Variant Rules Proposal: All Cards

In All Cards, each player has their own set of cards, yes. I was just belatedly commenting on Persephone’s FFA idea where players share a card pool.

Maybe I’m weird, but I bought 2 Deluxe sets to support mirror matches and so that I could run games at conventions. Aside from conventions and other cases where I introduced the game to new players, everyone brought their own set of cards. So, I think 1 Deluxe Set per person is not too outrageous, at least for an optional variant?

1 Like

I don’t really live in an area where I can expect anyone but me to have their own cards, and the only reason I have the Deluxe Set myself is that I caught a sale. I’m just saying it would be nice if there was at least a way to account for people in my situation, even if that’s not the main focus.

Sure, but I don’t see a way to require fewer cards without undermining the goal in this case. I guess print & play is an option, but it’s probably easiest to just use the PbF tools if enough physical cards aren’t already on hand.

In in-person FFA, if you’re OK with a small restriction, you could restrict each person to teching cards out of only 1 binder on any given turn, which they announce when their turn ends (either taking that binder or getting dibs when the person holding it finishes). It gives other players information, but logistically I think it’s probably easier than having everyone pretend they can’t see you flipping through the red binder.

(thinking 5-6 player games, 3-4 would probably be okay using two binders)

edit: but yeah, in person you either print & play or you’re forced into some version of the competitive draft variant.

You could print & play live if you had a wireless printer! each player connects via their phone & prints off the card images directly when they tech them. Cut the card out of the corner, flip the paper, & put it back in the feed tray?

1 Like

I’d be worried that putting partial sheets of paper in a printer might damage it somehow?

Nah, cut up paper put into a printer, at worst, will just cause a jam that you can clear pretty easy, on most printers.

1 Like

@Nekoatl seeing as we are both knocked out the tourney, how about we try this shenanigans?

1 Like

Sounds good, my roll is 77. :slight_smile:

32 for me, start us off m8 :slight_smile: