Codex] hits just right

black/green ended up winning but either way it was a great moment.

That feel when you deal 18 damage to your opponentā€™s base in a single turn. :nauticaldog: :ok_hand:

• Clear patrol zone with shenanigans
  • Attack with Geiger and Tricycloid to deal 5
  • Use Geiger maxband to flicker Tricycloid
  • Use Now! to give it haste, attack base and then fire on the base 3 times, dealing 9
  • Use Temporal Distortion to replace it with Hyperion deal 4

gg

6 Likes

Using Quince mirrors to copy your opponentā€™s Warp Gate Disciple to summon your own Warp Gate Disciples because you went Discipline this game :nauticaldog: :ok_hand:

I mean, I lost, but that game got downright weird.

9 Likes

Isnā€™t that line missing a point of damage? Shouldnā€™t you have attacked with tricycloid, then max banded Geiger, then attacked with Geiger?

Possibly. I still had money left over after doing all that, and his base was at 18, so I didnā€™t need to be any more efficient than I already was.

1 Like

Doing one more damage than necessary isnā€™t hitting :ok_hand: just right :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Due to a combination of weird draws and relying a bit too much on teching Warp Gate Disciple shenanigans, last night while playing Purple I actually managed to get an Octavian on the board with my Hardened Mox still alive (because Hardened Mox explicitly says itā€™s trashed when a Tech II unit is on the board, with no mention of Tech III).

Then @Jeremetroid immediately used Entangling Vines and Mind-Parry Monk to effectively neutralize Octavian :frowning:

5 Likes

sounds more like a red herring tale.

When your opponent summons an Octavian on turn 6 but youā€™ve got a Mind Parry Monk and Entagling vines combo in your hand to lock that 8 tentacled monstrosity down :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Warp Gate Disciple was intended for Now! and Ready or Not shenanigans that never manifested. Instead I got wrecked to the point where I had a WGD actually patrolling. It was pretty grim.

3 Likes

Now I have this wonderful image of the Mind Parry Monk standing there with eight beams of psycho-kinetic focus shining from his forehead, holding back all of Octavianā€™s tentacles, with a satisfied grin on his face. Octavian, deep in his cephalopod brain, thinking ā€œThat one. I eat that one first.ā€

6 Likes

Last week, while playing with @Jeremetroid, I decided to go Feral against his Monowhite. I figured that heā€™d tech in Entangling Vines, expecting a Gigadon, so I decided to pull a Nature Reclaims, just in case. The trap was set, and the catch was sprung, as he Entangling Vines-ed my Gigadon the turn after I played it. No need to worry ā€” I had Nature Reclaims in hand, allowing me to trash Entangling Vines* and get some value out of Gigadon the next turn. Awesome!

Then he played his other Entangling Vines on my Gigadon.

*Apparently, vines + vines = no vines. Maybe one of them is actually made of antivines.

6 Likes

If you were attacking with gigadon, he couldnt possibly vine it since that card only works against patrollers. Very neat use of nature reclaim

4 Likes

[gasps audibly]

4 Likes

Oh deary meā€¦

1 Like

I missed the part where the 2 vines were played against the same unit in the same turn :upside_down:.
What an evil guy that rook is
:laughing:

1 Like

Naw, he actually played Entangling Vines two turns in a row, but we both failed to realize that itā€™s limited to patrollers on the second turn. : O

4 Likes

Time for a rematch I guess.

3 Likes

Got maxband Drakk and somehow he lives through the opponentā€™s turn. Good good. Awesome! Land Octopus! Time to get some serious value with Haste and Frenzy ā€” looks like itā€™s time to clear out that patrol zone.

Awesome! Drew another Land Octopus the following turn! Great! And Drakkā€™s still around because I wiped the other side clean last turn. Time to take out two heroes in one hit, taking only 1 damage from Arg!

8 Likes

Woohoo Octopus!!!

1 Like