What's your Favorite Deck?

What a coincidence! Futurepeace Blood is my favorite new anime this season

3 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely some similarities but there are a couple of big differences I can think of

-1/-1 Runes

• Really good vs heroes. No leveling up and getting rid of the damage for them
  • Useful on your turn and the opponentā€™s (because attack and armor effects typically only last for your turn)

+atk/+arm

• Strong on attack
  • Very good for taking down buildings

I think Growth/Disease could work well together.

1 Like

What do you think would be a good third hero for this build? I was thinking along the lines of abusing Plague Lab, so I think Discipline would pair nicely. Itā€™d be pretty awesome to copy a sword rune! Iā€™m probably going to try running [Disease]/Growth/Discipline.

1 Like

It can be very hard to set up both a Maxband Grave and a Plague lab that survives to the next turn, but it would be totally awesome.

1 Like

True. I think Polymorphing a unit with a -1/-1 rune will happen more frequently :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t have a favourite yet. Iā€™m slowly getting more comfortable theory-crafting multi-colour stuff, so if I end up with a favourite itā€™s probably going to be in that space, but so far the only mono-colour Iā€™ve played that I havenā€™t really enjoyed is Black. I havenā€™t tried Red yet, just because it hasnā€™t really appealed to me.

Green, White, Purple, and Blue are all ballinā€™ tho.

1 Like

I think I might try running future with it. I really like the Black starter because of Graveyard. I also really like Geigerā€™s spells and abilities. I have a feeling Iā€™ll lean heavily on my heroes so maybe the graveyard can get me more value out of my blockers. Iā€™ll try to get some forum games in this week.

Still working on getting any meatspace players out of monocolorā€¦but my current ā€œWant to try thatā€ build is [Balance], Truth, Present. The unattainable dream is Momentā€™s Peace plus Free Sppech plus Chronofixer, but the more practical applications are likely the many different 2nd cycle synergies available.

1 Like

My favourite deck is by far Mono-Blue, I love the Blue starter so much !
I love Neutral Starter even more, but Iā€™m still thinking about how to build something on it.

Insurance Agent is definitely my favourite card, but maybe a Quinceā€™s mirrors shenanigans-centered deck would be my favourite one once Iā€™ll discover it.
Mind Control (although very difficult to use) is my favourite spell so far, although Iā€™d love to try Troqā€™s ultimate in a 3v3 deck one day !

2 Likes

If you want to have a mirror-shenanigans-centered deck, you should do [Truth]/Anarchy (for Chaos Mirror).

You could add Balance as your third for Wandering Mimic, or Discipline for Reversal (which both have a bit of a mirror theme to them), or you could do Necromancy for Lord of Shadows if youā€™re theming on tricks of the light (plus I think Illusion Skeletons count as black).
But I think Present would be better, because Warp Gate Disciple has a very ā€œThrough the Looking Glassā€ vibe to it.

1 Like

Any chance you can explain how you use the Blue starting deck the first few rounds?

Cry a lot, try to survive until you have real units.
Build a tower.

1 Like

ā€œTower is the eleventh card of the Blue starter deckā€

7 Likes

If youā€™re specifically asking about the themed Mirror Shenanigans deck I was suggesting to Castanietzsche, I honestly donā€™t know, as I only have the Starter and Core Set, and I probably wouldnā€™t run blue if I had Deluxeā€¦ but theory-crafting:

You want Heroā€™s Hall early-ish, because you want Quince and Zane at the same time, and you want early double Chaos Mirror tech. The goal is to Chaos Mirror the Mirrors (or anything low attack: Reputable Newsman, Traffic Director, Building Inspector) with your opponentā€™s biggest dude.

Note that Chaos Mirror doesnā€™t target, so it works on Traffic Director. This means that later in the game, Traffic Directors might be the best bet for pushing damage through.

Early game, throwing those cheap guys down as chump blockers shouldnā€™t be a problem, and Jail might be worth the cost (as youā€™ll be running a much cheaper deck, overall). Iā€™d worker the Porkhand Magistrate, the Musketeer, the Lawful Search, and maybe the Aven.

Iā€™d be hitting Present for Tech II, trying to get Warp Gate Disciple out (another potential candidate for Chaos Mirror), and using it to put out Spectral Rocs, Chameleon Lizzos, and maybe Spectral Tigers (another candidate for CMā€™ing attack onto Traffic Director). In other words, weird cheap aggro.

I have no idea how effective this would be, but I like to think that if it fails, it will do so spectacularly. (:

3 Likes

Iā€™m really liking [Demonology]/X/X. Vandy and the black starter are both really good, and thereā€™s a lot of synergy between Dark Pact and Haunt/Deteriorate/Javelineer and between Metamorphosis and (your heroes).

1 Like

Please help; what is this synergy with Dark Pact?

You can play multiple cheap cards without going down on handsize.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

I have been having a lot of fun with Growth, Strength, Demonology, but keep switching which starter I use. The amount of small synergies the specs have is crazy.

I still feel like Black is the obvious choice for which starter to use there, Jandra + Mythmaking too strong and Black is already just great