What's The Play? - Peace meets Peace

u do not have HH or tech 3 so u do not get to play 3 heroes.

Traffic Director is untargetable, so can’t add runes to it.

@zhavier

Right.
I thought it was like invisible, only opponent cant target it but you can target your own

I think the only winning play is assuming that he can’t burn you out, patrolling in a way that Midori can’t suicide, and teching Unphases to help work towards lethal assuming he can cast Moment’s Peace until he can burn you out. That trick, I think, is managing that in two turns.

1 Like

Invisible is a modified form of untargetable. “To opponent’s without a detector, it’s untargetable…”

nah. If he did not even bother rebuild tech II or HH, as ericf pointed out, that means he is certain to win, that means either via pillage or scorch, that deal dmg and even midori could cast.
AS far as I see, though, is impossible. With only 2 heroes and 6 gold (10-2 for 2nd hero summon-2 for aven summon and get just teched cards) is simply impossible.

I think his point was that it is pointless to even try playing around those cards, because it’s impossible to win like you said, so you should try and at least set yourself up for a surefire victory if your opponent doesn’t have pillage or scorch in their next hand.

imo this makes no sense. u already have an outrageous army on the field, u could just patrol and do nothng else.I tried various approches but the dmg i can dish out is a mere 9.

If you just patrol and he doesn’t have lethal in hand by some other means, then he flies over your units with Midori and kills you without needing it. So you still need to play and patrol Aven. If he doesn’t have either of Scorch, Pillage, or Charge + Careless Musketeer in hand, then you have another turn to kill. If he doesn’t have another Moment’s Peace in hand, you probably overwhelm his forces pretty easily, so you don’t need to spend your turn preparing for it. If he does have another Moment’s Peace in hand, then you need to set yourself up for a guaranteed Tricycloid or Hero-based victory.

1 Like

If you assume that they don’t have scorch and pillage in hand, you still can’t just mindlessly patrol with everything. You need to take this turn to accomplish a few objectives:

• Making sure Midori can’t suicide into one of your patrollers, allowing your opponent to summon Jaina who potentially can deal lethal damage
  • Making sure Midori can’t fly over your patrol and kill you directly
  • Setting up your board and deck so that you have lethal damage next turn, even through a second Moment’s Peace
2 Likes

@EricF Great puzzle by the way. I like the arc of “oh, interesting, does teching D. Alpha give you a lethal line here?!” to “omg it might!” to “shit no it definitely doesn’t” to “oh but you still have to think about this turn to set up lethal on the next turn!”

1 Like

I still think, knowing how these puzzles work, and particularly given the number of different ways our opponent has to win on his turn, that there’s got to somehow be a way to get lethal this turn, as impossible as that sounds.

No, don’t ask me how…

1 Like

I can find the 9 damage line, but so far nothing gets me to 16 on base.

Tech Now! and Boot Camp, play Oni, spectral aven to grab tech cards, elite training heroes, boot camp midori, Now! on Oni, and level Geiger, 9 damage.

Notably, this does let you patrol aven for the idea you live one more turn, but as stated, probably not going to save you.

1 Like

…but how tho :wink:

3 Likes

My initial reaction was “oh, just put a bunch of +1/+1s from Drill Sergeants onto Triskelioncycloid and shoot the base” but I forgot that it just makes time runes act as +1/+1s rather than running on +1/+1s directly.

1 Like

Hmm… lesson learned.

Oh well, it was a clever idea. Maybe someone can find the solution imagining that Tricycloid ran off +1/+1 runes.

3 Likes

I had considered that possibility as well. I was going to mention it in a post, but then I responded to Legion instead.

I think an interesting twist on this puzzle could be with you having the same board state, except for also having a Newsman in play (on an irrelevant number like 4). Then, after deciding what to tech, you have to play Lawful Search to see their hand. Their hand contains something like [Pillage, Moment’s Peace, Flame Arrow, 2 other cards], so you have to flicker the Newsman with Geiger to stop Pillage, then patrol so that Midori can’t fly over for lethal or suicide to bring in Jaina as well. Maybe they even rebuilt their Heroes’ Hall, so you have to find a way to break that this turn too. While doing all this, you also have to still find a way to set up lethal for your next turn through the next Moment’s Peace that you know is coming.

4 Likes

I find it funny that I checked that first thing, but didn’t realize that Drill Sergeant didn’t let you boost heroes. XD

1 Like

Now it makes sense! lol

1 Like

Tech: Promise of Payment, Debilitator Alpha (DAlpha)

• Get 10 gold
  • Play Aven (8)
  • Draw PoP and DAlpha
  • Put 1 rune on each DSergeant (3 runes total)
  • Summon Vyr (6)
  • PoP DAlpha (6)
  • Draw nothing (because you’ve already used your reshuffle to get your teched cards)?
  • Put 1 rune on each DSergeant (5 runes total)
  • Temporal Distortion DAlpha into a Tricycloid
  • Put 5 runes on Tricycloid from the DSergeants
  • Tricycloid shoots base for 6 - base is at 10
  • Geiger attacks Midori dealing 2, and taking 2 damage
  • Tricycloid shoots Midori for 2, killing Midori, and max’ing Geiger
  • Maxband Geiger ability flickers Tricycloid
  • Tricycloid shoots base for 3 - base is at 7
  • Play DAlpha (1)
  • Draw nothing (because you’ve already used your reshuffle to get your teched cards)?
  • Put 1 rune on each DSergeant (2 runes total)
  • Put two more runes on Tricycloid and shoot base for 2 - base is at 5

…

I’m missing something here…