When the [Codex] hits just right

I want to try Peace for that too. They have lots of 3’s and other inter-color combos. Especially, Flagstone Garrison is a 3 and makes it easier to find more 3’s.

1 Like

Having two Omegacrons on the board and Rewind in hand, but not quite enough money to pay for everything I needed. Then I remembered Prynn maxband - play her, maxband, use all her time runes to flicker both patrollers out of the patrol zone, play a nullcraft to bring the base down to 18 and burn everything to get the 'crons online!

7 Likes

This is from my last RACE game against @lettucemode.

I felt like the game up to this point had been fairly even, but I had a slight advantage (since I was doing my thing of wiping their board until my win condition comes up, and I’d poked his base to 16 HP). He had used Thieving Imp to discard one of my cards, preventing me from using Surprise Attack to break his patrol last turn (I still did it, but it took a lot more effort). Since I was going Blood Tech II, he did the smart thing and put down an Abomination, completely disabling any Shoddy Gliders I might have had (I hadn’t teched any yet) and effectively removing the Frenzy 1 from Drakk’s midband. To be sure it (and he) would survive, he put it in Lookout and played Gorgon to Squad Leader and Grave to Elite. Because I had mentioned how much Thieving Imp had messed me up, he hopefully asked if it had discarded Kidnapping.

Not only had it not, but I now had Kidnapping in my hand and the perfect target to use it on.

I kidnapped Gorgon and had it trade with Abomination. Since Gorgon was under my control I got to draw a card from it dying, and I drew Captured Bugblatter. Since Drakk was close to max level I had my crippled Zane trade with Grave, which cleared his patrol zone and let me give Haste to one of my units from my hand. Played Bugblatter and a Crashbarrow, the two of them and Drakk attacked his base for 15 of its 16 remaining HP, then Crashbarrow died from ephemeral and Bugblatter’s ability did the last point of damage to close the game.

:nauticaldog::ok_hand:

13 Likes

I will like any Blood victories.

5 Likes

Here’s one from relatively recently:

I’m playing [Finesse]/Present/Discipline against mono-purple. My opponent just built his Tech 2 last turn.

My board: L3 Geiger with 1 damage
Opponent’s patrol: Stewardess in Elite
Opponent’s board: Nullcraft, L1 Prynn, forecasted KotC
My hand: Wither, Bloom, 2x Nimble Fencer, Temporal Distortion

I begin the turn with 9 gold. The play is this:
Worker Wither (8)
Bloom Geiger (6)
Geiger kills Stewardess
Nimble Fencer hits Tech 2 for 2 (4)
Temporal Distortion Nimble Fencer for Star-Crossed Starlet (2)
Replay Nimble Fencer (0)
Starlet kills Prynn, maxbanding Geiger
Geiger’s maxband trashes and returns Starlet
Starlet breaks Tech 2
Fencer hits base for an additional 2

11 Likes

Played another Blue vs. Green game against my wife tonight. Decided, hey, let’s use some spells and try out a new thing. On one turn, my hand consisted of:
• Dreamscape
• Hallucination
• Manufactured Truth

Between these three cards, I managed to immediately wipe out my wife’s whole board for remarkably little.

3 Likes

I’m obviously missing something here (probably because I’ve never played blue) - but I don’t really see the interaction here.

Dreamscape makes everything into an illusion, and then Hallucination lets you kill 2 things. How are you killing the rest without any other targeting effects on the board? And what does Manufactured Truth have to do with it (since that doesn’t target)?

I had another couple of units that let me finish the job (I believe I used Manufactured Truth to turn an Overeager Cadet into a Brave Knight to get Double Value out of him) but in the end I’m not super sure Dreamscape was a smart call.

3 Likes

I was playing [Past/Present]/Growth against monoblack. I was player 2. The game wasn’t going well, he went disease and kept either weakening or clearing my line but he couldn’t break through, yet I couldn’t mount much offense. When turn 4 rolled around, I just though to myself, “We’re doomed anyway” and teched 2 Guargums. A few turns later, I finally got Guargum out and my opponent cleared my whole line (including Guargum) except for a maxbanded Geiger on technician with one -1/-1 rune and two damage. Luckily my final hand was the other Guargum, Now!, and Dinosize. With my 11 workers I was able to obliterate his line and hit base for 20 in one turn.

9 Likes

Even by the standards of this thread, that is ridiculously awesome. The fact you had EXACTLY 20 damage just makes it sweeter. [Actually no, it was 21, because Geiger was at max.] Bet he wished he could have put out a 5th patroller :wink:

1 Like

Well he exhauated most of his units and his hero taking out the first Guargum :smile:. Most of the salt was about having left Max alive to deny me the technician draw.

1 Like

Neither of these led to wins, but they were very satisfying:

1. Facing @Hobusu with a Sparring Partner in SQL and Lv. 3 Grave in Technician with a +1/+1 rune, and with a full-health porcupine, a 4/2 Glorious Ninja (I bloodlusted it the turn before), and a Tower behind the lines. I had nothing but a Lv. 1 Vandy (just snapped in) and a Tech I/II (Blood). With $8 and a technician draw I did the following: Glider trades with SP. MM hits Grave to 4 hp. Crashbarrow takes out Grave and OPs to kill GNinja. Rambaster hits Tech II for 3 hp and survives Tower. Vandy (now midband) takes out Tech II and survives Tower. Patrol Crashbomber in Technician. (I didn’t touch the porcupine. That guy’s sharp.)

2. Trying out mirror shenanigans against @CesareB: On my Turn 3, he had no defense, but max Calamandra and 1/1 Rambaster. I had a Bluecoat Musketeer, a Traffic Director, and a 0/1 leftover Mirror Token. Zane -> Chaos Mirror to swap Mirror with Cal -> Token safely hits Cal for 4. Zane kills Rambaster and survives. Bluecoat kills Cal. Chaos Mirror to swap Mirror with TDirector -> TDirector kills the HH he just built. I had no real game plan besides playing lots of CM and Now!, and I never damaged his base after that, but the Bluecoat I played T1 lasted until his T8; it was like a cheaper Bloodburn for the whole game.

6 Likes

My friend surprised me today. I wasn’t sure where to post it, so here it is.
]

6 Likes

That’s sick! :smiley:

Heh, birds.

3 Likes

I hit opponent base twice with nullcraft in the first turns of the game.

Fast forward several turns, I managed to pull a sacrifice everything to bring in two Omegacrons for lethal damage.
It felt great and my opponent was left in disbelief of what just happened

4 Likes

i cannot see the image :frowning:

Haha! What’s even more awesome about that is that aside from the spell art, everything refers to “Strength Hero”. So why couldn’t it be Android 16?

1 Like

I wish Sirlin would release his card templates so it’d be easier to make these things or homebrew factions. <3
Can totally understand if that’s not possible though.

I’m on my phone now and can’t see it either, maybe the picture has trouble with mobile devices.

edit: I removed the spoiler tags and it shows up fine on my phone now. Hopefully, it does for you as well.

1 Like