When the [Codex] hits just right

Naw, he actually played Entangling Vines two turns in a row, but we both failed to realize that it’s limited to patrollers on the second turn. : O

4 Likes

Time for a rematch I guess.

3 Likes

Got maxband Drakk and somehow he lives through the opponent’s turn. Good good. Awesome! Land Octopus! Time to get some serious value with Haste and Frenzy — looks like it’s time to clear out that patrol zone.

Awesome! Drew another Land Octopus the following turn! Great! And Drakk’s still around because I wiped the other side clean last turn. Time to take out two heroes in one hit, taking only 1 damage from Arg!

8 Likes

Woohoo Octopus!!!

1 Like

We were playing random heroes
I was bashing necro truth
I had mirror from previous turn.kill patroller with garth, Max garth to heal and bring Harvest Reaper, quince copies HR. HR clears patrol.
The damage this turn had done was so massive my opponent had no way to comeback

It felt great that I actually used all specs in one turn

8 Likes

Since it was requested, I’ll link my recent CAPS winning turn here :slight_smile:

[Demon]/Finesse has so many great synergies, but this one wasn’t something I had really thought about until this game: A straight 20 to 0 turn primarily driven by Graveyard and Maestro making Nimble Fencer and Star-crossed Starlets free!

4 Likes

Can verify, that Codex did hit just right for FrozenStorm. That was a pretty epic turn.

3 Likes

tfw exactsies :sob::ok_hand:

4 Likes

That moment when you realize that it was a good thing you didn’t worker Traffic Director, because Drill Sergeant can load him up with + runes for unstoppably attacking buildings

2 Likes

I don’t think that works since Traffic Director is untargetable and the Drill Sergeants target with their runes. Regardless of that, however, I love the idea!

3 Likes

Since you probably didn’t worker Manufactured Truth either, you should still be able to pull your combo off eventually!

1 Like

Huh, I thought untargetable only applied to opponents. Hmm.

1 Like

Nope! REMATCH!

5 Likes

yeah, all the 1/1 ignore patroller tech 0s all have ways that make it difficult to impossible to get them to deal more then 1 to anything.

2 Likes

the only exception, in a way is nullcraft.

You might want to quote who you are referencing. It sounds like you are referencing the post immediately before:

In order to contradict it.

In this case, Nullcraft does have ways that make it difficult to get them to deal more than 1 damage to anything.

i am not contradicting clan, just saying than nullcraft is the only techo unit that can be BA/DS buffed, and having both haste and fly can be considered (sort of) a tech 0 unstoppable unit.

2 Likes

yeah it’s a sliding scale. Nullcraft has some restrictions, but the least of any of them

• Pestering Haunt: can’t have more than 1 attack, so no boosts work
  • Traffic Director: Untargetable, so only non-targeted boosts (Drakk midband, War Drums, Stampede) work
  • Smoker: Gets bounced when targeted, so only the above things work. However it has a role in an infinite rune combo with [white]/peace/finesse, so it indirectly contributes
  • Spectral Aven: is an illusion, so only non-targeted boosts work unless you have Macciatus
  • Nullcraft: Can’t be targeted by buff spells, so non-targeted boosts work as well as +1/+1 runes from units
4 Likes

Don’t forget Chaos Mirror!

2 Likes

When I play Red, it’s easy to tell when I will play Fire: if I’m P1 and draw Bloodburn on my first turn, well, hey, no need to patrol anything, so why not just get that upgrade down on the board?

After getting the miracle draw of both copies of Hotter Fire on my very first turn with a working Tech II, things started to look good and in fact kept looking good, even as @Jeremetroid brought out Potent Basilisks to destroy my Bloodburn and one of my Hotter Fires.

But then, I found myself with a bunch of Lobbers and Firebats on the table and just one guy patrolling in “draw 1 card,” and the card I drew from his death was… the Hotter Fire that was just destroyed earlier that turn.

The next turn I exhaust both Lobbers and both Firebats, and deal, what, 14 damage directly to his base? Something like that. He’d already taken base damage by that point as well.

Then I brought out Drakk and put him in the patrol zone and said gg

10 Likes