What are you guys planning to use for sleeves

For folders, I have the 6 that came with the deluxe set. Are most people buying 3 extra binders for the neutral set and whichever combination you’re using at the time? That is, do you move the 3 specs you’ve picked out of their binders and into a new one before you play?

Finished sleeving my Codices recently!! It took me a while, since I was double sleeving everything. :0 I used clear KMC Perfect Size sleeves on the inside, and clear Dragon Shield sleeves on the outside - for the most parte! It seems to have turned out very well. I was running out of clear Dragons, though, so I picked up some other Dragon Shield matte sleeves to sleeve my remaining stuffs (tokens + map cards). I wish I had had enuff clear Dragons for everything to maintain consistency, but all of my Starter/Spell/Tech cards are in clear sleeves so whatever.

Still haven’t played the game, though. :psyduck: I would like to soon!!

2 Likes

Another update: Still shuffling my Codex-sleeved Yomi foil aces at work, pretty frequently during the work week. Still no signs at all of fading on the image on the back of the sleeve. Very small amounts of wear and splitting starting at the bottom corners of the sleeves.

1 Like

This seems too good to be true. 6 bucks for 500 sleeves?? I’m not crazy right?

Those are “penny” sleeves, so they’re meant to be cheap. They likely won’t fit into the Codex binders. But if you’re going with a non-binder codex solution, they’ll be fine. (:

Are penny sleeves larger than ultra pros and dragon shields and the like?

and for a game with 700 cards I think (hope) buying lots of sleeve in bulk should be fine, especially since it’s not like the cards are extremely valuable alone

They are “looser”, very wiggly, prone to coming off. On a budget, they’re probably better than nothing so yea, fine to start out!

1 Like

Ah thank you. Sounds like it might be iffy for binders
Maybe I could swap out my magic cards for their sleeves, but I don’t know if I have 700…
Even then, they’re just the basic ultra pro

Penny sleeves are also bad for shuffling, and the soft plastic is easily marked. The only downside to more traditional Ultra Pro sleeves is the hologram, which covers up some card text. I included some pictures of cards in different sleeves here: (Nearly) Complete Codex Deluxe component storage and travel approach

5 Likes

Wow, Impressively thorough. Props to you my friend, and thank you for this